Ios6 gm???

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It will never be OTA for developers. The public may see it OTA, but even then I doubt it.

Are you trying to say that people who own an iPhone 4s or iPad 3rd Gen who DON"T have a computer will NOT be able to update to iOS 6.0? That is an absurd statement.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to say that people who own an iPhone 4s or iPad 3rd Gen who DON"T have a computer will NOT be able to update to iOS 6.0? That is an absurd statement.

If it's not OTA, they yes... they will be stuck in time. Hopefully it won't be the case... but hard to say at this point.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

He's speaking of the GM seed. The public update is the GM seed of today which is out next week. Basically, if the GM seed isn't OTA for dev account holders, then it most likely won't be OTA for the public next week. Instead it would be an iTunes update.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
He's speaking of the GM seed. The public update is the GM seed of today which is out next week. Basically, if the GM seed isn't OTA for dev account holders, then it most likely won't be OTA for the public next week. Instead it would be an iTunes update.

Well the GM seed should not be out for the public OTA or any other way, I thought he was referring to the release of iOS 6 on the 19th.

>>> Taking forever to download the GM.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Install was FAST and easy... don't really feel or see anything different. My brightness dimmed again, and of course Passport stuff just goes to a blank page on the iTunes site... looks the same overall. But really what were we expecting?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Installed on my iPhone and iPad. Just went ahead and did clean, new installs without an older backup.
Always nice to start fresh with a newer OS. Everything working fine except for the keyboard shortcuts
still not syncing.

joosen

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Will we be able to install this, and then upgrade to the official iOS6? Or would we have to downgrade back to iOS5, then upgrade? I ask this because I have a backup of iOS5, and if I cannot go from iOS6 GM to official, that means I would have to use my iOS5, rather than the backup created from iOS6 GM

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Will we be able to install this, and then upgrade to the official iOS6? Or would we have to downgrade back to iOS5, then upgrade? I ask this because I have a backup of iOS5, and if I cannot go from iOS6 GM to official, that means I would have to use my iOS5, rather than the backup created from iOS6 GM

No. Once you install this one you won't have to downgrade. The GM is the exact same version that Apple will release to the public on September 19th. GM = Next week's "official"

Reactions: joosen

joosen

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
No. Once you install this one you won't have to downgrade. The GM is the exact same version that Apple will release to the public on September 19th. GM = Next week's "official"

Ahh, alright, thanks! As for the installation procedure, do I treat it like the betas?
1) Make a backup
2) Install a fresh 5.1.1
3) After it is activated, shift + click and choose iOS6 GM
4) Restore backup from 5.1.1
5) Win??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro