Music App Woes

MountandJew

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else wish that Apple would allow for better music storing on their iOS devices? I've noticed in iOS 6 (beta 4) that while the iOS Apps as a whole do look different (the iPhone and iPod touch apps do, at least), Apple still doesn't allow for better music storing. I could be something simple like "album artist, by year" or "album artist, alphabetically". What do you guys think?

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
how apple does music is honestly 90% of why i bought an iphone. i bought a palm when i really wanted an iphone but couldn't afford AT&T. Fail. I podcast instead of radio most days, i use my music player and podcaster in the car for music and sports talk, i manage most music.

I'm pretty meticulous about my tags so 100% of mine have blank album artist tags from when apple started screwing with sorting by album artist. But the way it sorts and navigates is perfect. In fact i have a lot of music and a 64 gb iphone mostly with music along with an 80gb iphone that's full so for me sorting is important. i typically navigate, genre, then pick artist, then the album. Other phones/players navigate genre then songs and you end up with a list of 10000 songs. Hell i don't have time to scroll through that while i'm driving in a car or something. and these days i don't even know what album stuff is on so if they just give me 5000 albums it's useless, i don't really ever start navigating by going directly to album. And since i have many different genres i like to navigate that ways. So for me the way apple does it is perfect. Messing with the music player would be a big deal for me and is the one thing that will drive me away from the platform mostly cause it's a big reason i didn't go android. I can be flexible and i don't really mind having options even if i don't use them but i like it the way they are. i'm even skeptical about the changes in ios 6 but we'll see when i actually use it. But like i said, i wouldn't object to them adding more categories like year for others that want to use it. In fact i'm for more options. i'm particular about how it must sort so if others have a similar pet peeve i'm all for giving them the option from that edit screen to add a year icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods