Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dose anyone know what iOS6 will bring ?

You must be living in a cave. Apple did a preview a few months ago... the Apple blogosphere is covering every topic imaginable... and there are multiple threads on the forums... it's harder to miss the info than it is to find it...

Dysharn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
You must be living in a cave. Apple did a preview a few months ago... the Apple blogosphere is covering every topic imaginable... and there are multiple threads on the forums... it's harder to miss the info than it is to find it...

Well have seen all the preview on the apple website but am sure they will be more to Ios6. If am right apple never show everything that will be releasing so that's why I was asking if they was any hidden secret about ios6

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well have seen all the preview on the apple website but am sure they will be more to Ios6. If am right apple never show everything that will be releasing so that's why I was asking if they was any hidden secret about ios6

We'll find out Wednesday

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Apple hasn't revealed the "secret" stuff. We won't know about that until the tell us on 9/12.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I think there will be one or two hidden bits in there that tie in with some of the new iPhone 5 hardware features. Like something NFC related that isn't available on older hardware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to the new maps and Facebook as well.

Been running iOS 6 since the first beta. The only nice thing about maps is the turn-by-turn... The rest - so far - is subpar to google maps... Less detail, lower resolution satellite imagery, poorer search results in maps...

Hopefully google releases an App Store version of google maps...

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Biggest thing for me is the updated Safari. It's noticeably faster than what's in iOS 5.x, and I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning that as one of the key features; seems pretty important to me.
I had been using the Beta up until 4, and from what I've experienced, the Facebook integration is pretty cool; being able to post from the NC without having to go into the app is quite nice.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Biggest thing for me is the updated Safari. It's noticeably faster than what's in iOS 5.x, and I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning that as one of the key features; seems pretty important to me.
I had been using the Beta up until 4, and from what I've experienced, the Facebook integration is pretty cool; being able to post from the NC without having to go into the app is quite nice.

agreed, safari is considerably faster. how has your battery performance been?

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
agreed, safari is considerably faster. how has your battery performance been?

When I was on the Betas, my battery life was subpar, even more so than you'd expect on a Beta. However, to be fair, my battery life hasn't ever been very good (I've had different issues as well, and after talking to others, including people at AT&T, apparently my phone is a 'lemon').

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
When I was on the Betas, my battery life was subpar, even more so than you'd expect on a Beta. However, to be fair, my battery life hasn't ever been very good (I've had different issues as well, and after talking to others, including people at AT&T, apparently my phone is a 'lemon').

and i am assuming this why you are back on 5.1.1

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
and i am assuming this why you are back on 5.1.1

Your assumption is correct. XD

WiFi usage on the betas was somewhat acceptable; the biggest problem was EDGE/3G usage, which was terrible (even in standby, with all apps closed, my battery drained very quickly). And, unfortunately, I rely mostly on 3G since I have no wifi at my place of work or at my house ( the only place I really have access to WiFi is on campus). However, it seems that my cellular radios, no matter what iOS I'm on, use more power than they should.

Last edited: