When will iOS 6 be released?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am willing to bet that GM will be released to developers on the 12th and to the public a few days later. Keep in mind that developers need a few days to update their apps using the latest development kit available for the release version of iOS.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am willing to bet that GM will be released to developers on the 12th and to the public a few days later. Keep in mind that developers need a few days to update their apps using the latest development kit available for the release version of iOS.

agreed. .....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I gather that iOS 6 will be fully functional on an iPhone 4S?

Here's what MacRumors is saying about that:

ios6-feature-chart.png

Reactions: ctt1wbw

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It depends on whether there are any unknown features. If there are, the GM will not be made available before the announcement.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Remember that you don't have to be a developer to just go ahead and install the GM. The GM is the same as the official release. So if you could get your hands on it, you can just install it. Maybe avoid launch day downloading/server problems that happened with the release of iOS 5 last year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri is not being added to iPad 2.

I know and being that I have a Wi-Fi Only iPad 2, Siri is not an issue for me, however, to the people who own the 3G version, to not include Siri and especially FaceTime over 3G is, in my opinion, somewhat of a letdown.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Remember that you don't have to be a developer to just go ahead and install the GM. The GM is the same as the official release. So if you could get your hands on it, you can just install it. Maybe avoid launch day downloading/server problems that happened with the release of iOS 5 last year.

exactly. however, i loaded the final build after the GM anyways because i have OCD :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know and being that I have a Wi-Fi Only iPad 2, Siri is not an issue for me, however, to the people who own the 3G version, to not include Siri and especially FaceTime over 3G is, in my opinion, somewhat of a letdown.

I see where you're coming from... and whether or not there's a bona fide technical reason for not having Siri on the iPad2 (note: there is not IMO), it's how the industry works - to get the features, you have to have the latest device... it's all part of the planned obsolescence / throw-away model.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I didn't even realize until I saw that graph above that FaceTime would be allowed over data on iPad 2. Apple does this though at an attempt to get a few more to upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I see where you're coming from... and whether or not there's a bona fide technical reason for not having Siri on the iPad2 (note: there is not IMO), it's how the industry works - to get the features, you have to have the latest device... it's all part of the planned obsolescence / throw-away model.

Believe me, I understand, but, in my opinion, the iPad 2 deserves the latest upgrade in its entirety at least until 2013.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even realize until I saw that graph above that FaceTime would be allowed over data on iPad 2. Apple does this though at an attempt to get a few more to upgrade.

I know, but the phase out of the iPad 2 is too soon, in my opinion. Then again, with the arrival of the iPad mini, Apple will focus on it and the current flagship iPad in regard to sales, as you've stated. Yes, it makes food business sense and I know my response is personal and technical. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2