Beta 5 today?

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the GM came out a week or two last year AHEAD of the HW announcement, which was followed by the final public release.

So let's assume that Apple is going to announce the next iPhone...on September 12th as rumored.
3 weeks from the next beta/GM should be August 27th. That gives us about 2.5 weeks until HW announcement.

I could be wrong though.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the GM came out a week or two last year AHEAD of the HW announcement, which was followed by the final public release.

So let's assume that Apple is going to announce the next iPhone...on September 12th as rumored.
3 weeks from the next beta/GM should be August 27th. That gives us about 2.5 weeks until HW announcement.

I could be wrong though.

You're wrong.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There you go. I guess we'll see how it plays out this year. I think we'll get a GM build next. I don't see a need for a 5th beta...but I'm not Apple. I haven't had too many (if any) app crashes, no resprings and only a few things aren't working (like the app store link in passbook, the transit routing app selection in maps...) and some search results have not populated in Apple Maps. I have a feeling the GM will be the next build we see.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
At this point, I'm going to say beta 4 is the last one. Assuming the 12th is the announcement, I think the timeframe is a bit short for one more beta and then GM.

siddo_d

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing but since the 20th has passed my next prediction is the Goldmaster on 27th and the release on 19th....

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I give it a 50/50 shot. If it doesn't release today, I don't think we'll see another beta. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
There isn't much time for this, is there? I mean, iOS could be released to all as early as Sep. 12th.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Typically GM comes on iPhone event day. Then public release about a week later right before new iPhone ships. That could always change but that's just past history.

CoachGoko

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Fairly relaxed about it. iOS 6 has been pretty stable even from the early betas.

The GM will not be until the day of the announcement. That way they can keep the new iPhone treats a secret.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods