iOS 6 = Awesumeness

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It can be argued that Apple innovates in regard to hardware as well as making that hardware easy to use. At the same time, they are currently the world's most successful company selling the world's most successful smartphone and it doesn't make business sense to alter the operating system drastically and risk losing the customers who praise the "ease of use" of Apple's devices. Techy types, I *think*, are not Apple's target market and techy types are arguably the primary people pushing for changes in both design and in the operating system, in my opinion.

You are spot on with the bold highlight.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It can be argued that Apple innovates in regard to hardware as well as making that hardware easy to use. At the same time, they are currently the world's most successful company selling the world's most successful smartphone and it doesn't make business sense to alter the operating system drastically and risk losing the customers who praise the "ease of use" of Apple's devices. Techy types, I *think*, are not Apple's target market and techy types are arguably the primary people pushing for changes in both design and in the operating system, in my opinion.

agreed. in fact i do not think it is a very good idea for someone (non-techy) who is shopping around for an iPhone to visit places like this

opinions can be very biased, one way or another

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
agreed. in fact i do not think it is a very good idea for someone (non-techy) who is shopping around for an iPhone to visit places like this

Come to think of it, I think I agree, especially if the prospective buyer is not a techie. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't necessarily agree with this as I feel that it's ok for a person to get info from an Apple and Android forum as long as they understand the features of both OS and at least have some understanding of what their needs are. This way they'll get to see the good and bad points of both OS and hopefully be able to make an informed decision on their own as to which one will work best in their case.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I consider myself to be a "techie type", mainly cause I like to be able to customize my user experience. I have an Android phone and an iPad 3. The phone satisfies my techie side, but the iPad is, and this is my opinion, BORING to use. People have said that I should jailbreak my iPad, but why do I have to do something "illegal" to enjoy the benefits of being able to customize my iPad? iOS 6 is nowhere near as "awesome" as it could be.

Sent from somewhere

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I consider myself to be a "techie type", mainly cause I like to be able to customize my user experience. I have an Android phone and an iPad 3. The phone satisfies my techie side, but the iPad is, and this is my opinion, BORING to use. People have said that I should jailbreak my iPad, but why do I have to do something "illegal" to enjoy the benefits of being able to customize my iPad? iOS 6 is nowhere near as "awesome" as it could be.

Sent from somewhere

I understand, my friend. ;) and as for calling the iPad boring, if that is how you feel about it, so be it. I love my iPad and I use it quite a bit, but I don't use it nearly enough as I do my iPhone. Anyway, thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Reactions: Paradocks

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The whole point of my original post on this thread was not to compare Android to iOS. The point I was trying to make is that Apple is about ready to release the sixth version of iOS and it STILL looks awfully similar to the first version. It's all based on a grid of mostly static icons. I, for one, cannot comprehend why Apple continues to release basically the same thing over and over again. I thought Apple prided itself on innovation? Why are we still getting stale, stagnant, rehashed and visually uninspiring versions of iOS?

Sent from somewhere

Apparently, most people do not think like you do, the evidence: the iPhone still sells like no other smart phone and I am willing to bet you that the iPhone5 will break sales records, wanna bet?

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent from somewhere

I am a major techie, computer engineer and stuff, and used Android and then iOS, let me tell you, my old Android tablet is STRICTLY used by my 4 years old son! And even he, my son, would love to use my iPAD instead of his crappy Android tablet, I just don't let him!

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, most people do not think like you do, the evidence: the iPhone still sells like no other smart phone and I am willing to bet you that the iPhone5 will break sales records, wanna bet?

Well, duh. Of course the new iPhone will probably sell like mad. A good many people who mostly don't think for themselves (I call them lemmings) will buy it sight unseen simply because it has the Apple logo on it.

Sent from somewhere

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a major techie, computer engineer and stuff, and used Android and then iOS, let me tell you, my old Android tablet is STRICTLY used by my 4 years old son! And even he, my son, would love to use my iPAD instead of his crappy Android tablet, I just don't let him!

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Sent from somewhere

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand, my friend. ;) and as for calling the iPad boring, if that is how you feel about it, so be it. I love my iPad and I use it quite a bit, but I don't use it nearly enough as I do my iPhone. Anyway, thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of your evening.

I REALLY want to love my iPad. I really do. I just find that it collects dust sitting unused for days at a time. It was a 50th birthday gift from my brother who has an original iPad that he uses constantly. I hate knowing that he spent a ton of money on something that I rarely use. :(

Sent from somewhere

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY want to love my iPad. I really do. I just find that it collects dust sitting unused for days at a time. It was a 50th birthday gift from my brother who has an original iPad that he uses constantly. I hate knowing that he spent a ton of money on something that I rarely use. :(

Sent from somewhere

I understand, but to really enjoy it, you've got to find a use for it. Buying a bluetooth keyboard would help you not miss the ease in which you type on your smartphone, if applicable, and posting/replying in forums like this would be pleasant. I read a lot, especially political stuff, so the iPad is great for that and being that I'm a year younger than you, I can say that our ages eyes are better off with an iPad. ;). I like watching sports via the WatchESPN app as well as Netflix movies and shows via my iPad. I don't play a lot of games on it, but the ones I do play are pleasant via the iPad. Anyway, once you find a use for it, I think you'll enjoy it. Good luck, my friend.

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, duh. Of course the new iPhone will probably sell like mad. A good many people who mostly don't think for themselves (I call them lemmings) will buy it sight unseen simply because it has the Apple logo on it.

Sent from somewhere

That is what I keep hearing from Android fans, iPhone users buy iPhones because they are made by Apple. Do you know how many people I know that own an iPhone and do not even know who made it? Lol

You are talking about Apple fanboys, those are very few in numbers compared to the overall population. Lots of people actually buy products because they like them, like me for example!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Sent from somewhere

Other reasons too is the hardware is always great and well.... It just works. I've tried many BB's and a few Androids and always had OS issues. Android makes a OS for many hardware types which causes many issues. Apple makes a OS for their own hardware and that's it. iOS is just very reliable and what I feel comfortable using. It's just perfect or me. I will preorder the next iPhone without ever seeing it in person.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Other reasons too is the hardware is always great and well.... It just works. I've tried many BB's and a few Androids and always had OS issues. Android makes a OS for many hardware types which causes many issues. Apple makes a OS for their own hardware and that's it. iOS is just very reliable and what I feel comfortable using. It's just perfect or me. I will preorder the next iPhone without ever seeing it in person.

I agree with the points in your post, Garz. Although, for the first time I plan on waiting till after the new iPhone is released to decide whether this one is for me or not.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the points in your post, Garz. Although, for the first time I plan on waiting till after the new iPhone is released to decide whether this one is for me or not.

I've been dying for a 4" screen and LTE so anything else it may come with is just a plus. I would buy it even if it just came with those 2 but we know there will be other hardware improvements. Just don't know what yet.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

and what exactly is the problem with this? or is it that you have a problem with it..

is there anything that you actually like about Apple or iOS? you seem a little trolly

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
and what exactly is the problem with this? or is it that you have a problem with it..

is there anything that you actually like about Apple or iOS? you seem a little trolly

Not trolly at all. Just voicing my displeasure that Apple continues to release mediocre updates to iOS. Is it your belief that Apple can do no wrong, that Apple is above criticism of any kind? If no one questions the course that Apple is taking then Apple has no reason to innovate. Apple's new slogan should be "Mediocrity: It Just Works."

Sent from somewhere

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2