Turn off 4g in ios6? Think it's possible?

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Obviously we don't know for sure that lte will be present in the new iPhone but we all assume it is. Have any of you brilliant iOS people that have delved into the code and features seen a toggle of 3G/4g in the new iOS? Maybe it won't show until the gold master is presented or when released to public, but was just curious. Just a fear of current lte battery issues.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Obviously we don't know for sure that lte will be present in the new iPhone but we all assume it is. Have any of you brilliant iOS people that have delved into the code and features seen a toggle of 3G/4g in the new iOS? Maybe it won't show until the gold master is presented or when released to public, but was just curious. Just a fear of current lte battery issues.

Bear in mind though that with iOS 5, the 3G toggle on/off was removed, but appeared again with iOS 5.1. So it could be the same this year.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine it would be included, unless Apple puts a solar battery charger on the back to keep my phone from dying.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope there is a way to do it. Android offers it and since 4G LTE is not fully everywhere yet you don't want your phone searching for the LTE signal in a weak or non existent area there by killing the batter sooner.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hope there is a way to do it. Android offers it and since 4G LTE is not fully everywhere yet you don't want your phone searching for the LTE signal in a weak or non existent area there by killing the batter sooner.

I don't think this is available on AT&T's LTE Androids, but I could be wrong. Also, I don't remember being able to turn off LTE on Verizon's HTC Rezound until I downloaded something from the market place that gave me that option. That was almost a year ago, though, and Verizon may have had a SW update that enabled that feature now.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is available on AT&T's LTE Androids, but I could be wrong. Also, I don't remember being able to turn off LTE on Verizon's HTC Rezound until I downloaded something from the market place that gave me that option. That was almost a year ago, though, and Verizon may have had a SW update that enabled that feature now.

Actually the Rezound has always had the feature to turn off LTE. Under Network Settings/Network Mode there is a toggle to choose between LTE/CDMA or CDMA Only. What you downloaded from the market was probably a toggle widget that would allow you to change network mode from a home screen.

Sent from somewhere

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the app for the Rezound is actually a shortcut to the "secret" menu where you can pick from several options, and turning off 4g is one of them.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the app for the Rezound is actually a shortcut to the "secret" menu where you can pick from several options, and turning off 4g is one of them.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

This is what it was. Couldn't recall as I haven't used the Rezound in more than a few months now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711