iOS6 Beta 4 Music Quality

twosixer#IM

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing i really noticed in the new beta 4 is that the music quality isn't good at all through the music apps. The ipod on the phone sounds fine, but apps such as spotify, songza, pandora sound awful. Terrbile quality. Anyone else experience this?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
One of my apps, a local radio station, has enabled a feature that changes the quality of the stream depending on the connection.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Found out that there is actually an audio bug in beta 4 with third party music apps. That explains it

It's the same as b3 b2 b1 I went back to 5.1 to check. I just use the audio line. When u use the dock port that's where the issue lays.

Mine does it with the stock app also.

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it too. It seems to be limited to AAC+ streams, and it sounds like the problem is the SBR decoder not kicking in, so you lose the top half of the audio spectrum. I hope this doesn't make it into the final version, which I don't see why it wouldn't as the decoder itself isn't broken, like in Android. (AAC+ still works perfect through the first party iPod app.) With mobile data caps AAC+ is widely used to keep audio bit rates reasonable and still sound decent, and it's VERY prevalent so this needs to be fixed.

Spotify though? They're using their own Vorbis decoder. I'll have to sub for a month and see if it works OK. I'm not going to continue to pay for MOG while this is broken so its a perfect opportunity to see if spotify really does have problems.

EDIT:... And spotify is broken too. What the hell did apple break here? They're using their own decoding library and its still broken. Especially considering Melodies is working ok for me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711