iOS 6 in INDIA. What it means?

rana.avneet

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i have wondered many times that what does iOS 6 bring to people in India.
I mean the 3d maps feature will not in work in India for atleast next 2 yrs. the passbook app even if it comes with nfc is of no use in india. Siri doesnt understand Indian English accent.
so what NEW does it bring to people using iphones in india or countries like india?

Yes iphone 5 will bring new features. but that also we cant buy because apple launches iphone in india in the last. almost 6 months late.

bsbharath1987

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreaking may help. There are AssistantExtensions tweak that will have Siri find POIs in India. Siri recognises what I say about 70% of the time. I set it up as British English (Siri is a man). But, I agree, it can never match the excellent Google Maps in detail when it comes to mapping India. iPhone 5 may come with NFC, which may have limited use in movie theaters and the Metro, but I don't see any use of the Passbook app for previous iPhones.
I feel Apple will release the iPhone 5 within 2 months of international launch, much like the new iPad. These days there are people willing to buy a Rs 40,000 phone. Look at the success of Galaxy S3.

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Siri does understand my Indian accent pretty well. The problem is in understanding Indian names. So you can't really use it to send a message to someone or to call them. The new phone will be released quickly most probably.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711