YouTube App dissapears from iOS6b4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/232547688867061760

Google: license to include the YouTube app in iOS has ended, customers can use YouTube in Safari and Google is working on a new YouTube app

Mystery/misery solved. :D

Edit... more:

https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/232547755929792513

Apple has confirmed that YouTube is gone from iOS 6, after our post, use the web! Oh, and Google is making their own. War? YouTube app disappears from iOS 6 beta 4 as Apple breaks Google ties | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence ?

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I knew this would happen - Apple stripping everything Google (since they own youtube) from within native iOS

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This may be part of Apple's ongoing battle to divorce itself from as much Google as possible. First Google Maps... now YouTube.

I personally think that it will be available shortly in the App store along with the other Google apps for iOS... just won't be bundled on the phone with the iOS any longer...

Tornedo500

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, Google will release the YouTube app and it should be available via the app store.
What I'm concerned about is that, will the lack of Google maps (Apple maps instead) and native YouTube app hinder iOS 5 users from upgrading to iOS 6?

stevece80

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
How to get YouTube back in iOS6 beta 4:

Go to youtube.com
Add to home screen, adjust as necessary
Press YouTube logo to launch mobile page
Navigate YouTube

Voila.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Soon you wont be able to use Google! Better switch to Bing!

There's no reason to upgrade now. They've taken away too much.

I'm just going to stay on iOS5. There's nothing wrong with it. And actually, you could probably jailbreak your new iPhone and put iOS 5 on it.

IOS5 will be to iOS6 what Windows 7 is to Windows 8. Better. The funny thing is watching all of this, it has made me respect Google. They really know how to spook Apple, and they really are catching up.

But then that makes me think about why they get into all of these lawsuits anyway. They virtually sat back and let it happen. Why are they so scared now? I mean, Google went from nothing in the mobile sector to practically #1. Apple has no right to complain.

They had plenty of time to stop it.

Last edited:

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
will miss the app a little bit because i only used it to listen to music absolutely nothing else and it did its job well although it could not run in the back ground which i always had a gripe with

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Soon you wont be able to use Google! Better switch to Bing!

There's no reason to upgrade now. They've taken away too much.

I'm just going to stay on iOS5. There's nothing wrong with it. And actually, you could probably jailbreak your new iPhone and put iOS 5 on it.

IOS5 will be to iOS6 what Windows 7 is to Windows 8. Better. The funny thing is watching all of this, it has made me respect Google. They really know how to spook Apple, and they really are catching up.

But then that makes me think about why they get into all of these lawsuits anyway. They virtually sat back and let it happen. Why are they so scared now? I mean, Google went from nothing in the mobile sector to practically #1. Apple has no right to complain.

Still crying about it huh?

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, Google is a big player. But didn't they just buy up a bunch of companies and whatnot to put them selves in that "#1" spot?

Personally, I don't care that the YouTube app is no longer integrated with iOS: I quit using it a while ago once I found out that I could watch HQ videos through the Safari mobile site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711