Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
One thing no one mentioned to the troll-who-shall-not-be-named is that the issue with the YouTube app being pulled from iOS 6 is that it's a licensing issue - the license is not being renewed... so Apple has no choice... so while s/he is railing against Apple for this, as usual, s/he doesn't know what s/he's talking about.

YouTube app removed from iOS 6 but not iOS 5 and older; Google working on a standalone version -- Engadget

I do believe that this is a reason why it happened, but I wonder what would've been had Google and Apple not despised each other. I am willing to bet the licensing would've been extended.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
One thing no one mentioned to the troll-who-shall-not-be-named is that the issue with the YouTube app being pulled from iOS 6 is that it's a licensing issue - the license is not being renewed... so Apple has no choice... so while s/he is railing against Apple for this, as usual, s/he doesn't know what s/he's talking about.

YouTube app removed from iOS 6 but not iOS 5 and older; Google working on a standalone version -- Engadget

I made note of this licensing situation on Page 1 of the thread, post #9. Yet the troll who shan't be named missed it there, so I highly doubt they will get it here either. <roll eyes>

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not the troll here, it is Apple who is the troll. They have trolled us all.

No, you're the troll. Apple finished with their licensing agreement with Google for the YouTube app and letting them develop and put it on the app store on their own....as Google has stated on record. As for the maps, Apple acquired a mapping company a couple of years ago and it is not logical to believe that they weren't going to implement their own solution. Of course this is fact and since you live in fantasy land where you can't believe some people have the nerve or how you wonder about humanity, all logic will fail you. Again...

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You tube app will be on iTunes

The app have been removed by Apple as their license agreement expires for iOS 6. But Google is developing an app for iTunes store, we can still have the app over iOS 6 devices.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have found the web version to be more functional than than the native app which hasn't changed much since it was introduced. With full screen mode enabled and the phone held in landscape mode the experience is much better IMO. I like the fact that I don't have to rotate back to portrait mode between videos. And the sharing options work fantastic. There really is no need for a native app for iOS. The only bug I found is that AirPlay isn't working when trying to steam a video to my Apple TV. However again this is beta software so I am sure that will be resolved when the software goes GM.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think they should take out the Weather app next. There is no need for it. Their partnership with Yahoo is over and the app hasn't changed in forever.

They really should not have that app either if you want to be fair. And should also not be allowed access to google if you want to be fair. If you want to search google, you should get a google phone.

It's only fair.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's a stock weather app?? I hardly notice it's there because I have a 3rd party app that meet my needs where the stock app doesn't. O M G!!!!

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There's a stock weather app?? I hardly notice it's there because I have a 3rd party app that meet my needs where the stock app doesn't. O M G!!!!

Why do you even have an iPhone if you don't use any of it's stock apps? That's so ironic of you.

The next thing they should get rid of is stocks as well, they don't get their own information. People said the used to use that app but I guess things have changed are you still using Newstand or did you find at third party for that too now?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why do you even have an iPhone if you don't use any of it's stock apps? That's so ironic of you.

Egad what a leap. Jumping to conclusions must be a vital part of your exercise regime. To say I don't use any of the stock apps because I publicly state not using ONE is simply ridiculous. And patently false. And absurd. And so 'motoleo'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2