YouTube App dissapears from iOS6b4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but if you watch a YouTube video in Safari that's ALL you're doing, you can't do anything else.

You guys are using your phones in a more old fashioned way than I thought.

I mean, even of they take away something like the iPod, you'll just say you never use it. On which case I wonder what you DO use on the phone....?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The YouTube app is not needed. You can get to it the browser or you can install the YouTube app as soon as Google releases it. It is no different than Safari, if you don't want to use that you can install Chrome, or anyone of the 1000 other browsers available.

If you feel that not having YouTube is a deal breaker then, switch to an Android device... That will still have a YouTube app :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but if you watch a YouTube video in Safari that's ALL you're doing, you can't do anything else.

I mean, even of they take away something like the iPod, you'll just say you never use it. On which case I wonder what you DO use on the phone....?

Phone calls, text, email, rdp, Citrix, as400 connectivity, stream the radio, take notes, take pictures, take videos, play a small amount of games, Internet, Facebook, twitter, track my cycling distance, google voice, alarm clock, manage airport routers, order from Pizza Hut, deposit checks.....you know...basically nothing.

However if I'm watching a video on YouTube, why would I do anything else? I'm watching a video, not pressing play and walking away. If a text or email comes though, I wait until the video is over.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Phone calls, text, email, rdp, Citrix, as400 connectivity, stream the radio, take notes, take pictures, take videos, play a small amount of games, Internet, Facebook, twitter, track my cycling distance, google voice, alarm clock, manage airport routers, order from Pizza Hut, deposit checks.....you know...basically nothing.

However if I'm watching a video on YouTube, why would I do anything else? I'm watching a video, not pressing play and walking away. If a text or email comes though, I wait until the video is over.

What's with all the real-life experience, fact, and common sense? It's all unnecessary - and it wont register with moto anyway.... :eek: :)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
^ You're ignorant.

We've been multitasking for years. Why can't I watch the news and look over my eBank statements at the same time? It's not hard to do you know. I'm doing it even today.

What about when you want to upload a video to YouTube? How are you supposed to do that? Never have I seen such a conglomeration of people join together to deny the obvious.

The YouTube app is not needed. You can get to it the browser or you can install the YouTube app as soon as Google releases it. It is no different than Safari, if you don't want to use that you can install Chrome, or anyone of the 1000 other browsers available.

If you feel that not having YouTube is a deal breaker then, switch to an Android device... That will still have a YouTube app :)

How do you upload to YouTube then? I have a social network on that site, and I like to keep up with my friends videos. Taking one of the main features away from the phone, after it's been there since it's inception is not okay. There's a very real possibility that you will not be able to search Google in your iPhone. What will you say then? You don't need Google or never used it?

I don't want to download third party applications. They don't have the fitness and professionalism and they generally don't work as well. Even the a chrome browser is not integrated into the OS which makes it more difficult to use.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Pot, meet Kettle. Proof of concept:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't. Third party applications are not as good. They're like the small businesses in the big economy. You try and try, but you can't support em.

In some cases they're much much better. For some people, the first thing they go and do when they get a new iPhone is to open it out of the box, delete ALL the stock applications and put their own applications on it. Which is fine. I think a lot more people will be doing that. They'll have to. Case in point, YouTube. Maps. And the list just keeps on a rollin'.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't. Third party applications are not as good. They're like the small businesses in the big economy. You try and try, but you can't support em.

In some cases they're much much better. For some people, the first thing they go and do when they get a new iPhone is to open it out of the box, delete ALL the stock applications and put their own applications on it. Which is fine. I think a lot more people will be doing that. They'll have to. Case in point, YouTube. Maps. And the list just keeps on a rollin'.

3rd party apps exist because they provide the ability to meet a user's needs that the iOS and native apps don't provide at all, or the 3rd party apps simply do it better. Sorry that eludes you :confused:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How do you upload to YouTube then? I have a social network on that site, and I like to keep up with my friends videos. Taking one of the main features away from the phone, after it's been there since it's inception is not okay. There's a very real possibility that you will not be able to search Google in your iPhone. What will you say then? You don't need Google or never used it?

Um.... uploading to a site has nothing to do with an app. I just uploaded a video to YouTube on my iOS6 phone. Not sure where you are going with this one...

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have tried the web version. Once you watch a video, you're stuck watching that video, you can't do anything else while you're watching the video. In Safari, that is.

You don't have a YouTube app to upload your photos to. In iOS6, can you take a video, and send to YouTube, is that what you're saying?

Even still, you can't go and delete videos, but honestly, yes, something needed to happened about YouTube and iOS. I don't like the fact that Google and Apple aren't getting along.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
1. In iOS6, can you take a video, and send to YouTube, is that what you're saying?

2. Even still, you can't go and delete videos

1. What do you think our answers meant? Of course it works. Duh.

2. I logged into my account using the website, went to my videos, tapped edit, an X popped up next to and I hit delete. Guess what happened? It was deleted. Imagine my shock.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
1. What do you think our answers meant? Of course it works. Duh.

2. I logged into my account using the website, went to my videos, tapped edit, an X popped up next to and I hit delete. Guess what happened? It was deleted. Imagine my shock.

Aw geeez... there you go again with those pesky facts.... Can't keep letting those get in the way of moto's grand delusions :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Dude, do you speak English? IT'S GONE. Get over it. Or wait for the Google app to appear in the app store.

Now, maybe you can concentrate on riding your cross-town bus without being distracted by YouTube videos... since, after all, Apple screwed you out of Google Maps with that function... see? It all balances out. The circle of life continues...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice