If backing up a step from earlier things you said in order to avoid admitting that you don't know what you're saying counts for being the only honest iPhone user out there... I don't even want to try and trace all the s*** you said about iOS6, but I'm pretty sure I've read your complaints on pretty much everything.
    What are you talking about? The only thing I don't like can be accounted for on one hand! Siri, Newstand, and the anti-Google propaganda. 3 things! That's it. Everything else I like.

So no, don't go overboard with it. Don't make me look like the bad guy. Don't get egregious. Don't try to make a scene. It's not even that serious.
    Last edited by motoleo; 08-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    08-11-2012 09:07 AM
    Alright, children. The deed is done. If I have to get out of my sick bed again for this kind of nonsense, someone is gonna get a spanking - and not in the good way.

You will all carry on as though youknowwho was never here. You won't start threads about him, you won't refer to him, you won't respond to any of his posts. He's gone.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-11-2012 10:52 AM
    I like motoleo was upset (but not surprised I guess) to find the app gone. I used it frequently and generally hold the belief that when upgrading an OS no existing functionality should go. Either add new things or refine/redesign old features but don't remove something(unless its clearly way obsolete and I don't think YouTube or native YouTube apps are anywhere near obsolete), that feels like a step backwards...

Before I get flamed I love ios 6 and enjoy many of the new features and refinements. Maps is gone but a new (potentially better, lets wait and see) app is present.

Although the licence has expired, I feel that's a convenient excuse. Apple could of relicenced it if they really wanted to.

As some here suggested I have added a bookmark to my home screen. It's a good workaround and although there are a few additional sharing options and HQ over 3G IMHO it lacks the polish, finesse, and general cosmetic 'fit' with the rest of the OS.

It isn't a deal breaker for me. The new things in Ios6 far outweigh this negative and I will still update to it and will advise others to aswell

It will be interesting to see what the Google app looks like when it finally materialises.

Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    08-11-2012 12:37 PM
    ...the app gone. I used it frequently and generally hold the belief that when upgrading an OS no existing functionality should go. Either add new things or refine/redesign old features but don't remove something(unless its clearly way obsolete and I don't think YouTube or native YouTube apps are anywhere near obsolete), that feels like a step backwards...

Before I get flamed I love ios 6 and enjoy many of the new features and refinements. Maps is gone but a new (potentially better, lets wait and see) app is present.

Although the licence has expired, I feel that's a convenient excuse. Apple could of relicenced it if they really wanted to.

As some here suggested I have added a bookmark to my home screen. It's a good workaround and although there are a few additional sharing options and HQ over 3G IMHO it lacks the polish, finesse, and general cosmetic 'fit' with the rest of the OS.

It isn't a deal breaker for me. The new things in Ios6 far outweigh this negative and I will still update to it and will advise others to aswell

It will be interesting to see what the Google app looks like when it finally materialises.

Just my 2cents
    Whether or not Apple was willing to renew the licence is moot at this point. Since it was a licensing AGREEMENT between two parties, both parties would have to agree to re-up. We may never know the gory details (thankfully), but we do know that the license was not renewed. That's not a "convenient excuse", but rather a matter of settled law.

Good, bad or indifferent, the YouTube app has been removed from iOS 6... apparently it's a fait accompli, so time to move on. There are other, IMHO better, ways of watching YouTube videos on an iOS device than the YouTube app,

Not sure what else needs to be said here.
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-11-2012 01:20 PM
    I like motoleo was upset (but not surprised I guess) to find the app gone. I used it frequently and generally hold the belief that when upgrading an OS no existing functionality should go. Either add new things or refine/redesign old features but don't remove something(unless its clearly way obsolete and I don't think YouTube or native YouTube apps are anywhere near obsolete), that feels like a step backwards...

Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Just want to chime in to say that this comment is a great example of what motoleo could never dorational and reasonable discussion about why the app might be missed. I may not agree, but I was glad to read your opinion. Well done.
    DomFeeney likes this.
    08-11-2012 01:57 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD