Phone calls, text, email, rdp, Citrix, as400 connectivity, stream the radio, take notes, take pictures, take videos, play a small amount of games, Internet, Facebook, twitter, track my cycling distance, google voice, alarm clock, manage airport routers, order from Pizza Hut, deposit checks.....you know...basically nothing.

However if I'm watching a video on YouTube, why would I do anything else? I'm watching a video, not pressing play and walking away. If a text or email comes though, I wait until the video is over.
    What's with all the real-life experience, fact, and common sense? It's all unnecessary - and it wont register with moto anyway....
    08-07-2012 08:34 AM
    ^ You're ignorant.

However if I'm watching a video on YouTube, why would I do anything else? I'm watching a video, not pressing play and walking away. If a text or email comes though, I wait until the video is over.
    We've been multitasking for years. Why can't I watch the news and look over my eBank statements at the same time? It's not hard to do you know. I'm doing it even today.

What about when you want to upload a video to YouTube? How are you supposed to do that? Never have I seen such a conglomeration of people join together to deny the obvious.

The YouTube app is not needed. You can get to it the browser or you can install the YouTube app as soon as Google releases it. It is no different than Safari, if you don't want to use that you can install Chrome, or anyone of the 1000 other browsers available.

If you feel that not having YouTube is a deal breaker then, switch to an Android device... That will still have a YouTube app
    How do you upload to YouTube then? I have a social network on that site, and I like to keep up with my friends videos. Taking one of the main features away from the phone, after it's been there since it's inception is not okay. There's a very real possibility that you will not be able to search Google in your iPhone. What will you say then? You don't need Google or never used it?

I don't want to download third party applications. They don't have the fitness and professionalism and they generally don't work as well. Even the a chrome browser is not integrated into the OS which makes it more difficult to use.
    08-07-2012 08:34 AM
    ^ You're ignorant.
    Pot, meet Kettle. Proof of concept:

I don't want to download third party applications. They don't have the fitness and professionalism and they generally don't work as well. Even the a chrome browser is not integrated into the OS which makes it more difficult to use.
    Last edited by kch50428; 08-07-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    08-07-2012 08:39 AM
    Pot, meet Kettle. Proof of concept:

I don't. Third party applications are not as good. They're like the small businesses in the big economy. You try and try, but you can't support em.

In some cases they're much much better. For some people, the first thing they go and do when they get a new iPhone is to open it out of the box, delete ALL the stock applications and put their own applications on it. Which is fine. I think a lot more people will be doing that. They'll have to. Case in point, YouTube. Maps. And the list just keeps on a rollin'.
    Last edited by motoleo; 08-07-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    08-07-2012 08:50 AM
    I don't. Third party applications are not as good. They're like the small businesses in the big economy. You try and try, but you can't support em.

In some cases they're much much better. For some people, the first thing they go and do when they get a new iPhone is to open it out of the box, delete ALL the stock applications and put their own applications on it. Which is fine. I think a lot more people will be doing that. They'll have to. Case in point, YouTube. Maps. And the list just keeps on a rollin'.
    3rd party apps exist because they provide the ability to meet a user's needs that the iOS and native apps don't provide at all, or the 3rd party apps simply do it better. Sorry that eludes you
    08-07-2012 08:57 AM
    What about when you want to upload a video to YouTube? How are you supposed to do that?
    The same way you always have. It hasn't gone away. Duh. But then again, this is fact we're talking about and it won't register with you.
    08-07-2012 09:18 AM
    How do you upload to YouTube then? I have a social network on that site, and I like to keep up with my friends videos. Taking one of the main features away from the phone, after it's been there since it's inception is not okay. There's a very real possibility that you will not be able to search Google in your iPhone. What will you say then? You don't need Google or never used it?

Um.... uploading to a site has nothing to do with an app. I just uploaded a video to YouTube on my iOS6 phone. Not sure where you are going with this one...
    08-07-2012 09:20 AM
    Eh. No biggie. I never use the native app. I've been using ProTube. Much better than the Apple version.
    08-07-2012 09:27 AM
    Yes, but if you watch a YouTube video in Safari that's ALL you're doing, you can't do anything else.
    have you even tried the web version?

they really should let you out of your psych ward every once in while
    08-07-2012 09:31 AM
    Yes, I have tried the web version. Once you watch a video, you're stuck watching that video, you can't do anything else while you're watching the video. In Safari, that is.

You don't have a YouTube app to upload your photos to. In iOS6, can you take a video, and send to YouTube, is that what you're saying?

Even still, you can't go and delete videos, but honestly, yes, something needed to happened about YouTube and iOS. I don't like the fact that Google and Apple aren't getting along.
    Last edited by motoleo; 08-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    08-07-2012 09:49 AM
    ProTub.

10char
    08-07-2012 09:58 AM

1. In iOS6, can you take a video, and send to YouTube, is that what you're saying?

2. Even still, you can't go and delete videos
    1. What do you think our answers meant? Of course it works. Duh.

2. I logged into my account using the website, went to my videos, tapped edit, an X popped up next to and I hit delete. Guess what happened? It was deleted. Imagine my shock.
    08-07-2012 10:04 AM
    1. What do you think our answers meant? Of course it works. Duh.

2. I logged into my account using the website, went to my videos, tapped edit, an X popped up next to and I hit delete. Guess what happened? It was deleted. Imagine my shock.
    Aw geeez... there you go again with those pesky facts.... Can't keep letting those get in the way of moto's grand delusions
    08-07-2012 10:06 AM
    Why not start a classaction suit against Apple to get back the money you pay for the you tube app. Lol.
    08-07-2012 12:00 PM
    Yes, but if you watch a YouTube video in Safari that's ALL you're doing, you can't do anything else.

You guys are using your phones in a more old fashioned way than I thought.

I mean, even of they take away something like the iPod, you'll just say you never use it. On which case I wonder what you DO use on the phone....?
    Dude, do you speak English? IT'S GONE. Get over it. Or wait for the Google app to appear in the app store.

Now, maybe you can concentrate on riding your cross-town bus without being distracted by YouTube videos... since, after all, Apple screwed you out of Google Maps with that function... see? It all balances out. The circle of life continues...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    BLiNK and bamf-hacker like this.
    08-07-2012 12:10 PM
    Yup. High quality video option over 3G. The app never gave that. Unless you were jailbroken and used
    3G unrestrictor.
    But the quality of the videos compared to the built in app on wifi is not upto par.
    08-07-2012 02:04 PM
    But the quality of the videos compared to the built in app on wifi is not upto par.
    I disagree. I think it's the same. I tap on HQ on the website and it is very detailed.
    08-07-2012 02:26 PM
    Nope. HQ on HTML5 is superb.
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-07-2012 02:48 PM
    One thing no one mentioned to the troll-who-shall-not-be-named is that the issue with the YouTube app being pulled from iOS 6 is that it's a licensing issue - the license is not being renewed... so Apple has no choice... so while s/he is railing against Apple for this, as usual, s/he doesn't know what s/he's talking about.

YouTube app removed from iOS 6 but not iOS 5 and older; Google working on a standalone version -- Engadget
    08-07-2012 03:19 PM
    One thing no one mentioned to the troll-who-shall-not-be-named is that the issue with the YouTube app being pulled from iOS 6 is that it's a licensing issue - the license is not being renewed... so Apple has no choice... so while s/he is railing against Apple for this, as usual, s/he doesn't know what s/he's talking about.

YouTube app removed from iOS 6 but not iOS 5 and older; Google working on a standalone version -- Engadget
    I do believe that this is a reason why it happened, but I wonder what would've been had Google and Apple not despised each other. I am willing to bet the licensing would've been extended.
    08-07-2012 03:22 PM

I made note of this licensing situation on Page 1 of the thread, post #9. Yet the troll who shan't be named missed it there, so I highly doubt they will get it here either. <roll eyes>
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-07-2012 03:29 PM
    I'm not the troll here, it is Apple who is the troll. They have trolled us all.
    08-07-2012 04:03 PM
    tcook@apple.com
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-07-2012 04:10 PM
    No, you're the troll. Apple finished with their licensing agreement with Google for the YouTube app and letting them develop and put it on the app store on their own....as Google has stated on record. As for the maps, Apple acquired a mapping company a couple of years ago and it is not logical to believe that they weren't going to implement their own solution. Of course this is fact and since you live in fantasy land where you can't believe some people have the nerve or how you wonder about humanity, all logic will fail you. Again...
    08-07-2012 04:44 PM
    Dumbest crap I've ever heard. Not even sure why you still use iPhone. All you do is come here to gripe about everything.
    BLiNK and Fausty82 like this.
    08-07-2012 04:51 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD