Siri not working in Beta 3

jhrogersii

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Feel free to jump on me for my poor memory on Apple not doing .1 betas. I've run the majority of them since iOS 4, but I forgot that detail. Feel better now?

Also, I realize that this isn't for everyday use, and accepted the risks when I installed it. I was just looking for other users experiencing the same thing, not judgement. Anyway, I have my reasons. I am a writer elsewhere, and always want to keep up with what's coming next. Legitimately, of course. iOS6 is such a minor update that I had very few issues with betas 1 or 2. Normally, I haven't put betas on my iPhone, but it ran so well on my iPad, that I decided to try it out to get a look at Maps. My iPad is a WiFi model, so no GPS there.

As for troubleshooting, I have turned Siri on and off a few times, and reset the network settings. The network reset got Personal Hotspot working again, which I was also having issues with in beta 3. I may try the restore before long, because I use Siri a lot in the car. I've just been putting it off because I am busy with work and it takes forever.

So, just because every user on the board doesn't have this issue doesn't mean there isn't a bug in the latest beta. If you search Google, there are other reports out there. Now, for the naysayers, there shouldn't be any widespread reports of anything in iOS 6, because if you are running the beta, you are technically under NDA. I've kept my posting here brief, and disclosed very little, just in the attempt to swap info with other beta users having the same problem.

Thanks a lot for the benefit of the doubt.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Topic diversion...

My iPad is a WiFi model, so no GPS there.

That can be dealt with.

BadElf - a GPS receiver that plugs into the iPad 30 pin port - gives you a fully functional stand alone Personal Navigation Device.

Garmin GLO - a bluetooth GPS receiver that will work with iDevices and uses not only US-GPS satellites, it also uses Russian GLONASS.

Back to the topic.... :D

jhrogersii

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Those actually sound like pretty handy devices. How much are they, though? I can upgrade to an LTE iPad for $130. Are either less than that? If not, then it isn't much of a value. Still good to know, though.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone

And just like that it is working again?!

Weird. I'm guessing it must have been something server side. Weird that it manifested itself on some phones and not others.

Oh well. Glad it's fixed

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Ugh. Mine is still not working. Tried resetting and turning siri on and off. Nothing seems to work for me.

I was in this position when I started the thread. I'd just updated to beta 3 and so thought there might be an issue with the latest beta. A few others on the forums had the same issue but not everybody.

Totally out of the blue and about 3 days later it began to work again. It's been fine ever since.

If I were you I'd leave it for a couple of days then give it a whirl. I think Apple probably have a few different Siri servers in different locations and they are updating or maintaining them one by one

I reackon it'll come back up for you soon

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2