Siri not working in Beta 3

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys

Don't seem to have Siri in beta 3. It activates you say a command but then the purple circle just spins for ages the command doesn't register and Siri then says sorry I'm not available at the moment please try later.

Anyone else got this???

Thanks

Dom

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i read some tweets last night that mentioned Siri being down at that time

i would check too but i do not use it and i'd like to keep it that way

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
So my Siri is still not working it's been down for a couple of days now. Judging by this thread this seems to be a widespread beta 3 issue. My missis is on regular iOS 5 and her Siri works without issue... So frustrating. I use it all the time grrrr

I hope it's not like this all the way until beta 4

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So 6 people having issues means it's widespread? I just used it right now with no issue. I also asked a co-worker using iOS 5 and it failed her once out of three tries. Clearly it's a Siri issue, not a beta 3 issue.

jhrogersii

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
It certainly looks like an iOS 6 Beta 3 issue, but it doesn't affect all devices. Case in point, my iPhone has the same spinning circle with no results, and has been that way for days now. My iPad, which is also running beta 3, works just fine. So, whatever it is, it's a bit random. Hopefully Apple will fix it and turn around a quick beta 3.1 update.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
So 6 people having issues means it's widespread? I just used it right now with no issue. I also asked a co-worker using iOS 5 and it failed her once out of three tries. Clearly it's a Siri issue, not a beta 3 issue.

I think 6 in the forums (so far) constitutes a fairly widespread issue. We often get people posting that certain apps don't work and crash on launch but then other commenters all say "well ours is fine" so generally that's isolated incident in my book.

I wonder of the issue is location based as in working in the states but not in the UK?

I'm tempted to try turning siri off and on again to see if that works but I'm worried Siri will lose all the data it's collected over then time I've used it. Its accuracy improved loads with time. I'm loathed to go back to square one again.

Perhaps best to wait for beta 4 what do you guys think? Has anyone tried the above? Did it work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It certainly looks like an iOS 6 Beta 3 issue, but it doesn't affect all devices. Case in point, my iPhone has the same spinning circle with no results, and has been that way for days now. My iPad, which is also running beta 3, works just fine. So, whatever it is, it's a bit random. Hopefully Apple will fix it and turn around a quick beta 3.1 update.

Apple doesn't do .1 beta updates. If your worried about quick updates, stay off the beta. In all reality, it's not meant for everyday use. It's a beta and expect bugs.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Apple doesn't do .1 beta updates. If your worried about quick updates, stay off the beta. In all reality, it's not meant for everyday use. It's a beta and expect bugs.

exactly. in fact i obviously am not a developer but i like to dabble.. i try out each new beta and then go back to the current firmware

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
exactly. in fact i obviously am not a developer but i like to dabble.. i try out each new beta and then go back to the current firmware

I am still on beta 3 and won't be downgrading. Luckily, Siri has been working on 4S and new iPad without huccups.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still using Beta 3 no real deal stoppers for me on 3... would like to see a 4 before live, but who knows. Siri is fine for me, if not I would have to roll back to 5.1 as not a spare phone, but I understand 100% of the risks.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think 6 in the forums (so far) constitutes a fairly widespread issue.

No. Why? Because this site is small compared to the apple developer forums. There aren't many mentions of Siri having issues on the site. So no, it's not widespread based upon my observations on the dev sites.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Listened to Rush today... he's an Apple fanatic, running the betas on all his toys... one of his iPhones has had issues with Siri/dictation... caller told him to try turning off Siri in settings and rebooting the phone and turn Siri on again... failing that - resetting network settings... last resort: reinstall the beta iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro