Beta 3 bugs and feedback

gbradberry

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Group Messaging

Since Beta 3, I am having problems with Group Messaging. I have verified it is turned on.

When all users are on iMessage, the message will send to iMessage, but I receive no delivery confirmation but the message is delivered to all recipients.

When one or more recipients are not on iMessage, sending the message hangs at about the 90% mark and eventually errors out.

Anyone else experience this?

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
^ I fixed that by resetting all settings.

Also, sometimes my connection is spotty indoors. It wasn't like this on 5.1.1 or the previous beta builds...maybe something with the new baseband?
It is just a beta... :p

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Found I am having issues sending and receiving MMS to non iPhone devices... text goes fine, but even small photos won't send or receive.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if Passbook is supposed to be actually working right now, or is it not? Anyone can say anything to that?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here Craig. I've sent my baseband logs to apple for review.

Thanks, appreciate it... I am not doing much with Apple Development right now since busy with other projects and they took up a ton of time during battery testing with iOS 5 Hoping for an answer soon.

gbradberry

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Since Beta 3, I am having problems with Group Messaging. I have verified it is turned on.

When all users are on iMessage, the message will send to iMessage, but I receive no delivery confirmation but the message is delivered to all recipients.

When one or more recipients are not on iMessage, sending the message hangs at about the 90% mark and eventually errors out.

Anyone else experience this?

After resetting all network settings, I received about 50 texts and a dozen voicemail. So, this seems to have resolved this issue for the moment.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is, if you go to passsource.com on your ios device you can generate sample passes to see how Passbook works.

Sent from my iPhone 4S. iOS 6

That is not "actually working" that is a test to see how it works or sample of working. It exact form on the phone as it, it does not currently work.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Siri's Raise to Speak Proximity Sensor bug

Hi folks, remember the proximity sensor (always on bug) I reported here in iOS 6 Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread? It continues to happen in beta 3, I reported to Apple and the answer I got from them is that it behaves how it's intended to do :confused:

Thing is, when you turn Raise To Speak feature off, and use your webcam (no IR filter) to verify if it turned infrared proximity sensor off, results that it didn't. Since iOS 5 this bug has been present, power cycling, or doing a soft reset solves this issue but this solution does not apply in iOS 6. Don't have an idea on how hard it is on battery draining, but it makes no sense that this sensor stays on forever even when you turn this feature off. Unless it has to do with constantly display brightness adjust feature that we have noticed came with iOS 6 version. Doing some test of this feature (some of you commented about a brightness bug in earlier posts) I noticed that ambient light variations make that display brightness adjust accordingly to brighter or darker ambiences. Previous to iOS 6, the sensor samples the ambient light, and adjusts the brightness; it does this only once--each time you unlock the phone after waking it. Now in iOS 6 you can easily watch how brightness slider adjusts itself when display senses light variations. If you open Passbook app it raises brightness to full (it is supposed to act this way for easy reading of barcodes) but getting out of Passbook app makes that brightness readjusts itself responding to actual ambient light intensity (this adjusting task occurs slowly until brightness slider stops to right level).

I've checked and ambient light sensor and proximity sensor are separate and work differently but if Apple says that an always on proximity sensor in this iOS version is behaving how it is intended to do; all that I could think of is that it has to do with ambient light "sensing"??

Thoughts are welcome buddies

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking we would never see the final product of Passbook until the introduction of the Iphone 5...when NFC will hit :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly enough, on my 3rd gen iPad...when I finish watching a movie, it says "This product is not available in your region"..that sort of message.

mjk5025

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That is not "actually working" that is a test to see how it works or sample of working. It exact form on the phone as it, it does not currently work.
I think its more likely that this is exactly how it will work- the app itself won't have any functionality until apps or other sources put "passes" in it.

gbradberry

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Home Sharing

Every time I try to watch a video on my new iPad (3) via Home Sharing, the Video App crashes and closes at various points in loading the shared library. It never gets to the point of displaying the library contents. Beta 3. I've reset network settings.

Anyone else?