Beta 3 bugs and feedback

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My text stopped working today, no one getting them and I am not receiving them from iPhones or non-iPhones.

Hard Reboot = No Help
Reset Network Settings = No Help
iMessage turned off - back on = No Help

Anyone else?

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
My text stopped working today, no one getting them and I am not receiving them from iPhones or non-iPhones.

Hard Reboot = No Help

Anyone else?

Funny I had this same exact problem happen to me on Friday. At first I thought awe it's a big my phone is messed up. Then I called in and me and the tech were like ok it's the SIM card. Got to the mall all of a sudden my phone started working go figure. Well still got a new SIM everything was all good. Got back home messed up again. Found out it was a concert down the street and had the whole network bogged down.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Hard Reboot = No Help

Anyone else?

That has nothing to do with the OS. Definitely a carrier issue you're experiencing.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about saving to camera roll? If so, mine saves fine.

pics save to the camer roll just fine. but i have photo stream turned on and usually in 5.1.1 it saves a duplicate pic to the photo stream as well as the camera roll. if i take a pic with the phone, it wont save to the stream, but will to the roll. screen shots or downloaded pics will. so i cant figure out why.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
pics save to the camer roll just fine. but i have photo stream turned on and usually in 5.1.1 it saves a duplicate pic to the photo stream as well as the camera roll. if i take a pic with the phone, it wont save to the stream, but will to the roll. screen shots or downloaded pics will. so i cant figure out why.

Mine is saving fine to photo stream for both iPhone and iPad. Not sure why it's not saving for you.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is saving fine to photo stream for both iPhone and iPad. Not sure why it's not saving for you.

other than in the icloud settings, photo stream "on", is there another setting im missing?

ok weird, now its working. just took a pic and it saved in photo stream. but i took a pic yesterday during dinner and it didnt. will it only save to photo stream/icloud if its on wifi? because im on wifi now and wasnt at dinner.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
other than in the icloud settings, photo stream "on", is there another setting im missing?

ok weird, now its working. just took a pic and it saved in photo stream. but i took a pic yesterday during dinner and it didnt. will it only save to photo stream/icloud if its on wifi? because im on wifi now and wasnt at dinner.

Yes wifi must be on

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
well, it didnt. hmmmm. anyone wanna turn their wifi off, take a pic and then maybe 20 mins later, put wifi on and see if it loads?

I just did and waited 15 mins and it uploaded to photo stream on both iPhone and iPad. Try maybe a hard reboot, reset settings, reset network settings, and maybe even a restore. Just suggestions that I would try to fix.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just did and waited 15 mins and it uploaded to photo stream on both iPhone and iPad. Try maybe a hard reboot, reset settings, reset network settings, and maybe even a restore. Just suggestions that I would try to fix.

trying this myself as we speak. ill see what happens. thanks.

EDIT: it does work. odd that it didnt for the pic yesterday. however, the photos app was acting up and kept freezing and shutting itself down, like a force stop. maybe that was the cause.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
trying this myself as we speak. ill see what happens. thanks.

EDIT: it does work. odd that it didnt for the pic yesterday. however, the photos app was acting up and kept freezing and shutting itself down, like a force stop. maybe that was the cause.

I've noticed Photo Stream acting kinda wonky lately. Even while I'm running iOS 5

Reactions: bgesullo

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Signal strength variation

Folks I've been using very actively my iPhone with iOS 6 B3, seems that always-on-proximity-sensor does not have much impact on battery life (compared with iOS 5.1.1 on my 4S). Display brightness sometimes acts in a weird way, so bright in not too illuminated places (i.e. inside my car at night).

But lately I've noticed that signal strength drops suddenly to 4 flat lines (as it were with almost no signal) and stays that way until an imessage is sent or a call made. Compared to other work partners iphones 4S with iOS 5.X.X it doesn't happens.

Anyone had seen this also?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Folks I've been using very actively my iPhone with iOS 6 B3, seems that always-on-proximity-sensor does not have much impact on battery life (compared with iOS 5.1.1 on my 4S). Display brightness sometimes acts in a weird way, so bright in not too illuminated places (i.e. inside my car at night).

But lately I've noticed that signal strength drops suddenly to 4 flat lines (as it were with almost no signal) and stays that way until an imessage is sent or a call made. Compared to other work partners iphones 4S with iOS 5.X.X it doesn't happens.

hi welcome to the beta process

auotdim is a feature that knowingly needs work as well as the radio/cellular bug. also, probably should not compare what you have to a stable build like 5.1.1 because it is.. well.. STABLE

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
hi welcome to the beta process

auotdim is a feature that knowingly needs work as well as the radio/cellular bug. also, probably should not compare what you have to a stable build like 5.1.1 because it is.. well.. STABLE
Thank you BLiNK for your comments, when made comparison to others' iPhones was for reference only, knowing that a stable final release, like iOS 5.1.1 is ironed, compared to a 3rd beta release.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

i havent seen this at all, but i have noticed the death grip becoming more pronounced. and this is in a full signal area, in an otterbox commuter case.