Option for opening apps upon insertion of a 3.5 mm jack

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I had an idea for something that I think many people would love to have in iOS. I think having an option to automatically open the Music app, or even 3rd party apps like Pandora, when headphones or an aux cable are inserted into the 3.5 mm jack. The iPhone already recognizes a jack disconnect, do why not an option for connection?

It could be called something like "Auto-Tunes" and could be placed under settings. It could give you the option to have Auto-Tunes off or on. Then, if it's turned on, give you the option to select an app to automatically open.

I know that when I get in the car and plug my phone in it always takes some extra time to unlock the phone and open a music app. This would save lots of time in the long run for people who listen to a lot of music.

So what do y'all think? Is this a good idea you would like to see Apple implement, or am I crazy?

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
i believe that it would be a niffty thing to have for those who have long commutes but wouldn't necessarily see the average Joe using it.

One thing i would love to see however is a more detailed music bar within the lock screen. You know when you double tap the home button in the lock screen to bring up the music player. Now wouldn't it just be lovely if they added the scrubber to it as well as a few other quick features.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see its already a jailbreak. Hopefully Apple will bring it over to the mainstream.

There is a reason why Apple just dont let everything out in the mainstream, how would the iTunes work then? Would you be downloading a weather app if Apple by default gives you some really great functionality in the iPhone? Would you download an angry chicken if its already in the iPhone? You see iTunes is a big source of income, that's why the smart phone companies now keep their phone in basic settings with very basic functions.

Your function, that you have mentioned is pretty simple, but these are the sort of things that people need to make things easy and thus will search and download from it!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
i believe that it would be a niffty thing to have for those who have long commutes but wouldn't necessarily see the average Joe using it.

One thing i would love to see however is a more detailed music bar within the lock screen. You know when you double tap the home button in the lock screen to bring up the music player. Now wouldn't it just be lovely if they added the scrubber to it as well as a few other quick features.

I agree with you completely. It seems they have forgotten about the music app, lately. For a company that built their phone from a music player, it's crazy that they are forgetting it so easily. Hoping for more improvements in iOS 6.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason why Apple just dont let everything out in the mainstream, how would the iTunes work then? Would you be downloading a weather app if Apple by default gives you some really great functionality in the iPhone? Would you download an angry chicken if its already in the iPhone? You see iTunes is a big source of income, that's why the smart phone companies now keep their phone in basic settings with very basic functions.

Your function, that you have mentioned is pretty simple, but these are the sort of things that people need to make things easy and thus will search and download from it!

I actually prefer if this way?I like my apps to come from 3rd parties that really specialize in what they do, instead of relying on one company to try to do everything.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I like this idea. I suffer the same delay as I always use my iPhone in the car or with headphones. I'd like the tweak you suggest to be added to settings at some stage.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2