First let me state by saying I find this a big flaw or mistake and I do not recommend it because chances are apple will fix it and when beta 2 comes you will have major issues and possibly a bricked phone.

I am also not stating how to do this exactly as I do not want to violate any terms of the forum.

But I have read numerous reports that people not developers are upgrading to ios 6 without registering the devices Udid

I guess apple is not checking when updating but is upon a full restore

I just found this strange because even developers have tried and had success

Like stated I'm sure this will be fixed and by no means recommend even attempting this

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-23-2012 02:45 AM
    paging Tim Hewitt-paging Tim Hewitt..
    06-23-2012 03:01 AM
    Thanks blink if I get banned I blame you for calling the enforcers lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-23-2012 03:13 AM
    Didn't the same thing happen with ios beta 5 first beta seemed to work for non devs if they did a upgrade, then some got stuck on beta 2 when udid validation began with 2? I sure remember something like that occurring.
    06-25-2012 09:44 AM
    This was a bug in the beginning but from my understanding, those who have tried to do it in the past couple of days have failed. Last, even if you can get on beta 1 without being reigstering it still not a good idea to load. When you go to update to further builds, it will check UDID every time. So you will end up with a brick when the beta expires.

Just stay away if your UDID is not registered.
    06-25-2012 11:50 AM
    Didn't the same thing happen with ios beta 5 first beta seemed to work for non devs if they did a upgrade, then some got stuck on beta 2 when udid validation began with 2? I sure remember something like that occurring.
    Yes exactly
    06-25-2012 11:50 AM
    paging Tim Hewitt-paging Tim Hewitt..
    Ha ha ha

This happens occasionally with the betas. They generally lock it down within a day or two.
    06-27-2012 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD