I'm Surprised 3GS hasn't got cut off yet completely I mean all model eventually do 3G was 4.2.1 so it's only a matter of time .. If all models did the same then why upgrade and I think apple want best user experience possible .. So ya it does suck some features got left out but Atleast it got some and JB is always a option and since it will be 2 generations old some of you should be ready to upgrade ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    The reason the 3GS is getting an upgrade is because Apple has plans to keep it as a current device. They are using the 3GS and 4 to expand into other international markets, as well as the prepaid arena.
    06-23-2012 09:00 AM
    haha sucks apple locks down everything android has had video chat over cellular network for awhile. But with the carriers getting rid of unlimited grandfathered data facetime over cellular is kinda worthless.
    Apple has had video chat over cellular too via apps like Skype and ovoo. Theyre just getting FaceTime over cellular which works a MILLION times better since you just call them like any old phone call. Android doesnt have that built in to be seamless. Not to mention it looks wayyy better than android video chat services, my brother has an Epic.
    06-23-2012 01:58 PM
    1.No turn by turn navigation. i dont care about 3D.
    2.No facetime over cellular.
    3.Buggy and laggy on the 4 and smooth on the 4S.

Its still in beta so maybe it'l improve till release.

General iOS6
    No toggles in notification Center.
    06-23-2012 02:23 PM
    i went into Ios6 with low expectations and they were met. Unlike other people i actually did some digging and looked up the ios announcements which results in no need to huff and puff. However if the next iphone doesn't have a larger (and i dont mean 3.7" bullcrap) screen then i shall be huffing and puffing.
    06-23-2012 02:57 PM
    I was most disappointed in the lack of turn-by-turn navigation.
    06-24-2012 10:28 AM
    Turn by turn would have been great, i would love Dictation without a jailbreak too.
    06-24-2012 10:43 AM
    I'm not super excited about the iPhone 4 version of ios 6, but I have no intentions of buying the 5 when it comes out. It is what it is I guess.
    06-24-2012 12:16 PM
    Nothing.

Everytime the next iOS comes out, it limits some of the new features on older models. So I'm used to that. It's not cool, but it's not shocking either.
    06-24-2012 05:36 PM
    no turn by turn directions.

how can waze provide that more efficiently even with processor on 4?
    06-25-2012 01:41 AM
    Why are people upset that they don't get every feature? It happens every year a new iOS comes out. Everyone is going to get the iPhone in October anyways lets be honest.
    06-26-2012 12:28 PM
    Why are people upset that they don't get every feature? It happens every year a new iOS comes out. Everyone is going to get the iPhone in October anyways lets be honest.
    "Everyone" doesn't have bags of money. Some of us just have to take what Apple gives us.
    06-26-2012 01:21 PM
    I have a 3GS.

I was passed over for HDR photography on the iP4.

When Siri came out on the 4S, she wouldnt talk to me.

Also, out of the 400(?) new API's introduced since my phone was made in 2009, I'm sure there are a few dozen I've never been able to enjoy.

Did that bug me? Yes, at first. Then I got over it.

Not only does it do everything I bought it for, but my (almost) 3 year old iPhone can do more now than when I first brought it home..
    Of all the gadgets you buy, how many can make that claim?

I've had zero hardware issues with it.
    Software issues? Mostly when I jailbreak, (therefore my own fault) and nothing I couldn't find an answer for.
    To my mind, the only reason to complain would be that I want to complain more than I want to enjoy it and be happy.

To those unhappy about being cut out from certain features:
    I understand your disappointment and frustration.
    But I hope you get over it.
    Or do what I'm gonna do this Fall, and get me some newness with ALL FEATURES!

HEY, I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH.
    06-26-2012 10:40 PM
    I don't get the big deal with turn by turn. Not very useful to people who know where they're going lol.. And if you don't kno,just get an app,it won't kill u:/

Now no Siri???? That makes me mad,it's truly one of a kind & it's jailbroken alternatives suck:P
    Adding it wouldn't have killed apple either..-___-
    06-28-2012 07:15 PM
    iPhone 4 user here. No turn by turn does not consern me, as i have owned Navigon since i was still under contract with my iPhone 3G about 3 years ago. Best turn by turn mapping invenstment i have ever made, and it worked great with my ipad 1, and continues to work great with my ipad 3.

When apple cannot or will not offer something, third parties (app store or cydia) fill in the blanks.

I also use the Dual GPS/bluetooth receiver to get gps data to my wifi ipad. I am in a position right now where i dont get too upset over missing features, since i find ways to get them none the less.

I am also one of the few people who has a GOOD reason for possibly switching to android. Rather than switching because i hate the iphone or apple, i may switch just to i can try it out and play around with a different system.

But then again, i am the minority who tends to stay out of the whole war between the platforms. I have a hand crafted windows 7 desktop, a 2007 imac that still runs great, a raspberry pi running debian, and all three current generation gaming consoles (though they are collecting dust due to the windows 7 pc getting all the gaming action now).
    06-29-2012 01:34 AM
    Yes little of these problems are also faced by me....
    07-04-2012 07:02 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD