Over The Air Update for iOS 6 beta 2?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Last night i was fortunate enough to be able to update to the new iOS 6 beta 1, my question is..when they release iOS 6 beta 2 will we be able to update over the air?? or will we have to install it via itunes again?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All betas will have to be manually installed. This is why we keep recommending that you not load them if you are not a developer or working for one.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
All betas will have to be manually installed. This is why we keep recommending that you not load them if you are not a developer or working for one.

I'm not sure about all betas having to be manually installed. iOS 5 betas, I think the last 2 were OTA.. I could be wrong tho. I don't see why iOS 6 would be any different. OTA updates are working great.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Right? thats what i was thinking. i remember last year during the iOS 5 beta test we were able to over the air update. but i just was not sure with this one :) lets hope!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As I recall, the first couple were iTunes only... then a couple of OTA updates. But at one point, they required an iTunes update (about beta 4) before finishing up with OTA updates again.

Reactions: BLiNK

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd forgotten it was with the 5 beta that they were doing the first OTA updates. I expect it will be some of each then.

Thanks for jogging this old remembery!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd forgotten it was with the 5 beta that they were doing the first OTA updates. I expect it will be some of each then.

Thanks for jogging this old remembery!

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't remember which beta, but I knew it was one of the later ones...

Old remembery jogging an old remembery? Is that like the blind leading the blind? :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Considering OTA came in later updates of iOS 5 betas and it was the first year the implemented OTA updates, I am hoping we will see OTA on these betas. It would be much easier than restoring each time. We'll see soon.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys know if we will be able to upgrade from the last iOS 6 beta to the public release of iOS 6 via OTA? Was that an option last year with the iOS 5 release?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iOS 5 worked that way, so there's no reason to expect anything different with iOS 6.

Sent from Tapatalk on my iPhone

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys know if we will be able to upgrade from the last iOS 6 beta to the public release of iOS 6 via OTA? Was that an option last year with the iOS 5 release?

The initial installation of iOS 5 had to be done through iTunes. I think too much has changed to do this OTA.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
so just updated to beta 2 today and i had heard that the beta 2 will expire at the end of july, what exactly does that mean for non developers? i updated to the first ios 6 beta 1 and did the over the air update to beta 2... should i revert back to my old ios 5.1.1?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so just updated to beta 2 today and i had heard that the beta 2 will expire at the end of july, what exactly does that mean for non developers? i updated to the first ios 6 beta 1 and did the over the air update to beta 2... should i revert back to my old ios 5.1.1?

the next build will be out before the July 31st expiration, just make sure to update when given the option. and the same goes with future builds (update before they expire)

it will be this way until the GM is released, which anyone can install that when the time comes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro