I'm NOT Upgrading to iOS6 at all

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Uh huh, regions have been discontinued before. Austrailia, Germany and others, it had been continued in some as well. But no one is going to listen to them when they start complaining about not having these technologies in those countries. It's really beyond the scope of this discussion, which, you're right, isn't that big of an issue yet. Some countries don't allow you to have Google, or technology at all.

Could it change in the final product? That should be interesting.

jfrebel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It's a simple thing for me. you can call me a lazy stupid moron who relies on my phone like a suck titty baby needing directions even to my own bathroom, if you want.

but I'm a paying customer. My phone WILL meet my needs, or I'll switch to another phone that will.

Its as simple as that. I used to get lost all the time and thanks to my iphone and google maps, I can get anywhere, no longer needing other peoples help.

If my iPhone stops delivering this useful feature to me, its gonna get kicked to the curb in a new york minute. if everything turns out fine, google for instance gets their own map in the app store and it works seamlessly with apples new map APIs, then all will be well, and I'll be happy.

because other than this one issue, I got no real problems with apples new update.

jfrebel

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
http://www.imore.com/2012/06/21/transit-app-iphone-review/

How 'bout that... a developer filling a need. When will it ever end :rolleyes:

it doesn't have a map. with google maps, I can see that I need to go north one block, then east for two to get to a bus stop. I can use the compass to make sure I'm heading the right way, then make sure I am on the right side of the street, so I don't catch the bus going the wrong way.

then when I'm on the bus I can watch the blue location dot to tell me where I am so I can see when I'm nearing my stop. (remember I'm visually impaired, so I can't see street signs, I'm also hearing impaired and can't understand the bus drivers, between all the noise, the crappy PA system, and their thick foreign accents)

So the app in the above review, fails to meet my needs.

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I love how the person on the Internet knows the needs of someone with a disability better than the person posting on this thread with said disability.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't have a map. with google maps, I can see that I need to go north one block, then east for two to get to a bus stop. I can use the compass to make sure I'm heading the right way, then make sure I am on the right side of the street, so I don't catch the bus going the wrong way.

then when I'm on the bus I can watch the blue location dot to tell me where I am so I can see when I'm nearing my stop. (remember I'm visually impaired, so I can't see street signs, I'm also hearing impaired and can't understand the bus drivers, between all the noise, the crappy PA system, and their thick foreign accents)

So the app in the above review, fails to meet my needs.

Read it again "Tap on one of the routes and options open up. You can switch route directions, pull up a map to see where you are relative to the stop or station."

Reactions: kch50428

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There's no telling how good the next iPhone will be, obviously I will just HAVE to get over it.

But I always have in my mind, as an advocate, that we need more unified tracking of transport, a one stop shop. And I mean tracking of public transport like ships, subways, planes, trains, and buses.

Apple made it, now perfect it.

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
There's no telling how good the next iPhone will be, obviously I will just HAVE to get over it.

But I always have in my mind, as an advocate, that we need more unified tracking of transport, a one stop shop. And I mean tracking of public transport like ships, subways, planes, trains, and buses.

Apple made it, now perfect it.

I think the deal where Vienna blocked off Google from getting transit directions obviously spooked Apple into providing transit directions. That's the most plausible explanation I've heard as to why they omitted that feature.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, because I don't know the entire city, and I'm not trying to learn the entire city. I go to one place, which might be a place that I frequently go or don't frequently go.

For example, if I wanted to go from the Aquarium to the Museum, and stop at a place to eat in between. Am I really going to spend time searching up the routes and asking for directions and where the nearest pick up is?

Or am I just going to ask Siri and go straight there?

And plus, you might know your part of the city, but realistically how much would that be, 0.1% ?

I don't stay in the same city for long either, I have other states to travel to. But I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain myself to you.
Most times in a major city, NYC in particular (at least in my incredibly limited experience, according to you) you get to a point where you know areas and how to get to them very easily in a somewhat short time if you actually make the effort to learn it. According to you, everyone is using their phones to get from place to place and if they don't they know 100% of their city street by street. That's not how it is in real life... but that's just a STUDENT'S point of view.
What is it about guys who decline to ask for directions thinking they know their way around when they really don't?
You ever think that the majority of people who decline to ask for directions actually know where they're going?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2