I'm NOT Upgrading to iOS6 at all

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
At first, when Apple Maps came out, I was like, oh, ok, they're coming out with this new Maps, it's going to be better. Then to find out that this is some startup lacking the most basic of features.

:confused: Why bother? This is unthinkable.

I use Maps every day. There's no way I can get anywhere without it. In fact, I'm about to use it right now in about a minute because I have to go somewhere.

But I'm not going to stay here squawking, I should be knocking on corporate's door.

Last edited:

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to say one last thing.

Do you really believe they can do enough? That Apple maps is going to be something to tout by Fall 2012?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you really believe they can do enough? That Apple maps is going to be something to tout by Fall 2012?
It is already better than what they offer now, and will only improve. And developers will innovate and make apps that will make it even better.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There's no way I can get anywhere without it.

And that right there sounds like a personal problem. How did you get around before you had a phone capable of doing maps? Guess and check? Walk around aimlessly? Stop at gas stations and ask for directions?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It is already better than what they offer now, and will only improve. And developers will innovate and make apps that will make it even better.

So true. These things take time. Some people just don't understand that you have start from scratch. OS X had to do it and it was much more complex going from System 9.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
And that right there sounds like a personal problem. How did you get around before you had a phone capable of doing maps? Guess and check? Walk around aimlessly? Stop at gas stations and ask for directions?

No, but I sure wasted hours and hours and hours of time. Before the keynote, no lie, I said to myself, Google Maps is so good. But I didn't say Google, I just said Maps, because I wasn't expecting any of this.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
:eek: Oh, ya'll know what..?

The very same transit information can just be found by going to Google.com from Safari and going to Maps.

Well, it's not integrated with Siri, but I guess I can handle that.

iOS6, here I come. :cool:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I CAN get around without a smartphone. I could also join the boyscouts and learn how to find which way is north by licking my finger and sticking it in the air. But why would anyone want to?

That doesn't indicate north. It indicates which direction the wind is blowing... :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

The very same transit information can just be found by going to Google.com from Safari and going to Maps.

This is too funny... stinkin' up the place only to now say "Um... Never mind... " :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Well, that was certainly an enjoyable journey, wasn't it? smh

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to bear down. The web app doesn't give you everything, it takes longer.

....But the times and maps are there... so it will have to do. Cause I do want iOS6.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The new Apple maps look pretty cool. I never used Google maps for anything other than looking up a location.

For travel on any device I have owned I use a Nav App or my Garmin Nuvi. Fly Over feature will be good for landmark location. For transit routes and times where I live there's a app for that.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably gonna update just for Facebook integration. I'm 16 & tbh I hate going into the FB app to do ANYTHING. Plus ways the harm? I didn't expect ios 6 to b revolutionary anyway...

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

It started off good, but then I had to Facepalm at the additional information I did not yet know. Why do Apple users always have something they collectively have to deny?

Somewhere along the line, Apple made the conscious decision to screw over their users with an obviously inferior application. But why did they do it? Not for the benefit of the end user, but basically out of pride/greed whatever you want to call it.

Let's look at JUST Apple Maps here, it is, as a product, a different kind of app. Less useful for me inparticular because it tried to be everything except a really good map.

3D graphics, flyover, and cinematic turns, all of this is an elaborate and clever rouse to make the end user think that it's better, because it LOOKS cool.

But if you really look hard at Apple Maps as a whole, it is not a good product because it fails to help you in areas where you need it the most.

And also, why call it Apple Maps when it's just going to redirect you to a ton of different apps anyway?

And if I was faithful and devout iOS user as I am, I would WANT that functionality on my device. But I'm willing to forgive Apple. I think of it like redecorating. Part of what made Apple devices good was that functionality they were able to bring to the iPhone by partnering with Google.

Now that they've essentially broken up, that experience is gone. I'm still getting the new iPhone, but it come with the hassle of going to Safari to get bus times and realistic mapping.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73