I'm NOT Upgrading to iOS6 at all

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't dislike Apple maps. It's just, where's Google Maps going to go?

On your home screen when google releases their app.

I did actually use the new map app last night and it worked very very well (non-transit). My only gripe, too sensitive when zooming in. It always rotates. It does zoom, but rotates and zooms.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
On your home screen when google releases their app.

I did actually use the new map app last night and it worked very very well (non-transit). My only gripe, too sensitive when zooming in. It always rotates. It does zoom, but rotates and zooms.

I dont like the rotation when zooming, hopefully there will be an option to disable that, it also lacks lots of street detail when zooming out, the flyover maps take forever to download, even when using it with my wifi ( 24 mbps ).....

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
That's because you live in an area it'll work fine. You probably don't really travel to different places for work. You probably primarily use the same language as the area in which you are in. You're the petty one, thinking it's all about you. its petty hen you are forced to change to something you don't want... you can hold off upgrading as long as possible, but a glitch or a broken iphone means eventually, they'll force you into it. Say hello to Android the second that happens. Apple is screwing over the consumers this time for totally their own benefit. Guess what? Not everyone drives.

And who the HECK needs a claymation building mode?

I dont drive either and there are plenty of apps available for just about every single country that apple supports. If you dont expect things like these from apple then your obviously oblivious to them and their design...... As for you claim that i think its all about me... meh... the way i see it a company needs to help the immediate consumer first and then secondary etc in a process or order if you will. America is were the iphone started and took root so i would expect things to work for me first, just like i would for google. ( Btw there is an extensive list of google features which only north Americans have)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Um.... is maps.apple.com going be something other than a display page when iOS6 comes out?

I mean, can you get Apple Maps on Windows 7 inside Firefox...?

Park

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It's on apples front page and here Apple - iOS 6 Preview.

Ah, you're exactly right. I didn't see that.

However, I still stand by what I said. The fact that they are promoting a "preview" of iOS 6 is marketing ? something I think we all know Apple is good at. The fact that they're promoting a preview of coming features still does not give anyone the right to complain about trying to actually use those features when iOS 6 is in beta.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
We're not complaining about the individual features, we haven't even tried using it and wouldn't know what we would be talking about. We're all concerned, (even MacRumors) about where Google Maps is going to go and why Apple decided to make their own Maps app knowing that nobody does it better than Google.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There are dozens of alternative apps for maps in the app store. To say "nobody does it better than Google" is ignorant, and false.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Let's ...

Let's be honest with ourselves here. I mean really.

Sometimes people are so headstrong about their iDevices that they speak without thinking...It sounds nice when you say "dozens" of apps in the store in conversation, but if you do a simple search you won't find anything of significance.

Apple can't expect to think that just because they create their own map app that Google is just going to go away. I mean, what do people with Macs use when they're looking at a Map on their Macs?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I mean, what do people with Macs use when they're looking at a Map on their Macs?
I use Basecamp - an app that works in in concert with my Garmin Nuvi. And Bing. Google is not the only game in town.

Apple can't expect to think that just because they create their own map app that Google is just going to go away

And just because Google is there does not mean that Apple, or any other developer should be precluded from making a competing product.

Last edited:

Park

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot of discussion going on about this. Here are a couple good recent articles, and even they have conflicting information:

Why the rumors about the iPhone ditching walking, public transit are wrong | Grist (third-party apps will be able to display transit info and routes inside the Maps app)

Busting the iOS 6 Transit Map Myths - Waxy.org (third-party apps will NOT be able to display transit info and routes inside the Maps app, but the Maps app will be able to link to them and pass the beginning/end point info to the third-party app)

I recommend reading both, but basically, no one yet knows what the situation will be like in Maps when iOS 6 is released.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I would actually switch, but I'm actually switching... well, it's not really switching because the tablet will just replace my laptop, but I'm still keeping the iPhone.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I will certainly be at Best Buy checking them out.

I like what this person said...

"I've not seen a Metro app that is worthwhile. I don't care about Office on a tablet.

The Surface Pro is more of the same we've seen. It's too heavy for a tablet. It'll be priced like an ultrabook or MBA. Honestly, it's not an ipad competitor. I'd rather have a laptop for that money.

Finally, MS is terrible at marketing. They want to repeat the xbox's success but seem ignorant of how it became successful. This RT ARM tablet needed some games to demo. It needed a cool name. It needs to appeal to consumers. Show how it works with xbox and any other parts of your ecosystem. MS is chasing Apple but looks clueless and that much was obvious during their rushed event."

The keynote was interesting, but they didn't actually demo the software. It was all hardware, and I know from experience that that can be a huge trap.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
LOL starting at 13:36

Click to view quoted video

#FAIL

Interesting that the only constant with Internet Explorer is that is sucks on every platform. And the bozo doing the demo never left the script... this wasn't a #fail, it was a #microsoftcontinuedfreakingFAIL

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I heard transit maps aren't included. May have to rethink that one..lol

funny-celebrity-pictures-oh-snap.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh