how's your iOS 6 (beta) battery performance?

maraneric

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing much worse results than 5.1.1. This is on a Verizon iPhone 4. I restored from a previous backup after doing the upgrade.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i'm finding battery life still worse than on 5.1.1... but frankly, it shouldn't even be a discussion... i expect things like this... as it's only beta 1... will surely improve with each subsequent beta upgrade...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
i'm finding battery life still worse than on 5.1.1... but frankly, it shouldn't even be a discussion... i expect things like this... as it's only beta 1... will surely improve with each subsequent beta upgrade...

Last night I played a game for about an hour... it ate my 30% battery up in about an hour. :rolleyes: I'll stick to xbox.

But other than that, it has been exceptional... at the point I was at 30% I had ~ 5 hours usage, and 13 hours Stand-by.

We have to remember, when betas come out we are using our phones more than normal to test/find new features. Right now may not be an accurate test of battery life. Day to Day operations wont happen until after the beta period. Plus, the next Beta may totally screw battery life. It's happened before.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I updated from 5.1.1 because I was too lazy to restore 2 times in one week.

The battery performance is undoubtedly worse but I ca still get through the day. Today I had 8hr work day, then went to the gym an hour away for an hour, then home (another hour-long commute) and hit walmart on the way...

Used my iPhone a lot while commuting, and it died just before I got home. I found it acceptable at least.

Adjuss

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
lutY8.png

Here's my battery life so far.

Brightness at 75%
WIFI/Bluetooth On
Like 30 minutes of Pandora
20 Minute episode on Netflix
Played Subway Surfer & Temple Run Brave
All Location Services On
Used navigation on a quick ride
And tested Siri out

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
WAY better than iOS 5.1.1 but only after setting it up as a new iPhone. Battery life was the same when restoring from a backup but once I restored and set up as new it's been golden!
image-1.png

Dogzwild2k1

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
yikes!

went back to 5.1.1 in 48 hours....it was unbearable because of my battery power and everything seemed to freeze up if over 5 apps are open...my phone even shut itself off for 10 minutes and powered back on o_O' so ill wait until they polish it up a bit

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Turn by turn directions battery life is horrible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In all honesty though, most of time people will be using this feature in their cars, so its going to be easy enough to have the iPhone running off the cigarette lighter socket.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My battery was so bad that I felt like I could watch the percentage number drop before my eyes.

Usage 3 hours (wi-fi on about half the time, bluetooth off, no streaming), Talk time 1.5 hours, battery went from 100% to 5%. This was with about 10 minutes of turn-by-turn.

Put my Juice Pack on today and will eagerly await for the next rev!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Here is one for you .. I pull phone off charger and it gos to 98 sometime that happens we know so I do some still battery drops pretty quick to about 94 I am Surprised how fast it dropped so I hard reset and once it reboots it shows 99 ? Bug I think so

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here is one for you .. I pull phone off charger and it gos to 98 sometime that happens we know so I do some still battery drops pretty quick to about 94 I am Surprised how fast it dropped so I hard reset and once it reboots it shows 99 ? Bug I think so

maybe or maybe not. something similar has been happening to me since the 4.0 days

for example (not using beta) one day i will take it off the charger and it will drop to 99%-98% in about 15 min so i will do a reboot and it goes back to 100%. then next day it will stay at 100% for an hour or more, same usage

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
maybe or maybe not. something similar has been happening to me since the 4.0 days

for example (not using beta) one day i will take it off the charger and it will drop to 99%-98% in about 15 min so i will do a reboot and it goes back to 100%. then next day it will stay at 100% for an hour or more, same usage

Mine was draining fast and then I put it back on charger to 100 and it's been there for the last hour .. I think it has to do with it sitting on charger after being 100 for a while it stops charging till a certain point

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner