how's your iOS 6 (beta) battery performance?

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery usually drops 1-2% a minute while on the Internet using my 3G. Now, I'm not attributing that all to the Beta 3, but it doesn't help. Too, it drops 7-8% an hour while in standby; and that's with all my apps closed. So, I'm looking forward to what the 4th Beta does in terms of battery life.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery usually drops 1-2% a minute while on the Internet using my 3G. Now, I'm not attributing that all to the Beta 3, but it doesn't help. Too, it drops 7-8% an hour while in standby; and that's with all my apps closed. So, I'm looking forward to what the 4th Beta does in terms of battery life.

i agree. i loose 1% a minute or so while browsing on 3G, little longer on wifi. i unplugged at 6pm and its now 4:20am, almost 10.5 hours, and these are my stats. dont know if its good or not.

58% battery

Usage: 4 hr, 23 mins
Standby: 10 hr, 17 mins

opinions? if i reboot the phone immediately after being unplugged from 100%, it will be a slow drop to 99/98. if i dont, it will drop to 99% within minutes. sometimes it goes to 97% and i reboot and it goes back to 100%.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree. i loose 1% a minute or so while browsing on 3G, little longer on wifi. i unplugged at 6pm and its now 4:20am, almost 10.5 hours, and these are my stats. dont know if its good or not.

58% battery

Usage: 4 hr, 23 mins
Standby: 10 hr, 17 mins

opinions? if i reboot the phone immediately after being unplugged from 100%, it will be a slow drop to 99/98. if i dont, it will drop to 99% within minutes. sometimes it goes to 97% and i reboot and it goes back to 100%.

so you are saying that at 58% remaining you have those stats??

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Im not on the beta. However I believe the percentage is an estimation based on usage or what it thinks you are using. On 5.1.1 JB if I respring the percentage will go back up again as much as 4% if I have been using several apps consistently. just my .02

scottalg

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
i know there is monitoring software and other variables that could make an impact with each build during these betas which will make it difficult to judge

however, i am pretty impressed so far: currently at 30 Min usage with 2 hours of standby 98%

i hope it stays this way or get better come the GM :)
Like the sounds of this...hope iOS6 does really fix some of the battery issues

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It bugged me a bit at first - ie. decent but far from great battery life on my 4S running iOS 6 - but in reality it is kinda moot when I think about it... since i'll probably end up with an iphone 5 (or whatever it ends up being) with iOS 6 on it ;)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
so you are saying that at 58% remaining you have those stats??

correct. and if i do 10 mins of texting, words with friends or check FB, i can watch the battery drop a percent every 2-3 mins. THAT seems a little high.

im now at 56%

Usage: 3h, 47min
Standby: 8h, 41 mins

worse than yesterday.

Last edited:

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
strange. right after typing my last message here, i was using my phone to about 45% then all of a sudden, it jump directly to 37%. nothing in between. it just seems like the battery really sucks....i have no idea why it would jump like that. only thing i did was reset network settings and reboot earlier around 65%.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
correct. and if i do 10 mins of texting, words with friends or check FB, i can watch the battery drop a percent every 2-3 mins. THAT seems a little high.

im now at 56%

Usage: 3h, 47min
Standby: 8h, 41 mins

worse than yesterday.
Facebook, especially the app, eats up quite a bit of battery and uses a big chunk of memory. Your usage time is still decent though.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i reset my network connections, and let it drain all night. fully charged it today. it sat at 100% for about an hour before moving.....no reboot required as usual to correct the reading. so far so good.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
This is about the best I can get.

wow, thats crummy. my current stats are

Usage: 4h, 28m
Standby: 10h, 39m
Battery: 57%

not bad, started the night off really well. once i hit the 80's, it starting coming down quicker.

on a side note, i just restored my ipod back to 5.1.1 and set it up as new, manually synced the apps back from itunes. if the battery life doesnt seem to get better, my phone may follow suit. this losing 1% per 3 mins when texting needs to stop.

Last edited:

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
oh and this is the second day in a row where my battery jumped abnormally. ill probably revert back to 5.1.1. it went from 46% directly to 37% out of nowhere and today went from 56% to 50%. something is whacky with the battery indicator i think. anyone else notice this??

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77