how's your iOS 6 (beta) battery performance?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i know there is monitoring software and other variables that could make an impact with each build during these betas which will make it difficult to judge

however, i am pretty impressed so far: currently at 30 Min usage with 2 hours of standby 98%

i hope it stays this way or get better come the GM :)

aiden1258

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Aweful so far

Not sure if this is just me, but mine went from 100% to 0% in about 4.5 hours stand by and a half hour of use. I hope this gets fixed soon.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
On my wifi-only Ipad 2, its a little worse than on 5.1.1, however, this is only the first beta, and its not a lot worse, but it is noticeable.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Booo, my earlier reply did not post.

I was at 28% with ~3 hours heavy use and ~5 hours standby. I let my phone die fully and recharge fully after every new beta install... not sure if it changes things but just part of my beta ritual.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Got nearly 7 hours of usage yesterday. Seems a little better than 5.1.1 in all honesty.

that's funny... i'm finding it worse than 5.1.1 :)

it could be because i'm using it more exploring all the new iOS 6 features (feels like a new phone honestly :D)... so will take a few weeks to really know

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's funny... i'm finding it worse than 5.1.1 :)

it could be because i'm using it more exploring all the new iOS 6 features (feels like a new phone honestly :D)... so will take a few weeks to really know

i have to ask, did you Restore from backup or as new after loading the beta?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
9 hours stand by and 2 hr 42 min use and at 50 percent .. ... It seems about the same to me maybe a little worse .. I set as new yesterday and restored and loading my 5.1.1 back up today so far my no difference is bugs or battery from restoring or not

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Turn by turn directions battery life is horrible

i know it's too early to judge but this may be one of the reasons Apple chose not to do turn by turn directions for so long. i hope they get it right

people have complained for a long time that they've wanted turn by turn directions, now the same will complain about their battery life while using it smh

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
i know it's too early to judge but this may be one of the reasons Apple chose not to do turn by turn directions for so long. i hope they get it right

people have complained for a long time that they've wanted turn by turn directions, now the same will complain about their battery life while using it smh

I wonder how much data it consumes? For battery purposes, my phone would be docked in car charging anyways.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
On my new iPad, battery life is better than 5.1.1. I was not expecting this in a beta one, and I am hoping that this remains unchanged in future betas. Of course we all know this can change in the next beta depending on what Apple changes.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how much data it consumes? For battery purposes, my phone would be docked in car charging anyways.

not sure about the data usage but i do not think it is very much

if you're considering going to the beta i do not think you will be disappointed

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
On my new iPad, battery life is better than 5.1.1. I was not expecting this in a beta one, and I am hoping that this remains unchanged in future betas. Of course we all know this can change in the next beta depending on what Apple changes.

just curious, i see that your avatar info reads that you are on iOS 6 AND jailbroken, is that correct?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Today's Usage:
2 hours 3 mins usage
9 hours 8 mins standby

82% battery left.

Pretty freeking solid. Just release beta 2 already, I wanna see what else is in the works. Yup, I'm impatient lol

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am getting much much better batter from iOS 6.0 then I did with iOS 5.1. Very happy with battery usage, and don't see the normal heavy Bluetooth drain that I used to get when using the iPhone in the car.

Reactions: jobu3434

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice