Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's iPhone keep switching back to 3G (while wifi is still avail) after its been locked? Connection is good. iPad stays on wifi just fine. I reset all network settings already. Any advice?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Music app is acting wonky lately - which iTunes Match turned on... it seems to sometimes not play at all, especially when trying to play content that is on iCloud and not downloaded to the iphone... when rebooting, itunes match turns itself off in most cases, have to turn back on and re-enter login/password

otherwise, loving the look of the new itunes and app stores... major improvement... stoked to see how these get polished as we get closer to release...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Music app is acting wonky lately - which iTunes Match turned on... it seems to sometimes not play at all, especially when trying to play content that is on iCloud and not downloaded to the iphone... when rebooting, itunes match turns itself off in most cases, have to turn back on and re-enter login/password

I've had the "not wanting to play" issue with iTunes Match, but it's sporadic. However, my witch stays turned on.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's iPhone keep switching back to 3G (while wifi is still avail) after its been locked? Connection is good. iPad stays on wifi just fine. I reset all network settings already. Any advice?

My phone has always done that wifi kicks on when u wake the phone I guess same for iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Siri Raise to Speak Proximity Sensor bug

Hi, folks. Just to make you notice a little bug that has impact on battery life (as mentioned in many other iOS 5 forums). When you turn Raise To Speak off, and use your webcam to verify if it turned infrared proximity sensor off, results that it didn't. Since iOS 5 this bug has been present, turning iphone off and back to on, or doing a hard reset solves this issue but this solution does not apply in iOS 6, neither power cycling, nor hard resetting. Don't have an idea on how hard it is on battery draining, but it makes no sense that this sensor stays on forever even when you turn this feature off.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already as I skimmed through 14 pages:

- When selecting a song from the music app, it'll sometimes forward to the next song

- When sending a picture to FB from the FB integration, the picture doesn't show up in your regular news feed. It does show on your profile. So that leaves the question of how many news feeds it's actually showing up on.

- Sending an FB status update from the notification center gets the same exact result as the photo bug above

I've sent bug reports to Apple

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been asked already, but have any of you downgraded back to 5.1.1 because of all the bugs on the beta? I know its just in beta, but I've personally downgraded because I couldn't take the bugs :/ as well as the wonky battery life

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
iPad issues:

* Maps is crashtastic. Usually it will crash on launch.
* I think there is a Bluetooth/connectivity bug. It is near impossible to stream music over Bluetooth at times when connected to wifi. Granted, it could be an issue with rdio.
* Multitasking doesn't always work. I would say gestures only work about half of the time.
* The app store is plagued with a scroll bug that causes slow, jittery scrolling. In addition, this causes the app store to crash.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
iPhone issues so far.. some repeat.

• Volume Control varies and adjusts on its own.
  • Brightness does not maintain especially on reboot
  • I have to keep entering cloud password (2-3x a day)
  • eFax (software) does not work (but not surprised, nothing was updated for iOS 6 yet)

On the great side... Siri is really on track now, I get 99% correct input now compared to about 70%. Also the reject call and sent a notice is excellent, been using that all day today!

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Player turned off when screen turned off..answer!

Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.

I found the answer to this issue...sorry if someone already knew this! :)

But apparently in iOS6 you must use the Guided Access controls to not have the iPhone stop the Quicktime player when you turn the screen off.

Funny thing is though I can't seem to get the Guided Access 3 click home button to work :cool: Anyone have any luck with it? Was trying it with my 3 yr old son as he likes the PBS Kids app.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Also noticing poor wifi performance... sometimes slow to connect to strong wifi signals (can compare with my ipad and laptop)... sometimes just disconnects and won't reconnect until turn off/turn on again, or manually hit the hotspot in the wifi list...

overall speeds in wifi seem slow, again, comparing to same wifi signal on my ipad (which is still on 5.1.1 or whatever latest 5.1.X)... i get better performance sometimes just using cellular...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already as I skimmed through 14 pages:

- When selecting a song from the music app, it'll sometimes forward to the next song

- When sending a picture to FB from the FB integration, the picture doesn't show up in your regular news feed. It does show on your profile. So that leaves the question of how many news feeds it's actually showing up on.

- Sending an FB status update from the notification center gets the same exact result as the photo bug above

I've sent bug reports to Apple

same here on the music app... seems it does that with streaming/icloud stored songs...

PS - dumb question but where can one submit bug reports... haven't found on developer site and don't seen in my iphone settings... i do however have Diagnostics & Usage turned on (automatically send)...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
same here on the music app... seems it does that with streaming/icloud stored songs...

PS - dumb question but where can one submit bug reports... haven't found on developer site and don't seen in my iphone settings... i do however have Diagnostics & Usage turned on (automatically send)...

Basically through the Apple Developer Forums. Apple monitors those forums, I'm pretty sure.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else highly annoyed with the app store on the iPhone and iPad? I find that browsing is more irritating and you can only see a small number of apps. I don't know what made them get rid of the old categories view, but I hope they bring it back.

felsmann

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Noticed maps isn't displaying traffic even toggled off and restarted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here no traffic on ipod Touch or Iphone 4, however a nice workaroundnis to use google maps' webapp, it works quitennice. Maps.google.com/maps

Another issue only on the iphonen4 thebChase app will not install

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Only iPhone 4S getting all functions.

Same here no traffic on ipod Touch or Iphone 4, however a nice workaroundnis to use google maps' webapp, it works quitennice. Maps.google.com/maps

Another issue only on the iphonen4 thebChase app will not install

FYI...not sure if you saw this..but only iPhone 4S is getting 3D maps, traffic and turn-by-turn.
PSA: Which iOS 6 features can my device run? -- Engadget

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal