Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Maps

been using for a couple of hours and the only bug i've noticed is the Maps not loading, the search field does not crash and it even let me use turn by turn directions but not maps on the screen..
I just noticed the brightness changes constantly, changing between apps feels extremely snappy and I love it !!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone can replicate... but I have the ibeats by Dr. Dre earbuds and the volume controls dont work. I have to wait till I get back home tomorrow night to test with my apple earbuds. Worked perfectly in iOS 5. Also, there's some funkiness going on with the play/pause button... it opens up Siri sporadically.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Still haven't had any issues y'all are talking about. I did update the new beta before I updated iTunes. Maybe that's it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Auto brightness has major bugs

Yeah there are some brightness issues, but it doesn't happen enough for me to create a bug report. I've noticed one time where it dimmed before it locked the screen and it would return to a non-dim state when I touched it. Checked settings and brightness was all the way down.

So far the bugs I've come across aren't easily replicated, which is a good thing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My maps only crashes on search sometimes .. Auto Brightness is buggy too .. Face times settings didn't crash at first but now it just locks up settings app till it restarts ..

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Typing

I just found something really weird, wonder if you guys can check it out, I type pretty fast in my iphone and I just noticed that when typing fast the click sound feels slower than the letters I type, if I type an 8 letter word it seems the keyboard only registers 3 or 4 clicks, it feels weird because I like the feedback of these clicks and it's usually instantaneous....not sure if this is part of the OS or just a bug, it only seems to happen when typing fast.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just found something really weird, wonder if you guys can check it out, I type pretty fast in my iphone and I just noticed that when typing fast the click sound feels slower than the letters I type, if I type an 8 letter word it seems the keyboard only registers 3 or 4 clicks, it feels weird because I like the feedback of these clicks and it's usually instantaneous....not sure if this is part of the OS or just a bug, it only seems to happen when typing fast.

I noticed that to man. Sometimes it skips a click if you go to fast.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Maps - won't give direction from a location in the US to a location in Canada - hopefully this gets fixed very soon!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not do much a bug but when doing a hard reset there is no power down screen .. Also my settings freezes still on FaceTime settings ( but FaceTime works ) also on trying to go to caller is under iMessage ..

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Siri doesn't like basketball.
(Being serious, it doesn't pull recent basketball scores)
Also, there's some weird wifi FB uploader bugs
and youtube over wifi (my friend told me these...non-descript though)

The auto brightness is annoying, not enough for me to deal with the downgrade hassle.
If it gets that bad, I have a One X to put my Sim card in.

Hope some of that adds to the "knowledge base" and we can see some fixes in a week or two!
As long as auto brightness gets fixed

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I just fixed the " Maps no loading" bug, I went to " privacy" - location services and turn off Maps, I then reboot the phone and turned it back on , opened the app and voila !!!!
Before this make sure you close the app from the multitask bar, hope it helps

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes. I get the same thing as well actually. I thought my screen was dying on me or something haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR