Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'll start it. Bugs I noticed are thumbnails in camera roll are a tad blurry. Also, the pics in camera roll don't seem as sharp. Last, maps crashes when you search.

What else?

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No issues with Maps here. To be honest, haven't noticed any major issues. Seems a bit sluggish at times, but that's to be expected with Beta software.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice the screens brighter than usual? I've got mine on less than a quarter and it's plenty bright were as usual I'd have it on half.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I did a restore (from backup |:...yeah I'm a bit lazy) as I usually do and here's what I've found.

1) Camera roll thumbs are a bit fuzzy (Until you open them ofc)
2) Several games won't open (or take forever to open)
3) Passbook doesn't load past the splash screen (Guessing they didn't enable the app yet)
4) Camera feels a little sluggish (but fully functional)
5) Restoring from a backup broke all my folders :( Nbd, I just have to reorganize...everything :(
6) No 3d enabled for maps yet. I tried going over NYC and Tokyo (assuming this is coming in a later beta).

That's it so far...seems like a fairly stable beta....I'm guessing they ran through a few builds of pre-developer beta before it got to even this stage. I cannot wait for future builds...seems like it's going to be a good summer ladies and gents :)

sspectre

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'll start it. Bugs I noticed are thumbnails in camera roll are a tad blurry. Also, the pics in camera roll don't seem as sharp. Last, maps crashes when you search.

What else?

Maps search was working when I first installed iOS 6 (and restored from backup). It stopped working this morning.

Go to Settings->General->Reset and Reset All Settings This fixed the maps crash for me, at least for now.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Now when I search on Maps, it says "No Results Found" is that the "crash" people were referring to earlier? Or does the application actually crash? Is search working for anybody now?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys. I did a restore (from backup |:...yeah I'm a bit lazy) as I usually do and here's what I've found.

1) Camera roll thumbs are a bit fuzzy (Until you open them ofc)
2) Several games won't open (or take forever to open)
3) Passbook doesn't load past the splash screen (Guessing they didn't enable the app yet)
4) Camera feels a little sluggish (but fully functional)
5) Restoring from a backup broke all my folders :( Nbd, I just have to reorganize...everything :(
6) No 3d enabled for maps yet. I tried going over NYC and Tokyo (assuming this is coming in a later beta).

That's it so far...seems like a fairly stable beta....I'm guessing they ran through a few builds of pre-developer beta before it got to even this stage. I cannot wait for future builds...seems like it's going to be a good summer ladies and gents :)

Thanks for confirming #1. Our other 4S does the same thing and we had a different backup to load.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah. It's just not finding stuff. i.e. I search for Target and it says "No Results Found". Perhaps Apple is repopulating their Maps database :p. Earlier this morning, it allowed me to search for my work's address and I used turn-by-turn to get there.

Last edited:

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Then it's either this weirdo wifi connection, or because my iPhone currently isn't "activated". I'm stopping by an ATT store to have my SIM put back in. Will see if that's the cause of the problem :)

BTW I'm using an ATT iPhone 4s (64 gb)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh