Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else notice the call volume for both the earpiece and the speaker? I have my volume set to the lowest level possible on the earpiece and it sounds way louder than it should. The speakerphone volume sounds way lower than it should. Didn't experience this problem with iOS 5.1.1.
P.S. I restored my iPhone from an iCloud backup when I upgraded to the iOS 6 beta.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The only think I've found so far, is my emoticons aren't working. When I press on the little globe to insert one it closes the messages app.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else notice the call volume for both the earpiece and the speaker? I have my volume set to the lowest level possible on the earpiece and it sounds way louder than it should. The speakerphone volume sounds way lower than it should. Didn't experience this problem with iOS 5.1.1.
P.S. I restored my iPhone from an iCloud backup when I upgraded to the iOS 6 beta.

Yes, a buddy who upgraded and I talked about this. It's like 40% louder. I like it though, because I'm a tad hard of hearing :D. I LOVE the new vibrations settings.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, a buddy who upgraded and I talked about this. It's like 40% louder. I like it though, because I'm a tad hard of hearing :D. I LOVE the new vibrations settings.

Well it's weird that the earpiece volume is super loud at the lowest setting, but that's not what really bothers me. The speakerphone can be barely heard at a somewhat high setting which does bother me.

maraneric

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
App Store:
Every time I try to purchase a new app/download free one, I have to enter my email & password. Every time I get prompted whether I am using an existing itunes account or to create a new one. It used to save my email address.
Also, I can only see 5 reviews for each app.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Had the maps search issue but that seemed to fix itself. All else seems great so far for me.

My Bluetooth connects and works through the car perfectly. Including phone book and call log sync. My car is a 2012 Audi A6, perhaps the issues only effect certain car brands??

I have had a couple of app related issues. Tapatalk doesn't load all threads. You click on some and just get a blank page. Also banjo crashes when you attempt to click on any of the options.

One thing I noticed is with the app store. Although I'm in the UK prices are in dollars and some apps cannot be downloaded as they are US only.

Overall though all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
does anybody use an assisive touch ? if so does anybody have an issue with an assesive touch like screen wont lock down, sometime phone is lag when openning aplication ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple typically releases new beta builds every two weeks or so. We should see beta 2 next Monday or possibly this Friday if we're lucky.

I remember beta 2 of ios 5 being released e Friday of 4th of July weekend, last year. Was about a month after beta 1 was launched.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sending Photos in iMessage

Sending a photo in iMessage from my iOS 6 to a non-iOS 6 phone, they see the little thumbnail correctly, but when they click on the image it's blank.

Not sure if it works from iOS 6 to iOS 6 correctly.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Streaming vs. Downloading with iTunes Match

Hey folks,

I'm using iTunes Match and noticing some weird stuff.

I turn on "show all music" and shuffle play songs.

After let's say 10 songs, I'll stop a song, go to settings and turn off the option to show all music.

When I go back into Music, none of the tracks are there -- except the last track!

So they stream (totally cool) except for that last track I play which gets stored locally (weird).

Also, if I actually WANT to download a track so I have it on my phone, I have no idea how to do that.

With a playlist, I get the "download all" option, but for individual songs, I no longer have that little cloud with the down arrow option.

Anyone have thoughts?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
wifi pswd doesn't stick

anyone else have an issues where the wifi password doesn't stick.. i am able to connect to my router after i input my password but once i lock the device i lose my wifi connection and it asks me to again input my router password

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So they stream (totally cool) except for that last track I play which gets stored locally (weird).

My theory is that tracks actually do download to your phone so that network congestion doesn't affect playback. Then, if the song completes play, it is deleted from your phone.

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
anyone else have an issues where the wifi password doesn't stick.. i am able to connect to my router after i input my password but once i lock the device i lose my wifi connection and it asks me to again input my router password

yep i have the same issue with some router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice