Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.
    I found the answer to this issue...sorry if someone already knew this!

But apparently in iOS6 you must use the Guided Access controls to not have the iPhone stop the Quicktime player when you turn the screen off.

Funny thing is though I can't seem to get the Guided Access 3 click home button to work Anyone have any luck with it? Was trying it with my 3 yr old son as he likes the PBS Kids app.
    06-16-2012 09:11 AM
    Also noticing poor wifi performance... sometimes slow to connect to strong wifi signals (can compare with my ipad and laptop)... sometimes just disconnects and won't reconnect until turn off/turn on again, or manually hit the hotspot in the wifi list...

overall speeds in wifi seem slow, again, comparing to same wifi signal on my ipad (which is still on 5.1.1 or whatever latest 5.1.X)... i get better performance sometimes just using cellular...
    06-16-2012 12:40 PM
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned already as I skimmed through 14 pages:

- When selecting a song from the music app, it'll sometimes forward to the next song

- When sending a picture to FB from the FB integration, the picture doesn't show up in your regular news feed. It does show on your profile. So that leaves the question of how many news feeds it's actually showing up on.

- Sending an FB status update from the notification center gets the same exact result as the photo bug above

I've sent bug reports to Apple

same here on the music app... seems it does that with streaming/icloud stored songs...

PS - dumb question but where can one submit bug reports... haven't found on developer site and don't seen in my iphone settings... i do however have Diagnostics & Usage turned on (automatically send)...
    06-16-2012 12:45 PM
    same here on the music app... seems it does that with streaming/icloud stored songs...

PS - dumb question but where can one submit bug reports... haven't found on developer site and don't seen in my iphone settings... i do however have Diagnostics & Usage turned on (automatically send)...
    Basically through the Apple Developer Forums. Apple monitors those forums, I'm pretty sure.
    06-16-2012 01:43 PM
    Basically through the Apple Developer Forums. Apple monitors those forums, I'm pretty sure.
    Ah OK... thnx
    06-16-2012 01:48 PM
    Is anyone else highly annoyed with the app store on the iPhone and iPad? I find that browsing is more irritating and you can only see a small number of apps. I don't know what made them get rid of the old categories view, but I hope they bring it back.
    06-16-2012 10:48 PM
    Noticed maps isn't displaying traffic even toggled off and restarted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Same here no traffic on ipod Touch or Iphone 4, however a nice workaroundnis to use google maps' webapp, it works quitennice. Maps.google.com/maps

Another issue only on the iphonen4 thebChase app will not install
    06-16-2012 11:54 PM
    go here and enter your Apple ID and Password. follow the neccessary steps:

https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/....woa/wa/signIn
    06-17-2012 01:58 AM
    Same here no traffic on ipod Touch or Iphone 4, however a nice workaroundnis to use google maps' webapp, it works quitennice. Maps.google.com/maps

Another issue only on the iphonen4 thebChase app will not install
    FYI...not sure if you saw this..but only iPhone 4S is getting 3D maps, traffic and turn-by-turn.
    PSA: Which iOS 6 features can my device run? -- Engadget
    06-17-2012 08:34 AM
    ^^duh. This is well known.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-17-2012 09:41 AM
    Does anyone else notice the call volume for both the earpiece and the speaker? I have my volume set to the lowest level possible on the earpiece and it sounds way louder than it should. The speakerphone volume sounds way lower than it should. Didn't experience this problem with iOS 5.1.1.
    P.S. I restored my iPhone from an iCloud backup when I upgraded to the iOS 6 beta.
    06-17-2012 05:33 PM
    The only think I've found so far, is my emoticons aren't working. When I press on the little globe to insert one it closes the messages app.
    06-17-2012 08:21 PM
    Does anyone else notice the call volume for both the earpiece and the speaker? I have my volume set to the lowest level possible on the earpiece and it sounds way louder than it should. The speakerphone volume sounds way lower than it should. Didn't experience this problem with iOS 5.1.1.
    P.S. I restored my iPhone from an iCloud backup when I upgraded to the iOS 6 beta.
    Yes, a buddy who upgraded and I talked about this. It's like 40% louder. I like it though, because I'm a tad hard of hearing . I LOVE the new vibrations settings.
    06-17-2012 08:23 PM
    Yes, a buddy who upgraded and I talked about this. It's like 40% louder. I like it though, because I'm a tad hard of hearing . I LOVE the new vibrations settings.
    Well it's weird that the earpiece volume is super loud at the lowest setting, but that's not what really bothers me. The speakerphone can be barely heard at a somewhat high setting which does bother me.
    06-17-2012 09:09 PM
    Sooooo Garz. Any ETA on the next build ? I'm really excited to see passbook enabled!
    06-18-2012 10:10 AM
    App Store:
    Every time I try to purchase a new app/download free one, I have to enter my email & password. Every time I get prompted whether I am using an existing itunes account or to create a new one. It used to save my email address.
    Also, I can only see 5 reviews for each app.
    06-18-2012 01:33 PM
    Had the maps search issue but that seemed to fix itself. All else seems great so far for me.

My Bluetooth connects and works through the car perfectly. Including phone book and call log sync. My car is a 2012 Audi A6, perhaps the issues only effect certain car brands??

I have had a couple of app related issues. Tapatalk doesn't load all threads. You click on some and just get a blank page. Also banjo crashes when you attempt to click on any of the options.

One thing I noticed is with the app store. Although I'm in the UK prices are in dollars and some apps cannot be downloaded as they are US only.

Overall though all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-18-2012 02:39 PM
    I am still getting iCloud login requests a dozen or so times a day. And I also have the volume issues.
    06-18-2012 10:16 PM
    Via iMessage or through your carrier?
    This also happened to me. A reboot resolved it but it always seems to eventually come back. Report submitted.
    06-18-2012 10:51 PM
    Sooooo Garz. Any ETA on the next build ? I'm really excited to see passbook enabled!
    Apple typically releases new beta builds every two weeks or so. We should see beta 2 next Monday or possibly this Friday if we're lucky.
    06-18-2012 11:21 PM
    does anybody use an assisive touch ? if so does anybody have an issue with an assesive touch like screen wont lock down, sometime phone is lag when openning aplication ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chanpisan; 06-19-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    06-19-2012 12:36 AM
    Apple typically releases new beta builds every two weeks or so. We should see beta 2 next Monday or possibly this Friday if we're lucky.
    I remember beta 2 of ios 5 being released e Friday of 4th of July weekend, last year. Was about a month after beta 1 was launched.
    06-19-2012 01:41 AM
    I remember beta 2 of ios 5 being released e Friday of 4th of July weekend, last year. Was about a month after beta 1 was launched.
    Nope. June 24th.
    06-19-2012 07:51 AM
    Sending a photo in iMessage from my iOS 6 to a non-iOS 6 phone, they see the little thumbnail correctly, but when they click on the image it's blank.

Not sure if it works from iOS 6 to iOS 6 correctly.
    06-19-2012 10:04 AM
    Hey folks,

I'm using iTunes Match and noticing some weird stuff.

I turn on "show all music" and shuffle play songs.

After let's say 10 songs, I'll stop a song, go to settings and turn off the option to show all music.

When I go back into Music, none of the tracks are there -- except the last track!

So they stream (totally cool) except for that last track I play which gets stored locally (weird).

Also, if I actually WANT to download a track so I have it on my phone, I have no idea how to do that.

With a playlist, I get the "download all" option, but for individual songs, I no longer have that little cloud with the down arrow option.

Anyone have thoughts?
    06-19-2012 12:51 PM
202 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD