Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

msiphone

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
my passbook app just disappeared!!! I was in the app, just seeing what it would do, and now it's gone!! I've reset, and still can't find it - anyone else???? Any suggestions???

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
my passbook app just disappeared!!! I was in the app, just seeing what it would do, and now it's gone!! I've reset, and still can't find it - anyone else???? Any suggestions???

Can't say I've seen that, but that is typical beta behavior. A restore may be needed if you can't find it in search.

Reactions: msiphone

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
this is the problem with individuals using beta software on their "daily drivers" technically these betas are intended for test devices. this way a Developer can set it to the side after beta testng their software and not have to worry about little things like that. they assume it will get corrected in the next build after it has been reported to Apple

not trying to sound rude, just trying to educate :)

This is the bug thread... I started to post the same thing last night... I experienced when playing videos via Airplay to AppleTV2 from Crunchyroll app... Had to turn off screen lock completely to watch a full episode.

Not a dev, but not new to this either.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I use my daily driver as my test device. Granted I am a techie, but I also know the risks and take responsibility. I feel that it needs to be used as a daily driver so I can properly report issues.

Ditto, my daily is my test device. Not only do I submit bugs to Apple, but App Devs as well. Just doing my part to help the community.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Damn... I don't know if this is the same procedure everyone followed, but by simply control/shift + "updating" on iTunes, I've foregone most of the major bugs I've seen mentioned here. Just about everything has worked from the get-go with an rare slowdown or crash here and there (it IS beta, after all).

They seem to have done a lot of preliminary work this time before releasing the first beta.

But aside from that, I have noticed the keyboard clicks (and not actual lag on the keyboard) to be slightly off. Also, Bluetooth sound quality seems to have degraded some on this first beta. All a matter of tweaking I'm sure.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and one more thing: auto-brightness. I haven't been able to confirm this yet, so it's just a hunch, but I think the brightness bar keeps shifting because.. It's actually adjusting the brightness now. Instead of letting the user set an arbitrary maximum in the settings, it seems to be actually auto-changing the brightness and moving the bar not the settings as well. It also seems to be allowing more nits through than before, pretty interesting.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Ditto, my daily is my test device. Not only do I submit bugs to Apple, but App Devs as well. Just doing my part to help the community.

I'll third this. I'm a power user and completely use the shi-t out of my iPhone, but I feel that's how the bugs get ferreted out and so that our final iOS6 is the best it can be. I know the risks and 99% of the time, it's worth it. Usually new builds get pushed out pretty quickly (1-2 weeks?). This time around...I have the luxury of another device I can swap to should I get excessively frustrated :p

One more issue I've found is Bluetooth with my car. I did a restore from backup and I'm going to try re-pairing my device..but it says that it's connected, but it doesn't show my car as an available audio device in music or in-calls.

So Garz...timetable for the next build :p?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

not sure what you meant by "reset" but try going to:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout

Reactions: msiphone

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting bug/trick. Turn screen on with hand covering light sensor and then move your hand. If you don't move your hand after a second or so (i.e. or the light sensor thinks it's dark for long enough), it won't brighten up quickly enough. Maybe that's the bug some people are experiencing?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Interesting bug/trick. Turn screen on with hand covering light sensor and then move your hand. If you don't move your hand after a second or so (i.e. or the light sensor thinks it's dark for long enough), it won't brighten up quickly enough. Maybe that's the bug some people are experiencing?

The auto-brightness works for me, just not fast enough... usually takes 3-5 seconds before it activates.

toloy2k

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Gonna have to try and downgrade as since installing ios6 sat nave and wifi keeps searching for either gps or dropping wifi all the time:(

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
One bug I have found (hopefully not just my device) is that I can't send MMS messages.

Yeah lol I recently found the same. Going to see if there are any workarounds.. I haven't tested iMessage photos yet, but carrier-provided MMSs don't seem to be working.

i just successfully sent an MMS and received confirmation from the person who received it (photo and video)

just curious, did you guys Restore from a backup or as new iPhone?

msiphone

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
anyone experiencing having to sign in over and over again with apple id and password, then attempt to authenticate billing? Keeps happening over and over - so ANNOYING!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen