Downcast app (v 2.7.2) does not work in iOS 6 beta 1... had to switch to Instacast
    06-13-2012 09:57 AM
    I can't download podcasts from the iTunes store. Even searching for them yields failed results.
    06-13-2012 12:32 PM
    yeah - i have all that - I guess I was expecting a toggle switch in the notification pull down... I guess I was imagining that feature
    that would be very convenient. i was reading elsewhere that some people want an external button. seriously? i do not see Apple doing that
    06-13-2012 12:59 PM
    My iCloud keeps asking me to verify my password, so I do it then it pops up again and again until I hit cancel.
    06-13-2012 04:30 PM
    My iCloud keeps asking me to verify my password, so I do it then it pops up again and again until I hit cancel.
    Mine has asked a couple of times
    06-13-2012 07:04 PM
    I had that problem in the iOS 5 beta. My fix was to do a complete reinstall. I also always set my iphones up as New when installing new betas vs restoring from backup. The betas seem to be more stable doing it this way.
    BLiNK likes this.
    06-13-2012 07:48 PM
    Might have to try that, I just restored from iCloud back up. I'll try set up as new and see if it goes away. Apart from that it's pretty awesome.
    06-13-2012 08:45 PM
    the only things i see in the new Maps app is the blue dot showing my location and the background grid. not a single building, street, etc. weird. and i live in a big city (Nashville TN). i've closed the app. rebooted the iPhone. turned off/on the Maps toggle under Privacy / Location Services. nothing gets it to work. anyone else having that issue? please advise. i'm dying to try the new Maps app for the first time.

thanks - Eric
    06-13-2012 11:58 PM
    the only things i see in the new Maps app is the blue dot showing my location and the background grid. not a single building, street, etc. weird. and i live in a big city (Nashville TN). i've closed the app. rebooted the iPhone. turned off/on the Maps toggle under Privacy / Location Services. nothing gets it to work. anyone else having that issue? please advise. i'm dying to try the new Maps app for the first time.

thanks - Eric
    another member here suggested to turn off location services for Maps, reset network settings and then reboot device. this seem to help some minor things that i was experiencing at the time

regarding your 3D viewing, as you know this is beta software so "it's still in the works" search SF, CA or Sydney, AUS to see some awesome views for now!
    06-14-2012 12:11 AM
    SERIOUS BUG:
    Maps completely ignores 1 way streets!

MINOR BUGS:
    I can't adjust my iMessage settings which renders Find My Friends unusable.

No football scores.

Battery drain

Siri won't work in car connect via Bluetooth, mic deactivated.

Annoying echo intermittent while playing music through dock or iPod cable connection

I think that's it for me. No crashes yet (other than the settings app freezing trying to confirm iMessage email addresses)
    06-14-2012 12:25 AM
    Just some maps screenshots. Kinda awesome!!

Attachment 16580Attachment 16581Attachment 16582
    06-14-2012 12:39 AM
    06-14-2012 12:40 AM
    Few things I've noticed:

> Brightness is sketchy on iPad 2.
    > Shutdown spinner is Retina
    > iTunes Trailers crashes on iPad.
    > Calendar now shows current date in Notification Center.
    > Splash screen for maps still shows 3D button on iPhone 4 even though it"s not enabled.
    > Battery life is eh, not really too much different.
    > Some pics in Camera Roll are black or corrupted (also happened in iOS 5 beta) on iPhone 4. However, the lag in rendering and sharpening photos when swiping is now almost instantaneous.
    > I hope this is a bug: when using volume buttons with screen locked and music playing (whether through headphones or not) the screen lights up to show the volume popup. Every. Single. Time.

There's a lot more, but that's what I've seen. Overall, I'm very surprised at the stability of this beta and it is actually perfectly fine for daily use. Also really happy with all the little things they've changed - makes my life a lot easier.
    06-14-2012 12:42 AM
    Attachment 16586Attachment 16587 disappointing

Attachment 16588Attachment 16590 land scape pic came out correct?
    Attachment 16594

Awesome!!!
    06-14-2012 12:47 AM
    Attachment 16595
    Attachment 16596

Vegas anyone ??

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-14-2012 02:09 AM
    I tried that. Didn't fix.
    I had the crashing map problem when I searched. To fix it I turned off Contacts and calendar under "Allow these apps to use your account" in Settings>facebook and the search box now works perfectly
    06-14-2012 03:53 AM
    I tried that. Didn't fix.
    For those with the maps crashing, turning off contacts in iCloud worked for me. I think it's a prefill caching bug. Turning off contacts, then back and allowing them to repopulate worked for me. Now, as you type in the map search bar, it pops up people in your contacts. Never did that for me before.
    06-14-2012 04:02 AM
    Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.
    06-14-2012 06:44 AM
    Edit photo in camera roll , after edited and saved image becomes white , unusable image , try reboot but it didn't come back 😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-14-2012 07:33 AM
    Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.
    this is the problem with individuals using beta software on their "daily drivers" technically these betas are intended for test devices. this way a Developer can set it to the side after beta testng their software and not have to worry about little things like that. they assume it will get corrected in the next build after it has been reported to Apple

not trying to sound rude, just trying to educate
    06-14-2012 07:37 AM
    this is the problem with individuals using beta software on their "daily drivers" technically these betas are intended for test devices. this way a Developer can set it to the side after beta testng their software and not have to worry about little things like that. they assume it will get corrected in the next build after it has been reported to Apple

Blink - Ever heard the statement "when you assume you..."
    I am a dev and I don't use this phone as my primary device. However, it doesn't mean it still isn't a pain.

No disrespect ment.
    06-14-2012 08:10 AM
    I think the demand is what is causing Maps to close for some of us. Last night around 10pm it was not working, around 3am it was running just fine without any crashes.

The only other bug/issue I have seen is that despite the fact I do not have auto brightness on occasionally my iPad will go back down to a 0% brightness setting. Also guided access doesn't work for me yet. I have noticed some graphic issues in apps as well, and a little lag in the app store/itunes, but other than that it is a great beta 1. I am extremely impressed.
    06-14-2012 09:11 AM
    Blink - Ever heard the statement "when you assume you..."
    I am a dev and I don't use this phone as my primary device. However, it doesn't mean it still isn't a pain.

No disrespect ment.
    oopsie daisy haha. since we're being so nice to one another then i "assume" you will understand i find it odd that you take a test device to bed to listen to podcasts
    06-14-2012 09:26 AM

I use my daily driver as my test device. Granted I am a techie, but I also know the risks and take responsibility. I feel that it needs to be used as a daily driver so I can properly report issues.
    BLiNK and Dryland like this.
    06-14-2012 09:36 AM
    I use my daily driver as my test device. Granted I am a techie, but I also know the risks and take responsibility. I feel that it needs to be used as a daily driver so I can properly report issues.
    yep, same here. i reported my first bug last night

Music played in my Music.app sounds low and monotone. adjusting EQ settings minimally helps
    06-14-2012 09:41 AM
202 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD