Cannot Activate iOS 6 beta 1

ScottHekking

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm a registered developer and I registered the UDID. It reaches the activation stage, then returns that it cannot activate. I've seen a couple of other threads on the Apple Forums but none had an answer.

neil0604

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, had the same problem but now I see what;s wrong.. One needs to register his UDID first huh? Is there payment involved to register? Thanks..

ScottHekking

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I can't check it. When I connect it to iTunes, I get a blank screen with 'iPad' in the middle. This is so frustrating! I guess i'll have to wait a little but.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, had the same problem but now I see what;s wrong.. One needs to register his UDID first huh? Is there payment involved to register? Thanks..

You must be a developer to Register is 99 bucks

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The work arounds are not allowed to be discussed on this forum as it violates apple and the forum rules and can get your account banned .. But google udid registration .. Have a good night

neil0604

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
The work arounds are not allowed to be discussed on this forum as it violates apple and the forum rules and can get your account banned .. But google udid registration .. Have a good night

Right, I do get your point. Thanks for the info man, guess i'll just have to wait.. Have a good night too..

scholls22

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
This is how you fix the problem. Downgrade back to 5.1.1 On the itunes screen , instead of doing restore, hold shift and update then select the 6.0 file. I had the same problem but this has fixed the issue

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
see what happened there..

$99 may be a lot to most people but not Developers who recoup their money back by Developing apps, get it?

Makes sense when you look at it from this perspective. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
look i'm just gonna be honest here just so i do not sound like a hypocrite. i am not a Developer and i did register my UDID somewhere (ban hammer?)

but i am also smart enough to not go crying on public forums about "this or that" not working properly. it's BETA software, it is supposed to have bugs and monitoring software so it can be reported, corrected and fixed in the next build

however, i believe the iOS 5 and now 6 betas have been pretty stable so there should be minimal complaints :D

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
look i'm just gonna be honest here just so i do not sound like a hypocrite. i am not a Developer and i did register my UDID somewhere (ban hammer?)
I think the ban hammer comes out for those who are offering to give/buy/sell UDID slots.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

but i am also smart enough to not go crying on public forums about "this or that" not working properly. it's BETA software, it is supposed to have bugs and monitoring software so it can be reported, corrected and fixed in the next build

however, i believe the iOS 5 and now 6 betas have been pretty stable so there should be minimal complaints :D

Agreed i did the same but is my first time loading a beta and yes it kind of bugs me ( no pun intended ) that there's is bugs like my settings app freezing and I can't access certain settings but I know they will be fixed and with all the added features that i now have I must say I'm kinda liking it and I'm testing as much as possible to find issues so I can report them

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's a lot just to try out the new betas huh? I mean, I ain't even a developer, isn't there any workarounds to try it out? thanks for the reply..

and this is exactly why Apple's approach works... keeps the wrong people from running the betas... :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It's a lot like jailbreaking... any kind of tweaking is not for the faint of heart. In 99% of the cases, it all goes well... but there is always that chance that is will go south big time and fast. As has been stated many times over the years around here, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't - at least not until you understand what you're doing, what could go wrong and what you would do to recover.

I felt that same anguish when modding my BlackBerry Curve back in the day - admittedly I was in over my head... but I had good resources that I could go to to ask questions and get help. The same thing happened when I jailbroke my phone about 15 months ago. And again with the iOS 5 beta.

Apple has released the beta program primarily for developers to use to test their apps to make sure they work as the devs want them to work. Everything else is just gravy. But know what you're doing - understand the risks, and then go for it. I'm sure there are those who just have to have the latest and greatest, and to the beta software for bragging rights... but there are those among us who just enjoy "the rush", right BLiNK? :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's a lot like jailbreaking... any kind of tweaking is not for the faint of heart. In 99% of the cases, it all goes well... but there is always that chance that is will go south big time and fast. As has been stated many times over the years around here, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't - at least not until you understand what you're doing, what could go wrong and what you would do to recover.

I felt that same anguish when modding my BlackBerry Curve back in the day - admittedly I was in over my head... but I had good resources that I could go to to ask questions and get help. The same thing happened when I jailbroke my phone about 15 months ago. And again with the iOS 5 beta.

Apple has released the beta program primarily for developers to use to test their apps to make sure they work as the devs want them to work. Everything else is just gravy. But know what you're doing - understand the risks, and then go for it. I'm sure there are those who just have to have the latest and greatest, and to the beta software for bragging rights... but there are those among us who just enjoy "the rush", right BLiNK? :)

so very true, sir! some call it it a "rush" but i more refer to it as an obsession as well :) i am drinking the kool-aid heavily right now :D

also, found out last night that i can report bugs too. which makes it even better?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods