Has anybody installed iOS 6 yet?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the link. I think this is the route that I'm going to take. :)

I do have a few questions if someone knows the answers:

1) The link only speaks of developers, is this program also for people like myself who just want to test out the new iOS versions before they go live?

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have?

3) Is it easier to download the betas for iOS 6 as a developer than it would be if I did it by going through someone else?

4) Can I also use the beta iOS 6 on my iPad as well?

5) Does Apple send me a link to download the iTunes Beta to my computer. I believe I need this in order to install the beta?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i think i have to agree but as we all know the next one can take a different turn

That is true. Last year, Facetime was broke in beta and beta 4 had choppy scrolling. If my memory serves me correctly, the camera was broke in beta 2 of iOS4.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if you downgrade from the beta back to 5.1.1 if you'll be able to restore from a backup made while on the beta, so you can preserve texts, app data, etc?

my experience is no. you can take data from a lower version to a newer but not newer to an older (hope that makes sense haha)

someone please correct me if i am wrong

Reactions: mattster42

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

1) The link only speaks of developers, is this program also for people like myself who just want to test out the new iOS versions before they go live? --- The account is meant for devs but people will buy it just to beta test,

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have. --- Maybe. Genius bar are not trained to handle iOS 6. They will tell you not much they can do to help. Maybe they will attempt to get it back up but no gaurantees.

3) Is it easier to download the betas for iOS 6 as a developer than it would be if I did it by going through someone else? --- Dev portal is fast. External links are terribly slow.

4) Can I also use the beta iOS 6 on my iPad as well. --- yes as long as you register the UDID to the dev portal

5) Does Apple send me a link to download the iTunes Beta to my computer. I believe I need this in order to install the beta? --- You pay for it and Apple will respond in approx 24 with your dev account being authorized.

Thanks in advance.

answered above

Reactions: Eileen89

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The iTunes you need to put iOS 6 on is available to the public on the Apple site... there is no iTunes beta like there was with iOS 5.

Reactions: Eileen89

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Can any of you beta testers determine if any tweaks have been made to Reminders? Specifically, can you assign an "all day" to the due date.

TIA

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have?

Thanks in advance.

You are allowed two support incidents with Apple engineering. If you want more, you have to pay. A genius will not be useful. I don't even think they can talk to you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You are allowed two support incidents with Apple engineering. If you want more, you have to pay. A genius will not be useful. I don't even think they can talk to you.

I still have AppleCare+ on my 4S, so even if they can't answer questions, they should be able to swap it out should it not be serviceable.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
taking the plunge... installing now on my 4S...

but will probably hold off on my ipad3 just in case...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
taking the plunge... installing now on my 4S...

but will probably hold off on my ipad3 just in case...
Honestly, unless the future betas become garbage, you shouldn't be apprehensive installing this one. It's extremely solid.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Sincere apologies if this has been answered before. Can I upgrade from a beta version to a newer non beta version seamlessly.. That is either over the air or through iTunes without jumping through any hoops?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I still have AppleCare+ on my 4S, so even if they can't answer questions, they should be able to swap it out should it not be serviceable.

I would assume hardware wise yes. However YMMV. You could get a prick genius who says no because maybe the software caused a hardware issue, or you could one that says sure.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Sincere apologies if this has been answered before. Can I upgrade from a beta version to a newer non beta version seamlessly.. That is either over the air or through iTunes without jumping through any hoops?
What happened with iOS 5 was that I think up until maybe beta 3 or 4 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you had to download the IPSW and upgrade through iTunes and then restore your backup from a previous beta and then after that you could do it OTA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner