Has anybody installed iOS 6 yet?

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious or is it not legit and your messing with me? Lol I can't tell and I'm a noob. I don't jailbreak or root hell I have a nexus and its not even unlocked. I usually play it safe though I did always load leaked stuff on my blackberry cause they were impossible to brick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sorry for my next comment, but I've seen this too many times in the last 48 hours and it's starting to get on my nerves. If you aren't a developer and don't know how the process of restoring IPSWs, let alone beta versions of software onto your phone works you shouldn't be doing it. Is it that unbelievable that someone could take the IPSWs from the developer portal and upload it to an outside site? I'm only going to tell you this next part because I don't want to have to read a future thread by you titled "HELP I bricked my iPhone!!"... if your UDID isn't registered on the with the developer program with Apple you will not be able to load this onto your phone without bricking it. Once again sorry you're the one I unloaded on, but I've seen countless threads on numerous forums with people who clearly aren't developers and just want to be the first on the block with a beta, and 9/10 of them have no idea of the simplest parts of this process.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious or is it not legit and your messing with me? Lol I can't tell and I'm a noob. I don't jailbreak or root hell I have a nexus and its not even unlocked. I usually play it safe though I did always load leaked stuff on my blackberry cause they were impossible to brick

The iOS beta releases are not intended for a self-described "noob" - - And I would treat ANY offer of getting a beta iOS that sends you to youtube to be a red-flag. #justsayin

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How does one become a legitimate beta tester through Apple? I want to test iOS 6 out for myself. Don't care if I lose my jailbreak for it.

Please PM me if it can't be discussed here. Thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
How does one become a legitimate beta tester through Apple? I want to test iOS 6 out for myself. Don't care if I lose my jailbreak for it.

Please PM me if it can't be discussed here. Thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Just sign up for the iOS Developer Program

CBCstillmatic

May 2, 2012
Visit site
OK ouch....that's why I asked. It looked easy enough but I was unsure as I normally don't mess with that stuff. I appreciate the warnings and will stay away. I never jail broke my iPhone or rooted my nexus in fear of "bricking" my phone somehow but was always encouraged to try it out cause you gotta start somewhere. This seamed the same and looked pretty simple with a few steps but if I can royally jack something then I won't bother.

Just figured since I wasn't born with the instant knowledge needed to do these tasks I could ask here and start to get my feet wet and learn a little. Guess I didn't realize the magnitude of the difficulty of messing with this stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Camera+ is working for me... Maybe reboot? If that doesn't work delete and reinstall?

the workability of Camera+ works fine. however, when i try to add a photo for editing it is not working like before

try this: Camera+ > Lightbox > select the + to add a photo [i get a No Access screen]

let me know if you get the same. thanks

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
the workability of Camera+ works fine. however, when i try to add a photo for editing it is not working like before

try this: Camera+ > Lightbox > select the + to add a photo [i get a No Access screen]

let me know if you get the same. thanks
Works fine for me... didn't try and save it, but I was able to edit pictures from Lightbox. I usually don't ever edit photos other than in Instagram, but it did work for me.

curtis8523

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
So here are some impressions on iOS 6

Contacts:
  1. Facebook integration is great, but I wish I could set it to only compare all my current contacts and not pull all of them from FB.
  2. I would like to merge/match contacts manualy, and I want delete FB contacts.

Maps:
  1. Give the iPhone 4 navigation.
  2. Give the iPhone 4 3D

FB Integration:
  1. give me the status of an update when I do it from the pull down.

There will be more to come this is just a small list for now.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Works fine for me... didn't try and save it, but I was able to edit pictures from Lightbox. I usually don't ever edit photos other than in Instagram, but it did work for me.

weird. i deleted my Camera+ app and reinstalled-same results as before

mattster42

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if you downgrade from the beta back to 5.1.1 if you'll be able to restore from a backup made while on the beta, so you can preserve texts, app data, etc?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal