Has anybody installed iOS 6 yet?

cdelauz02

Mar 31, 2006
Visit site
As the title reads, has anybody installed iOS 6 yet? If so whats have you noticed in the short hours of having it installed?

Thanks!

@cdelauz

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I want to do it but I want to be sure I can downgrade if needed.

If you have it are all your apps still working?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
been running it for about 3 hours now and i cannot believe this is a beta. it's runs very smooth so far

and... Full Screen Safari web browsing! Yes!

still looking thru everything..

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
been running it for about 3 hours now and i cannot believe this is a beta. it's runs very smooth so far

and... Full Screen Safari web browsing! Yes!

still looking thru everything..
I know right?! I can't believe that not only is this a beta, but a first beta! I have had no issues with apps so far and like it was said before Maps is incredible!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I want to do it but I want to be sure I can downgrade if needed.

Put the phone in DFU mode and downgrade. However you will have the new beta baseband firmware and I believe carrier profile and whatever bugs come with that. So yeah..........

Oh and I will be updating tomorrow to iOS 6.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Put the phone in DFU mode and downgrade. However you will have the new beta baseband firmware and I believe carrier profile and whatever bugs come with that. So yeah..........

Oh and I will be updating tomorrow to iOS 6.

At what point should we not be able to downgrade from the betas?

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
how do i get the beta and is it free
It's for developers only in order to make apps for the OS... You can pay $99 for the year of developer access, but I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't developing.

EDIT: I thought I had my first app bug with the Starbucks app crashing and showing multiple cards when I only have one, but a quick refresh of the cards solved the problem. Still very much impressed with this build!

cdelauz02

Mar 31, 2006
Visit site
It's for developers only in order to make apps for the OS... You can pay $99 for the year of developer access, but I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't developing.

EDIT: I thought I had my first app bug with the Starbucks app crashing and showing multiple cards when I only have one, but a quick refresh of the cards solved the problem. Still very much impressed with this build!

Did you upgrade or install as new?

D

Deleted member 233079

it's awesome!

The Maps feature is amazing! In love.

And for all the haters in the comments, it totally does still do transit and pedestrian like google maps did!

I want to get the Passbook working, I wish Starbucks would get on that! lol.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Just installed it nothing special besides maps.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
Siri is way better now and actually something I would use on a regular basis... that's saying something considering how useless I thought Siri was 24 hours ago. iOS 6 is making me rethink how useless some features were... Photo Stream being one of them now with shared photo streams.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
How is fb integration and FaceTime on 3G ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Facebook integration is very similar to how Twitter integration was handled and still is with iOS 5... nothing groundbreaking, but good for making quick statuses or posting something quickly. Haven't used FaceTime on 3G yet, but I can imagine it's going to be a killer on your data plan. It does seem a little fishy to me that as soon as the major carriers are trying to find ways to knock people off of the unlimited data plans they made FaceTime available on their data...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR