Has anybody installed iOS 6 yet?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What happened with iOS 5 was that I think up until maybe beta 3 or 4 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you had to download the IPSW and upgrade through iTunes and then restore your backup from a previous beta and then after that you could do it OTA.

Yeah, I remember that restriction... don't recall which beta it was... good catch - I had forgotten about that.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been enjoying it since day one. I did a restore and didn't get any of my apps. As I install all my apps, my logins and settings are restored and don't have to be re-entered or changed.

Wasn't groundbreaking, but I'm excited about the new features. Inserting pics was always easy for me, but you'd be surprised at how hard it is for some to copy and paste in to email using the app switcher.

Turn by turn and using SIRI to open apps are my two favorite features. I guess since they added turn by turn, they had to call it iOS6.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I still have AppleCare+ on my 4S, so even if they can't answer questions, they should be able to swap it out should it not be serviceable.
If the policy is the same, they won't/can't/shouldn't assist you if you have a beta OS installed. I remember I bricked my device once and when trying to restore, the screen of the iPhone would blink a certain color, which let them know that installed a beta OS.

I had to escalate through corporate to get the approval.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying it since day one. I did a restore and didn't get any of my apps. As I install all my apps, my logins and settings are restored and don't have to be re-entered or changed.

Wasn't groundbreaking, but I'm excited about the new features. Inserting pics was always easy for me, but you'd be surprised at how hard it is for some to copy and paste in to email using the app switcher.

Turn by turn and using SIRI to open apps are my two favorite features. I guess since they added turn by turn, they had to call it iOS6.
I agree, so far nice, I am doing a restore of my apps, however it is putting stuff in the wrong place, so not sure it used the most recent back up, but that is minor I will delete what I don't want and update what I do want from iCloud. Looking to play a bit tomorrow as the restore of apps is taking forever, should have done the iCloud restore instead of iTunes.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i did a restore from icloud... everything seems to work perfectly... all my apps re-downloaded, all my folders are there, and all in the same order... i don't even need to shuffle anything around! THAT is sweet!!!

so far so good...iOS 6 is awesome!!

dare I say it's more stable in beta form, than ICS 4.0.4 is as an official release! :D (i have both... GNex w/ ICS days are numbered.... lol)

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that the next beta (2) will be available OTA. Since iOS 5 first introduced OTA updates, maybe they hadn't made it ready until beta 2 or beta 3. But now since it's pretty much stable, iOS 6 beta 2 will be available OTA when it comes out? :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking that the next beta (2) will be available OTA. Since iOS 5 first introduced OTA updates, maybe they hadn't made it ready until beta 2 or beta 3. But now since it's pretty much stable, iOS 6 beta 2 will be available OTA when it comes out? :D

you could think that but lets face it, it's Apple. i just continue to drink the kool-aid

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you forward calendar events?

Could I PLEASE get someone who's got iOS 6 to check to see if it's now possible to forward a calendar entry? It's been a huge PITA for us business users on Exchange who get a meeting invite and then can't forward that calendar event to anyone!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Could I PLEASE get someone who's got iOS 6 to check to see if it's now possible to forward a calendar entry? It's been a huge PITA for us business users on Exchange who get a meeting invite and then can't forward that calendar event to anyone!

Explain the process and I can try.

BVBArmy

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Was just thinking 'Oh, I might upgrade my iPod today!', then I remembered I no longer had a iPod because it had been stolen :( When will shop bought iPods start automatically coming out with iOS 6 so I don't have to bother with doing it myself do you think?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Was just thinking 'Oh, I might upgrade my iPod today!', then I remembered I no longer had a iPod because it had been stolen :( When will shop bought iPods start automatically coming out with iOS 6 so I don't have to bother with doing it myself do you think?

It won't be for several months yet... this is the first beta - and it's very doubtful that the iOS 6 will be available before iPhone 5 shows up - probably in the October time frame... then you have to allow for devices "in the pipe" that will be sold after the launch with iOS 5 installed... I'd guess that you would definitely see the new (existing) devices with iOS 6 around the first of November if we get a mid-October release of the iPhone5 / iOS 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro