Yeah,that's what I thought.How about apps like facebook,twitter,instagram etc.?
    working great for me
    06-12-2012 12:41 PM
    Camera+ is working for me... Maybe reboot? If that doesn't work delete and reinstall?
    the workability of Camera+ works fine. however, when i try to add a photo for editing it is not working like before

try this: Camera+ > Lightbox > select the + to add a photo [i get a No Access screen]

let me know if you get the same. thanks
    06-12-2012 12:45 PM
    the workability of Camera+ works fine. however, when i try to add a photo for editing it is not working like before

try this: Camera+ > Lightbox > select the + to add a photo [i get a No Access screen]

let me know if you get the same. thanks
    Works fine for me... didn't try and save it, but I was able to edit pictures from Lightbox. I usually don't ever edit photos other than in Instagram, but it did work for me.
    06-12-2012 12:54 PM
    So here are some impressions on iOS 6

Contacts:
    1. Facebook integration is great, but I wish I could set it to only compare all my current contacts and not pull all of them from FB.
    2. I would like to merge/match contacts manualy, and I want delete FB contacts.

Maps:
    1. Give the iPhone 4 navigation.
    2. Give the iPhone 4 3D

FB Integration:
    1. give me the status of an update when I do it from the pull down.

There will be more to come this is just a small list for now.
    06-12-2012 01:19 PM
    Works fine for me... didn't try and save it, but I was able to edit pictures from Lightbox. I usually don't ever edit photos other than in Instagram, but it did work for me.
    weird. i deleted my Camera+ app and reinstalled-same results as before
    06-12-2012 01:42 PM
    Just sign up for the iOS Developer Program
    Thanks, Tim. Is there a link to the Developer program where I can sign up?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    06-12-2012 02:04 PM
    Is there a link to the Developer program where I can sign up?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/
    Eileen89 likes this.
    06-12-2012 02:20 PM
    This is the best beta I've ever seen from apple... I hope this is a sign of great things to come.
    06-12-2012 03:48 PM
    This is the best beta I've ever seen from apple... I hope this is a sign of great things to come.
    i think i have to agree but as we all know the next one can take a different turn
    06-12-2012 04:05 PM
    Does anyone know if you downgrade from the beta back to 5.1.1 if you'll be able to restore from a backup made while on the beta, so you can preserve texts, app data, etc?
    06-12-2012 04:05 PM
    Thank you for the link. I think this is the route that I'm going to take.

I do have a few questions if someone knows the answers:

1) The link only speaks of developers, is this program also for people like myself who just want to test out the new iOS versions before they go live?

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have?

3) Is it easier to download the betas for iOS 6 as a developer than it would be if I did it by going through someone else?

4) Can I also use the beta iOS 6 on my iPad as well?

5) Does Apple send me a link to download the iTunes Beta to my computer. I believe I need this in order to install the beta?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 06-12-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    06-12-2012 04:07 PM
    i think i have to agree but as we all know the next one can take a different turn
    That is true. Last year, Facetime was broke in beta and beta 4 had choppy scrolling. If my memory serves me correctly, the camera was broke in beta 2 of iOS4.
    06-12-2012 04:07 PM
    Does anyone know if you downgrade from the beta back to 5.1.1 if you'll be able to restore from a backup made while on the beta, so you can preserve texts, app data, etc?
    my experience is no. you can take data from a lower version to a newer but not newer to an older (hope that makes sense haha)

someone please correct me if i am wrong
    mattster42 likes this.
    06-12-2012 04:08 PM

1) The link only speaks of developers, is this program also for people like myself who just want to test out the new iOS versions before they go live? --- The account is meant for devs but people will buy it just to beta test,

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have. --- Maybe. Genius bar are not trained to handle iOS 6. They will tell you not much they can do to help. Maybe they will attempt to get it back up but no gaurantees.

3) Is it easier to download the betas for iOS 6 as a developer than it would be if I did it by going through someone else? --- Dev portal is fast. External links are terribly slow.

4) Can I also use the beta iOS 6 on my iPad as well. --- yes as long as you register the UDID to the dev portal

5) Does Apple send me a link to download the iTunes Beta to my computer. I believe I need this in order to install the beta? --- You pay for it and Apple will respond in approx 24 with your dev account being authorized.

Thanks in advance.
    answered above
    Eileen89 and Fausty82 like this.
    06-12-2012 04:15 PM
    WOW, that was quick. Thanks, Garz!
    06-12-2012 04:22 PM
    The iTunes you need to put iOS 6 on is available to the public on the Apple site... there is no iTunes beta like there was with iOS 5.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    06-12-2012 05:16 PM
    The iTunes you need to put iOS 6 on is available to the public on the Apple site... there is no iTunes beta like there was with iOS 5.
    Is iTunes 10.6.3 the correct version that I need? This is the one I'm installing now.
    06-12-2012 05:26 PM
    Is iTunes 10.6.3 the correct version that I need? This is the one I'm installing now.
    yes .......
    06-12-2012 05:26 PM
    Can any of you beta testers determine if any tweaks have been made to Reminders? Specifically, can you assign an "all day" to the due date.

TIA
    06-12-2012 06:43 PM

2 ) Am I correct in assuming that if I have any problems and I brick my iPhone, Apple will assist me in fixing any issues that I have?

Thanks in advance.
    You are allowed two support incidents with Apple engineering. If you want more, you have to pay. A genius will not be useful. I don't even think they can talk to you.
    06-12-2012 06:54 PM
    You are allowed two support incidents with Apple engineering. If you want more, you have to pay. A genius will not be useful. I don't even think they can talk to you.
    I thought that's what the forums were for.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    06-12-2012 07:21 PM
    I still have AppleCare+ on my 4S, so even if they can't answer questions, they should be able to swap it out should it not be serviceable.
    06-12-2012 07:41 PM
    taking the plunge... installing now on my 4S...

but will probably hold off on my ipad3 just in case...
    06-12-2012 08:26 PM
    taking the plunge... installing now on my 4S...

but will probably hold off on my ipad3 just in case...
    Honestly, unless the future betas become garbage, you shouldn't be apprehensive installing this one. It's extremely solid.
    06-12-2012 08:29 PM
    Quick question. Sincere apologies if this has been answered before. Can I upgrade from a beta version to a newer non beta version seamlessly.. That is either over the air or through iTunes without jumping through any hoops?
    06-12-2012 08:34 PM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD