IOS6 new features.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Apple is saying that there are over 200 new features in ios6 but only listed a few. I am hoping people will post them as they become known. I am not asking anyone to break their NDA but there are always leaks.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple is saying that there are over 200 new features in ios6 but only listed a few. I am hoping people will post them as they become known. I am not asking anyone to break their NDA but there are always leaks.

I don't think the developers have NDA( well maybe the real developers do) but the ones who just pay the $99 to be able to have the beta's I am sure will have no problem telling what is new just like some were letting normal users on their developer lines to use betas.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks god they do not allow large downloads the iPhone uses tones of data as is lol

No one can satisfy everyone we just have to live with it I guess

Sent using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks god they do not allow large downloads the iPhone uses tones of data as is lol

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah. Because the iPhone shouldn't be using any data at all. :rolleyes:

They really stepped it out with this update. They've just gone full force with this one.

The sole thing missing was the big Update/overhaul of iTunes/App Store.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Sent using Tapatalk

The iphone uses less data than android devices it has been shown time and time again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I love how it says it is easy to update the phone wirelessly, yet you will need wifi to download and install it since apple has that stupid restriction and does not allow large downloads over cellular networks.

If they were to allow the update over the cell network, you'd be here grousing about how they let people burn through their data caps downloading and update...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If they were to allow the update over the cell network, you'd be here grousing about how they let people burn through their data caps downloading and update...

I have unlimited data so no I am good. Your argument goes out the window since they allow facetime over cellular network which uses much more data than an update would:p

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
The iphone uses less data than android devices it has been shown time and time again.

True but I do the same with my iPhone as I used to do on my bb and it uses 2 to 3 times more data. But I do not care as I need the iPhone for access to exchange so I chose it. IOS 6 looks interesting. Not sure if I'll update though

Sent using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
True but I do the same with my iPhone as I used to do on my bb and it uses 2 to 3 times more data. But I do not care as I need the iPhone for access to exchange so I chose it. IOS 6 looks interesting. Not sure if I'll update though

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah well bb were so painfully slow I can see why you would use more data with an iphone compared to a bb.

VRadley

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you think you can turn off the "sync Facebook friends with your contact book and events with calendar" option with the new level integration? I know I'd rather like to keep Facebook and my phone/computer somewhat separate, so will there be a list of thinks that you can choose to sync or not, like you do when you set up a new email account?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you think you can turn off the "sync Facebook friends with your contact book and events with calendar" option with the new level integration? I know I'd rather like to keep Facebook and my phone/computer somewhat separate, so will there be a list of thinks that you can choose to sync or not, like you do when you set up a new email account?

I would assume you would be able to choose if you want to sync or not.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah well bb were so painfully slow I can see why you would use more data with an iphone compared to a bb.

Haha I hear ya but I wouldn't go that far when comparing the bold 9900 with my 4s I actually feel like the bold is much faster. Still love my iPhone. Like I said before no company is going to make everyone happy you have to weigh your needs and pick the device that works for you.

Sent using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha I hear ya but I wouldn't go that far when comparing the bold 9900 with my 4s I actually feel like the bold is much faster. Still love my iPhone. Like I said before no company is going to make everyone happy you have to weigh your needs and pick the device that works for you.

Sent using Tapatalk

When I left the BB platform in 2009, the browser was almost unusable... no "webkit" browser was available on the BB... given the browser that we had to work with, I avoided using the web on it at all cost. And most of the apps were designed to use minimal data - I think I averaged less than 200MB/momth at the time... but we've come a long way since then!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I left the BB platform in 2009, the browser was almost unusable... no "webkit" browser was available on the BB... given the browser that we had to work with, I avoided using the web on it at all cost. And most of the apps were designed to use minimal data - I think I averaged less than 200MB/momth at the time... but we've come a long way since then!

The last Blackberry I owned was the original Bold (9000) and although I loved that device, the browser, as you pointed out, was almost unusable. Of course, I made use of what I had, but the devices since the 9000 just wasn't cutting it, in my opinion. RIM's attempt to go after the mainstream was by trying to create cute devices instead of competing with the advancements associated with Android & Apple, again, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711