IOS6 new features.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Darn. It doesn't make any sense. Especially since you can't put Newsstand in a folder without a glitch. I'd say more people don't use Newsstand than those that do. Or at least not enough to have it in your home screen and not in a folder.

I don't use stocks, compass, newsstand, or game center.

i agree and it does not work well if you like to keep only ONE page of apps, which i used to do when i was jailbroken because i could hide Newsstand easily

now, i have 3 pages and have just put it on the last page

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You guys must suffer from OCD very badly...

Just drag the stuff you don't use and can't delete to the last page and never swipe to that page....

Done.

Reactions: ptb127

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what?? no mention of the fact that you can now add videos or photos while composing an email???

people should be celebrating in the streets!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the OS have a feature to be able to send group texts without a 3rd party app. In other words, if I click on something, and choose the option to SMS, and want to send to a pre-determined group of people, then I would like to choose that group with one click and not choose group and then pick each person separately. Google has groups in it's contacts, but they will not transfer to IOS to do what I am talking about.
Even with the 3rd party apps, I have to copy and paste, which should not be necessary.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LOL this was mentioned in the keynote so...

i meant in this thread or anywhere in this forum. people's heads would pop off every time there's a decent update and Apple did not make it happen

but i guess there's only a few of us, here, using the beta. but still

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you being sarcastic or just trolling? (I can't bring myself to believe that you are serious.)

I apologize to everyone if I've just "fed the troll". I'm quite new here and don't yet know who's who. I also apologize to motoleo if you are not trolling and I've just offended you.

Someone said that it's a "good thing" that the iPhone should not be able to do large downloads over celluar. I disagree!

It's not a phone, it's an iPhone! We're supposed to be using data! That's what it's for!

Should we all just buy iPod touches?? :confused:

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Someone said that it's a "good thing" that the iPhone should not be able to do large downloads over celluar. I disagree!

It's not a phone, it's an iPhone! We're supposed to be using data! That's what it's for!

Should we all just buy iPod touches?? :confused:

So now I'm curious... do you think the recent data plans are a good thing? Someone downloading a 1GB game on their 200MB plan would just be plain irresponsible of Apple and the carrier.

I kinda hear you siding with the carriers so they can make more money.

Download limits, like the government, are a necessary evil.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So now I'm curious... do you think the recent data plans are a good thing? Someone downloading a 1GB game on their 200MB plan would just be plain irresponsible of Apple and the carrier.

I kinda hear you siding with the carriers so they can make more money.

Download limits, like the government, are a necessary evil.

No one should be on a 200 megabyte plan. It should only come in Gigabytes and soon Terabytes. We're part of a data revolution where carriers have to determine the value of a megabyte, which is different than it once was.

Smartphones came all too soon for the carriers and they aren't in the 21st century. Talk about carriers can't handle all the data coming in with smartphones. That to me, doesn't make sense, you're a carrier, you're supposed to provide data at affordable prices.

It's crazy. They're focusing on 4G, which gets slowed down to 2G after you've used enough, which defeats the purpose, 4G should just be 4G... when they should be focusing on expanding their data services for availability in the future. Make data cheap. Between the throttling, and high prices, it's just not worth it these days.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
One new feature that comes with FB integration, the persons FB Jabber address is now in contacts as "instant messaging" (i.e, userx@chat.facebook.com). I see apple allowing Messages app to IM FB users in the future. Just like the messages app on the Mac. If this expanded to Yahoo I would have no reason to use BeeJive anymore.

Now that I think of it, Skype integration would have been kick ass on the iPhone... wishful thinking.

Also regarding FB integration, FB calendar is now synced with Calendar. You get birthdays and events. If they allow you to post directly to a persons Timeline via Contacts, then Occasions app will be redundant. Right now with Occasions, you can send a person birthday wishes on their timeline directly from the app. Apple should incorporate this as well. I do like being able to see FB birthdays in Notification Center.

One thing I dont like about FB integration, you dont get a full screen contact photo, only the small thumbnail when a person calls. But on the plus side, it does sync when a person changes their FB photo. Nice.

With over 600 FB friends/associates, and over 200 contacts, I did end up with a lot of dups in contacts. However, those where the names matched exactly became linked cards. You also have the ability to Link those that dont automatically match.

Overall, I'm liking the FB integration, I'm not a big FB user but a user none the less. Looking forward to things to come.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
For your issue with FB sync only syncing a small thumbnail, try SmartSync in the AppStore. I'm still on 5.1.1 ATM (6.0 was too buggy for me, and it's still in beta so I'll try it again the next beta), but it syncs a full picture. It is a paid app though, but its still really good :) Its probably one of the apps that will be killed my iOS 6 though, since FB integration is on its way

Reactions: Dryland

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It ain't fair that us 3GS users won't be getting the full monty

are you saying that apple should limit the new iOS releases only to support the older hardware and have it be on par with the new hardware? unfortunately, as hardware progresses, so does the software, and at some point, older hardware has to give...

would you prefer having all the funcationality be it being slower than sh!t? i think at least Apple is at least trying to support older hardware as much as possible... 3GS is already 2 gens old, soon to be 3 (3GS>4>4S>5)... for it to even get iOS 6 is pretty damn cool of Apple... something the Android hardware makers wouldn't even dream of supporting (aka 3 generation old hardware)...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I would like to see the OS have a feature to be able to send group texts without a 3rd party app. In other words, if I click on something, and choose the option to SMS, and want to send to a pre-determined group of people, then I would like to choose that group with one click and not choose group and then pick each person separately. Google has groups in it's contacts, but they will not transfer to IOS to do what I am talking about.
Even with the 3rd party apps, I have to copy and paste, which should not be necessary.

Amen to that, pappy.

Good Luck

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It ain't fair that us 3GS users won't be getting the full monty

My daughter uses my old 3GS and I do believe it is fair. Think about it for a sec. Would you really want to do a full OS upgrade on a 3 or 4 year old device knowing that the hardwear wouldn't be enough to support it and could possibly even cripple it? There's a reason why Apple doesn't do full OS updates on older handsets.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to ios6 as well. For me the question will be witch beta do I begin with ;) as with the last few betas the later versions worked very well. I just came back from android yesterday (htc one x) and missed the uniformity that the iOS experience represents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73