Well, there is always IOS7 to look forward too.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Boring. Disappointing. Facebook integration is nothing new, it's just bringing back something that was developed (and should have been included) long ago. Maps, sure it uses Apple's maps now but it's basically the same functionality as far as I'm concerned, couldn't care less. Turn-by-turn, not something I'll use and I already had "an app for that."

Kind of sucks that the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the DND function.

I also like the fact you won't be taken out of the app store when you download/upgrade but IMO it should have been like that all long.

I don't remember what it was like in the past but hopefully they'll introduce a major new feature or two closer to or at launch.

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Been an iPhone user/family since 3G but like many of you am BORED with the STALE UI!

With no meaningful UI changes on the horizon, the 4S may have been our last iOS device.

Apple is now treating users like children that are incapable of customizing their own home screens.

Time to move on.:mad:

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Not very exciting

Let me preface this with: I was, and still am, a complete webOS fanboy. However, seeing as there isn't any new webOS hardware on the horizon, I was ready to make the jump to iOS6/iPhone5. Android is a mess (I have CM9 on my Touchpad), and I'm not that interested in BB10 (maybe I should be). I've been using WindowsPhone for the last 7 months and it is BORING. It's just not fun to use. The email is leagues beyond any other mobile email, but other than that, it sucks. So, I was really hoping to be wowed by iOS6. What a let-down. Nearly everything they showed off could have been accomplished with an app. The rest has been part of every other mobile OS since PalmOS. In fact, iOS UI reminds me of PalmOS.

So, now I'm not so sure I want to enter the world of Apple. I really wanted to see some significant multitasking and notification updates. The ONLY thing I saw from iOS6 that was even a blip on the usefulness radar was the ability to add email attachments from the compose screen. No updates to file system for documents/photos was also a big let-down.

Maybe I'll just dust off the ol' Pre2 and wait until iOS6/iPhone5 gets a jailbreak.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That's the major difference between a "closed" system (Apple) and an "open" system (Microsoft). But eventually, even Microsoft stops supporting the old stuff.

So then Apple computers are locked down? No.

Microsoft may stop supporting but never-ever make it so you can't use it.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Been an iPhone user/family since 3G but like many of you am BORED with the STALE UI!

With no meaningful UI changes on the horizon, the 4S may have been our last iOS device.

Apple is now treating users like children that are incapable of customizing their own home screens.

bye, do not let the door hit you on the way out

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think some people here are missing the point. yes, of course jailbreakers had these things eons ago but not the "average" iPhone user which are the ones who are the majority of sales every year

they could care less if you had "Pull to Refresh" 5 years ago. all they care about, and should, is the fact that they will be getting it in a few months and they do not have to tinker with their device either

i also think when you get all of us "techy" peeps together in one place then it just becomes a pissing match between Team Pure and Team JB. believable it or not the majority of iPhone users DO NOT CARE! lets just lay our wieners on a table and get it over with! :D

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
i also think when you get all of us "techy" peeps together in one place then it just becomes a pissing match between Team Pure and Team JB. believable it or not the majority of iPhone users DO NOT CARE! lets just lay our wieners on a table and get it over with! :D

LOL. We're gonna need a big table!

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I used to think the same thing... then I went and got an Android (Galaxy Nexus)... after about 3 weeks I'm back on my 4S and realized once the novelty of something "new" wore off, nothing beats the iOS user experience...

Galaxy Nexus for sale soon... ;)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me preface this with: I was, and still am, a complete webOS fanboy.

And I stopped reading after that. You needn't say more. :)

There's always... Windows Phones. :D

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I like my iPhone because of all the apps, speed, and stability. And because of jailbreak, I don't even care what the ui is, because you can change it up and get what you want. Dream board is pretty cool, and I have the os7 revive theme on my phone. Im very satisfied.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I hear you, what a joke, are they sure this wasn't 5.2??

How do they expect to keep up with the competition?

They didn't update the ui one bit, still the same stale and dated rows of dead icons, no widgets, no notification icon, nada..

Oh but if you don't have a job and sit around posting crap on Facebook all day you're set.

It feels like more and more Apple is turning the iPhone into a dumbphone, nothing they added helps my job at all, the Galaxy 3 looks like it's got ten years on the iPhone with its stuck in 07 OS.:eek:

I just wish the Galaxy 3 wasn't so big, I want something thats a really good phone but inbetween the GS3 and Iphone size :p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the Galaxy 3 wasn't so big, I want something thats a really good phone but inbetween the GS3 and Iphone size :p

Sounds to me like you just described the upcoming 4" iPhone 5, or whatever Apple plans on calling it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
All you who are critical over the lack of perceived advancement in the iOS UI, what the heck do you all want Apple to do here? I'm all for a UI change if it works better. What's going to do that? If you all have any ideas, I'm all ears. Otherwise I don't know what you guys even want.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All you who are critical over the lack of perceived advancement in the iOS UI, what the heck do you all want Apple to do here? I'm all for a UI change if it works better. What's going to do that? If you all have any ideas, I'm all ears. Otherwise I don't know what you guys even want.

There are more than enough threads on this board that will answer this question for you. In short, I'll take more customization than what Apple currently allows, which isn't very much. ;)

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Reactions: redbeard

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably one of the reasons Apple doesn't have all the wiz-bang on the home screens like Android does is because of battery life. Once battery tech catches up with what these newer devices can do, I think you will see an iOS revamp that includes the visual eye candy.

Be honest, when you have custom Winterboard themes or vWallpaper live wallpapers running, your battery life sux.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Probably one of the reasons Apple doesn't have all the wiz-bang on the home screens like Android does is because of battery life. Once battery tech catches up with what these newer devices can do, I think you will see an iOS revamp that includes the visual eye candy.

Be honest, when you have custom Winterboard themes or vWallpaper live wallpapers running, your battery life sux.

Apple should at least give iPhone users the option to install "wiz-bang" widgets and wallpapers without having to jailbreak their devices. Just because you have access to these items doesn't mean you have to use them if you don't want to. Choice, choice, choice. It all comes down to choice.

Sent from somewhere

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Not on the RAZR maxx with lte on it still outlast the iPhone on its slow 3g.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple should at least give iPhone users the option to install "wiz-bang" widgets and wallpapers without having to jailbreak their devices. Just because you have access to these items doesn't mean you have to use them if you don't want to. Choice, choice, choice. It all comes down to choice.

Sent from somewhere

The only choice you have with apple is black or white and 8,16,32, or 64gig

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2