Well, there is always IOS7 to look forward too.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Was really hoping to see something fundamentally different. More incremental upgrades to existing functions. Too bad.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Was really hoping to see something fundamentally different. More incremental upgrades to existing functions. Too bad.

That's the apple way. They aren't going to change the look, then they wouldn't be able to try and sue Samsung if they did. Funny the 3gs and 4 are getting watered down versions, can't really say anything about android although their updates are slow, when they get an update they get all the features for that said update.iOS 6 coming to older iPhone and iPad models, but not with all of its features

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I hear you, what a joke, are they sure this wasn't 5.2??

How do they expect to keep up with the competition?

They didn't update the ui one bit, still the same stale and dated rows of dead icons, no widgets, no notification icon, nada..

Oh but if you don't have a job and sit around posting crap on Facebook all day you're set.

It feels like more and more Apple is turning the iPhone into a dumbphone, nothing they added helps my job at all, the Galaxy 3 looks like it's got ten years on the iPhone with its stuck in 07 OS.:eek:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
That's the apple way. They aren't going to change the look, then they wouldn't be able to try and sue Samsung if they did. Funny the 3gs and 4 are getting watered down versions, can't really say anything about android although their updates are slow, when they get an update they get all the features for that said update.iOS 6 coming to older iPhone and iPad models, but not with all of its features

Well they needed to change the look, and its really pathetic when you consider the only new feature coming to older devices is Facebook integration, I mean damn, even my lowest negative nancy expectations thought there would be more than this!! This should have been nothing more than a point release. Good thing is the Galaxy 3 with it's way way more advanced OS comes out next month, no need to wait for October for a 4S with a new maps app..

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They will get the new maps but without 2 of the features .. Turn by turn and fly over

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They will get the new maps but without 2 of the features .. Turn by turn and fly over

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Oh that makes sense then. Idk why they can't get turn by turn, I mean even basic android phones with same or lesser specs can run turn by turn nav on android.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There will be features we don't know about yet just like with iOS 5 and Siri. When the new iPhone comes out they will have something extra.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There will be features we don't know about yet just like with iOS 5 and Siri. When the new iPhone comes out they will have something extra.

Yeah but those extra features aren't IOS6 just like siri wasn't IOS5. it will be something that only that iphone gets( for the time being anyway) to try and give incentive to buy the new iphone.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
They aren't reinventing themselves.

This is iOS 6. This is what the new iPhone will ship with. They didn't do too much with Siri, so people weren't too excited by that. But this was a nice solid upgrade, a must-have.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh that makes sense then. Idk why they can't get turn by turn, I mean even basic android phones with same or lesser specs can run turn by turn nav on android.

Not to mention even the first iPhone is capable of running rurn by turn GPS, this is just this year's Siri, gotta buy a new phone to use it if you don't have a 4S.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They aren't reinventing themselves.

This is iOS 6. This is what the new iPhone will ship with. They didn't do too much with Siri, so people weren't too excited by that. But this was a nice solid upgrade, a must-have.

Adding features that were in android. Can't wait to see how they market it and try to sue android for using many of these for years.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention even the first iPhone is capable of running rurn by turn GPS, this is just this year's Siri, gotta buy a new phone to use it if you don't have a 4S.

I'm surprised they put it on the 4s. I mean unless the new iphone really has something special many would see the cheaper 4s with the majority same features and get that.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm fine with the updates. I'm sure the rest of the iOS 6 features will drop with the iphone 5 or be iphone 5 only. I'm ok with that since i always upgrade.

To be honest though, the event today was zzzzz til iOS 6 part. I could care less about hearing about Macs & OSX (ML was already previewed previously) in that much detail. They could have went over itunes, apple tv, icloud updates, etc.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

It better be huge then, like iPhone 5 only new UI, widgets, and the kitchen sink, cause right now Apple is looking like the next Blackberry.. Actually maybe not, BB10 looks really good, iOS 6 looks like iOS 1:eek:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised they put it on the 4s. I mean unless the new iphone really has something special many would see the cheaper 4s with the majority same features and get that.

You're right, I don't even see why the new one would need a bigger screen now, for what? Maybe it'll keep the same screen size?

Might as well get a cheap 4S in the fall off contract if you really want to stay with Apple.

The jailbreak devs must be happy, there's no shortage of stuff for them to make money on since Apple refuses to innovate with the iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It better be huge then, like iPhone 5 only new UI, widgets, and the kitchen sink, cause right now Apple is looking like the next Blackberry.. Actually maybe not, BB10 looks really good, iOS 6 looks like iOS 1:eek:

lol, i think the entire time i have been a member here you have done nothing except for complain about the iPhone/iOS

surely you had an opportunity, or two, during that time to leave yet here you are. put your money where your mouth is, that will show them?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox