Well, there is always IOS7 to look forward too.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
But Android doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple has. I mean, where's Android's laptops and notebooks? Well the icons kind of have to be "static" I mean it's an icon. The fact that the weather app says 73 degrees didn't anything to be mad about.

except IOS is different than what is on their laptops and notebooks, and if all apple has to say is the ecosystem, well that doesn't really do much for those that do not need to have everything from one company or OS. Still not really that advanced no matter how much you defend it.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
But Android doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple has. I mean, where's Android's laptops and notebooks? Well the icons kind of have to be "static" I mean it's an icon. The fact that the weather app says 73 degrees didn't anything to be mad about.

And that's why Microsoft has a chance with the new Xbox/phone/tablet/computer integration in Windows 8. Maybe apple will be #3 by 2015 after all.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's the apple way. They aren't going to change the look, then they wouldn't be able to try and sue Samsung if they did. Funny the 3gs and 4 are getting watered down versions, can't really say anything about android although their updates are slow, when they get an update they get all the features for that said update.iOS 6 coming to older iPhone and iPad models, but not with all of its features
As long as people keep buying into Apples "It just works" BS, they'll never change as there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so.

iOS 6, what a joke! :rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
As long as people keep buying into Apples "It just works" BS, they'll never change as there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so.

Yeah but it's not 2007-2010 people are starting to see that there are other options and no longer is IOS leaps and bounds better than everything else. I am sure the iphone whatever they call it will sell better than the 4s did but it just shows how well android continues to sell and will have to see if people decide to wait and see what bb10 looks like on phones and what options they have. You can check out any iphone sites and you will see they aren't real excited about it. If this really was something major this would have been all over the media but that didn't seem to be the case.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why people expected a radical update. They have NEVER been that company. Maybe when they were nearly dead in the 90's and needed OS X. Or maybe when they went from power pc to intel. Everyone knows this. OS 7 will probably be the same. Nothing radical. For those who aren't happy, you're free to go wherever you want.

Yeah, why should they change, right? After all, "it just works". I wonder IF this slogan of theirs would still stand if Jailbreaking became illegal and people couldn't do it any more.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course it would. People who Jailbreak do so for the luxury. Even if people weren't allowed to Jailbreak they would still have iPhones. Very much so.

except IOS is different than what is on their laptops and notebooks, and if all apple has to say is the ecosystem, well that doesn't really do much for those that do not need to have everything from one company or OS. Still not really that advanced no matter how much you defend it.

Defending? It's common sense. iOS is the world's most advanced operating system. It's a verified fact. What else is there?

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it's not 2007-2010 people are starting to see that there are other options and no longer is IOS leaps and bounds better than everything else. I am sure the iphone whatever they call it will sell better than the 4s did but it just shows how well android continues to sell and will have to see if people decide to wait and see what bb10 looks like on phones and what options they have. You can check out any iphone sites and you will see they aren't real excited about it. If this really was something major this would have been all over the media but that didn't seem to be the case.

People are already seeing other options overseas as the new Gallaxy S3 is outselling the iPhone 4S and it hasn't even been out that long yet. I bet it will sell just as well over here in spite of Apples antics to stop it's release in the US.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Of course it would. People who Jailbreak do so for the luxury. Even if people weren't allowed to Jailbreak they would still have iPhones. Very much so.

I doubt the number of follows would be as high as you think. Luxury? Don't kid yourself, most people JB including myself to get the features that should have been available on our Apple devices right out of the box. As far as people still having iPhones, I agree, but I think a lot would leave for a platform that can offer them what they need. I know I would have given up my iPhone and iPad a long time ago had it not been for Jailbreaking them.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the number of follows would be as high as you think. Luxury? Don't kid yourself, most people JB including myself to get the features that should have been available on our Apple devices right out of the box. As far as people still having iPhones, I agree, but I think a lot would leave for a platform that can offer them what they need. I know I would have given up my iPhone and iPad a long time ago had it not been for Jailbreaking them.

It wouldn't make sense for a person to have bought the iPhone if they would leave it of it weren't for a jailbreak. That doesn't make sense. Apple has only advertise what you see right out of the box, it's all stock. Therefore if they made the purchase they would have liked what they originally saw.

Jailbreaking is just something to do in your free time. I mean, people don't depend on jailbreaking. People like stock, but they like the perks that Jailbreaking gives. A Jailbroken iPhone is after all 95% stock.

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
There will be more before it launches. They have to save some for the new iPhone launch in October when this software launches.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There will be more before it launches. They have to save some for the new iPhone launch in October when this software launches.

There won't be that much more. Apple does the same dang thing year after year just to get people to keep following them. They said the same exact "200 new features" thing last year with iOS 5.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't make sense for a person to have bought the iPhone if they would leave it of it weren't for a jailbreak. That doesn't make sense. Apple has only advertise what you see right out of the box, it's all stock. Therefore of they made the purchase they would have liked what they originally saw.

Jailbreaking is just something to do in your free time. I mean, people don't depend on jailbreaking. People like stock, but they like the perks that Jailbreaking gives. A Jailbroken iPhone is after all 95% stock.

People do like the Galaxy S3 but if you want to be at the center of the mobile world, there is only one option.
Oh, what option is that? And please don't say the the iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

damn, Irish, your panties are still in a bundle???

maybe this time you'll get mad enough to NEVER come back :eek: :D

shathis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh that makes sense then. Idk why they can't get turn by turn, I mean even basic android phones with same or lesser specs can run turn by turn nav on android.

Oh but don't forget they will TAKE AWAY your ability to use Street View and give you nothing in return. You should now bow down and worship Apple.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally the way i look at it we all whine and moan about these sorts of things from apple but ultimately we have all the power. If any of us would just spend 1 hour studying apples track record for the past 5 years we should more than expect this. They make small changes,keep it simple, and keep it stable. But i digress we as the consumer have all the power. As said on stage by someone ( i forgot) they have sold 350 + million i devices from Jan-Mar..... the bottom line is the day consumers as a whole decided that Apple is Not doing good enough and we stop buying their products they are going to be forced to make changes. Research in motion is going through this right now and apple is simply following in there footsteps. The only difference is that apple has Rims mistakes to learn from...

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
To me Apple provides a platform that through jailbreaking I can customize to meet my needs just like we all do with our computers. The thing that gets me is Apple feels like they have the right to continually come out with minor OS updates and stop signing older versions. If anything should happen and the phone needs to be restored we get "blanked". For instance, just because MS comes out with Win 8 everyone isn't forced to upgrade if they need an OS refresh - they can just reinstall Win 7 or whatever they have.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
To me Apple provides a platform that through jailbreaking I can customize to meet my needs just like we all do with our computers. The thing that gets me is Apple feels like they have the right to continually come out with minor OS updates and stop signing older versions. If anything should happen and the phone needs to be restored we get "blanked". For instance, just because MS comes out with Win 8 everyone isn't forced to upgrade if they need an OS refresh - they can just reinstall Win 7 or whatever they have.

That's the major difference between a "closed" system (Apple) and an "open" system (Microsoft). But eventually, even Microsoft stops supporting the old stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner