There will be more before it launches. They have to save some for the new iPhone launch in October when this software launches.
    06-11-2012 10:13 PM
    There will be more before it launches. They have to save some for the new iPhone launch in October when this software launches.
    There won't be that much more. Apple does the same dang thing year after year just to get people to keep following them. They said the same exact "200 new features" thing last year with iOS 5.
    redbeard likes this.
    06-11-2012 10:18 PM
    It wouldn't make sense for a person to have bought the iPhone if they would leave it of it weren't for a jailbreak. That doesn't make sense. Apple has only advertise what you see right out of the box, it's all stock. Therefore of they made the purchase they would have liked what they originally saw.

Jailbreaking is just something to do in your free time. I mean, people don't depend on jailbreaking. People like stock, but they like the perks that Jailbreaking gives. A Jailbroken iPhone is after all 95% stock.

People do like the Galaxy S3 but if you want to be at the center of the mobile world, there is only one option.
    Oh, what option is that? And please don't say the the iPhone.
    06-11-2012 10:21 PM
    As long as people keep buying into Apples "It just works" BS, they'll never change as there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so.

iOS 6, what a joke!
    damn, Irish, your panties are still in a bundle???

maybe this time you'll get mad enough to NEVER come back
    Fausty82 likes this.
    06-11-2012 10:22 PM
    damn, Irish, your panties are still in a bundle???
    Who said I was wearing panties?

maybe this time you'll get mad enough to NEVER come back
    Naw, as long as I can still jailbreak, I'm good.
    Fausty82 and redbeard like this.
    06-11-2012 10:24 PM
    You just seem disconnected from the mobile world. How long has Microsoft been working on Windows 8?
    Last edited by motoleo; 06-11-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    06-11-2012 10:57 PM
    Oh that makes sense then. Idk why they can't get turn by turn, I mean even basic android phones with same or lesser specs can run turn by turn nav on android.
    Oh but don't forget they will TAKE AWAY your ability to use Street View and give you nothing in return. You should now bow down and worship Apple.
    06-11-2012 11:43 PM
    Personally the way i look at it we all whine and moan about these sorts of things from apple but ultimately we have all the power. If any of us would just spend 1 hour studying apples track record for the past 5 years we should more than expect this. They make small changes,keep it simple, and keep it stable. But i digress we as the consumer have all the power. As said on stage by someone ( i forgot) they have sold 350 + million i devices from Jan-Mar..... the bottom line is the day consumers as a whole decided that Apple is Not doing good enough and we stop buying their products they are going to be forced to make changes. Research in motion is going through this right now and apple is simply following in there footsteps. The only difference is that apple has Rims mistakes to learn from...
    06-12-2012 01:01 AM
    To me Apple provides a platform that through jailbreaking I can customize to meet my needs just like we all do with our computers. The thing that gets me is Apple feels like they have the right to continually come out with minor OS updates and stop signing older versions. If anything should happen and the phone needs to be restored we get "blanked". For instance, just because MS comes out with Win 8 everyone isn't forced to upgrade if they need an OS refresh - they can just reinstall Win 7 or whatever they have.
    06-12-2012 01:22 AM
    To me Apple provides a platform that through jailbreaking I can customize to meet my needs just like we all do with our computers. The thing that gets me is Apple feels like they have the right to continually come out with minor OS updates and stop signing older versions. If anything should happen and the phone needs to be restored we get "blanked". For instance, just because MS comes out with Win 8 everyone isn't forced to upgrade if they need an OS refresh - they can just reinstall Win 7 or whatever they have.
    That's the major difference between a "closed" system (Apple) and an "open" system (Microsoft). But eventually, even Microsoft stops supporting the old stuff.
    06-12-2012 01:26 AM
    Boring. Disappointing. Facebook integration is nothing new, it's just bringing back something that was developed (and should have been included) long ago. Maps, sure it uses Apple's maps now but it's basically the same functionality as far as I'm concerned, couldn't care less. Turn-by-turn, not something I'll use and I already had "an app for that."

Kind of sucks that the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the DND function.

I also like the fact you won't be taken out of the app store when you download/upgrade but IMO it should have been like that all long.

I don't remember what it was like in the past but hopefully they'll introduce a major new feature or two closer to or at launch.
    06-12-2012 08:12 AM
    Been an iPhone user/family since 3G but like many of you am BORED with the STALE UI!

With no meaningful UI changes on the horizon, the 4S may have been our last iOS device.

Apple is now treating users like children that are incapable of customizing their own home screens.

Time to move on.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-12-2012 08:49 AM
    Let me preface this with: I was, and still am, a complete webOS fanboy. However, seeing as there isn't any new webOS hardware on the horizon, I was ready to make the jump to iOS6/iPhone5. Android is a mess (I have CM9 on my Touchpad), and I'm not that interested in BB10 (maybe I should be). I've been using WindowsPhone for the last 7 months and it is BORING. It's just not fun to use. The email is leagues beyond any other mobile email, but other than that, it sucks. So, I was really hoping to be wowed by iOS6. What a let-down. Nearly everything they showed off could have been accomplished with an app. The rest has been part of every other mobile OS since PalmOS. In fact, iOS UI reminds me of PalmOS.

So, now I'm not so sure I want to enter the world of Apple. I really wanted to see some significant multitasking and notification updates. The ONLY thing I saw from iOS6 that was even a blip on the usefulness radar was the ability to add email attachments from the compose screen. No updates to file system for documents/photos was also a big let-down.

Maybe I'll just dust off the ol' Pre2 and wait until iOS6/iPhone5 gets a jailbreak.
    06-12-2012 08:53 AM
    That's the major difference between a "closed" system (Apple) and an "open" system (Microsoft). But eventually, even Microsoft stops supporting the old stuff.
    So then Apple computers are locked down? No.

Microsoft may stop supporting but never-ever make it so you can't use it.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    06-12-2012 10:11 AM
    Been an iPhone user/family since 3G but like many of you am BORED with the STALE UI!

With no meaningful UI changes on the horizon, the 4S may have been our last iOS device.

Apple is now treating users like children that are incapable of customizing their own home screens.

Time to move on.
    bye, do not let the door hit you on the way out
    06-12-2012 10:23 AM
    Who said I was wearing panties?
    :o ........
    06-12-2012 10:24 AM
    i think some people here are missing the point. yes, of course jailbreakers had these things eons ago but not the "average" iPhone user which are the ones who are the majority of sales every year

they could care less if you had "Pull to Refresh" 5 years ago. all they care about, and should, is the fact that they will be getting it in a few months and they do not have to tinker with their device either

i also think when you get all of us "techy" peeps together in one place then it just becomes a pissing match between Team Pure and Team JB. believable it or not the majority of iPhone users DO NOT CARE! lets just lay our wieners on a table and get it over with!
    Fausty82 and Dryland like this.
    06-12-2012 10:29 AM
    i also think when you get all of us "techy" peeps together in one place then it just becomes a pissing match between Team Pure and Team JB. believable it or not the majority of iPhone users DO NOT CARE! lets just lay our wieners on a table and get it over with!
    LOL. We're gonna need a big table!

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    Eileen89 likes this.
    06-12-2012 04:44 PM

Time to move on.
    I used to think the same thing... then I went and got an Android (Galaxy Nexus)... after about 3 weeks I'm back on my 4S and realized once the novelty of something "new" wore off, nothing beats the iOS user experience...

Galaxy Nexus for sale soon...
    06-12-2012 08:34 PM
    Let me preface this with: I was, and still am, a complete webOS fanboy.
    And I stopped reading after that. You needn't say more.

Time to move on.
    There's always... Windows Phones.
    06-12-2012 09:07 PM
    I like my iPhone because of all the apps, speed, and stability. And because of jailbreak, I don't even care what the ui is, because you can change it up and get what you want. Dream board is pretty cool, and I have the os7 revive theme on my phone. Im very satisfied.
    06-12-2012 09:14 PM
    I hear you, what a joke, are they sure this wasn't 5.2??

How do they expect to keep up with the competition?

They didn't update the ui one bit, still the same stale and dated rows of dead icons, no widgets, no notification icon, nada..

Oh but if you don't have a job and sit around posting crap on Facebook all day you're set.

It feels like more and more Apple is turning the iPhone into a dumbphone, nothing they added helps my job at all, the Galaxy 3 looks like it's got ten years on the iPhone with its stuck in 07 OS.
    I just wish the Galaxy 3 wasn't so big, I want something thats a really good phone but inbetween the GS3 and Iphone size :P
    06-16-2012 07:50 PM
    I just wish the Galaxy 3 wasn't so big, I want something thats a really good phone but inbetween the GS3 and Iphone size :P
    Sounds to me like you just described the upcoming 4" iPhone 5, or whatever Apple plans on calling it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    06-17-2012 07:39 AM
    All you who are critical over the lack of perceived advancement in the iOS UI, what the heck do you all want Apple to do here? I'm all for a UI change if it works better. What's going to do that? If you all have any ideas, I'm all ears. Otherwise I don't know what you guys even want.
    06-18-2012 03:21 AM
    All you who are critical over the lack of perceived advancement in the iOS UI, what the heck do you all want Apple to do here? I'm all for a UI change if it works better. What's going to do that? If you all have any ideas, I'm all ears. Otherwise I don't know what you guys even want.
    There are more than enough threads on this board that will answer this question for you. In short, I'll take more customization than what Apple currently allows, which isn't very much.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    Premium1 and redbeard like this.
    06-18-2012 05:00 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD