I don't see why people expected a radical update. They have NEVER been that company. Maybe when they were nearly dead in the 90's and needed OS X. Or maybe when they went from power pc to intel. Everyone knows this. OS 7 will probably be the same. Nothing radical. For those who aren't happy, you're free to go wherever you want.
    If anything people were expecting a meaningful update, this was just bad, there are glaring holes in iOS that they didn't even try to patch, how dumb is it that even on a shiny new iPhone 5 this fall it will still say it's 73 degrees and sunny 24/7? It's pretty bad when even Blackerry's new OS looks years ahead of Apple's mobile OS!
    06-11-2012 05:31 PM
    Now I can see why apple is trying so hard to get the htc one series and sgs3 banned.
    redbeard and Moonbase0ne like this.
    06-11-2012 05:37 PM
    Thank god for jailbreak. The IOS 6 was lame, but they always are. In fairness, I think that we feel that way becuase we are used to all the good things that devs bring the jb community. In my opinion, no IOS will make me happy, because I feel like cydia is always a couple of steps ahead, which is fine with me. Apple caters to a majority, not jb'ers. I understand that, so I'm happy.
    06-11-2012 05:45 PM
    If anything people were expecting a meaningful update, this was just bad, there are glaring holes in iOS that they didn't even try to patch, how dumb is it that even on a shiny new iPhone 5 this fall it will still say it's 73 degrees and sunny 24/7? It's pretty bad when even Blackerry's new OS looks years ahead of Apple's mobile OS!
    I rely on the notification bar for weather updates, so I don't notice that static icon. As for BB 10, it doesn't matter how it looks, it won't overthrow iOS anytime soon, if ever.
    06-11-2012 06:00 PM
    I rely on the notification bar for weather updates, so I don't notice that static icon. As for BB 10, it doesn't matter how it looks, it won't overthrow iOS anytime soon, if ever.
    That mentality is what got RIM in the position they are in today.
    redbeard and Moonbase0ne like this.
    06-11-2012 06:28 PM
    Looks like others weren't impressed with apple's keynote. Apple stock drops after WWDC keynote
    06-11-2012 07:00 PM
    06-11-2012 07:01 PM
    I hear you, what a joke, are they sure this wasn't 5.2??

How do they expect to keep up with the competition?

They didn't update the ui one bit, still the same stale and dated rows of dead icons, no widgets, no notification icon, nada..

Oh but if you don't have a job and sit around posting crap on Facebook all day you're set.

It feels like more and more Apple is turning the iPhone into a dumbphone, nothing they added helps my job at all, the Galaxy 3 looks like it's got ten years on the iPhone with its stuck in 07 OS.
    If it's any consolation, Apple has historically saved one or two "surprises" for the GM/release version over what is shown at WWDC and in the beta releases... there's still hope!
    06-11-2012 07:06 PM
    Isn't this the best update there has ever been?
    06-11-2012 07:13 PM
    Isn't this the best update there has ever been?
    It won't be until there's a jailbreak for it released yesterday...
    06-11-2012 07:15 PM
    It won't be until there's a jailbreak for it released yesterday...
    Seriously though, this is pretty much the biggest update there has ever been to. a. phone. ever. No other keynote has gotten this much attention.
    06-11-2012 07:31 PM
    I agree. I don't really see much to warrant iOS 6 over what other OS's have right now.

"The world's most advanced operating system" -- Really Apple? Really?
    06-11-2012 08:28 PM
    I agree. I don't really see much to warrant iOS 6 over what other OS's have right now.

"The world's most advanced operating system" -- Really Apple? Really?
    It's apple, they have the best of everything and invented everything remember
    06-11-2012 09:09 PM
    It looks like WP8 will have some legs after all. It's funny how this "advanced" OS has new things that Android and WP have had for a while.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-11-2012 09:21 PM
    But Android doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple has. I mean, where's Android's laptops and notebooks? Well the icons kind of have to be "static" I mean it's an icon. The fact that the weather app says 73 degrees didn't anything to be mad about.
    Last edited by motoleo; 06-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    06-11-2012 09:21 PM
    But Android doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple has. I mean, where's Android's laptops and notebooks? Well the icons kind of have to be "static" I mean it's an icon. The fact that the weather app says 73 degrees didn't anything to be mad about.
    except IOS is different than what is on their laptops and notebooks, and if all apple has to say is the ecosystem, well that doesn't really do much for those that do not need to have everything from one company or OS. Still not really that advanced no matter how much you defend it.
    06-11-2012 09:37 PM
    And that's why Microsoft has a chance with the new Xbox/phone/tablet/computer integration in Windows 8. Maybe apple will be #3 by 2015 after all.
    06-11-2012 09:40 PM
    That's the apple way. They aren't going to change the look, then they wouldn't be able to try and sue Samsung if they did. Funny the 3gs and 4 are getting watered down versions, can't really say anything about android although their updates are slow, when they get an update they get all the features for that said update.iOS 6 coming to older iPhone and iPad models, but not with all of its features
    As long as people keep buying into Apples "It just works" BS, they'll never change as there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so.

iOS 6, what a joke!
    06-11-2012 09:50 PM
    Looks like others weren't impressed with apple's keynote. Apple stock drops after WWDC keynote
    This is exactly what Apple needs. If people start voting with their wallets and not their blinders "maybe" Apple will get the hint....
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-11-2012 09:54 PM
    As long as people keep buying into Apples "It just works" BS, they'll never change as there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so.

iOS 6, what a joke!
    Yeah but it's not 2007-2010 people are starting to see that there are other options and no longer is IOS leaps and bounds better than everything else. I am sure the iphone whatever they call it will sell better than the 4s did but it just shows how well android continues to sell and will have to see if people decide to wait and see what bb10 looks like on phones and what options they have. You can check out any iphone sites and you will see they aren't real excited about it. If this really was something major this would have been all over the media but that didn't seem to be the case.
    06-11-2012 09:54 PM
    I don't see why people expected a radical update. They have NEVER been that company. Maybe when they were nearly dead in the 90's and needed OS X. Or maybe when they went from power pc to intel. Everyone knows this. OS 7 will probably be the same. Nothing radical. For those who aren't happy, you're free to go wherever you want.
    Yeah, why should they change, right? After all, "it just works". I wonder IF this slogan of theirs would still stand if Jailbreaking became illegal and people couldn't do it any more.
    06-11-2012 09:59 PM
    Of course it would. People who Jailbreak do so for the luxury. Even if people weren't allowed to Jailbreak they would still have iPhones. Very much so.

except IOS is different than what is on their laptops and notebooks, and if all apple has to say is the ecosystem, well that doesn't really do much for those that do not need to have everything from one company or OS. Still not really that advanced no matter how much you defend it.
    Defending? It's common sense. iOS is the world's most advanced operating system. It's a verified fact. What else is there?
    Last edited by motoleo; 06-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    06-11-2012 10:03 PM
    Yeah but it's not 2007-2010 people are starting to see that there are other options and no longer is IOS leaps and bounds better than everything else. I am sure the iphone whatever they call it will sell better than the 4s did but it just shows how well android continues to sell and will have to see if people decide to wait and see what bb10 looks like on phones and what options they have. You can check out any iphone sites and you will see they aren't real excited about it. If this really was something major this would have been all over the media but that didn't seem to be the case.
    People are already seeing other options overseas as the new Gallaxy S3 is outselling the iPhone 4S and it hasn't even been out that long yet. I bet it will sell just as well over here in spite of Apples antics to stop it's release in the US.
    06-11-2012 10:04 PM
    Of course it would. People who Jailbreak do so for the luxury. Even if people weren't allowed to Jailbreak they would still have iPhones. Very much so.
    I doubt the number of follows would be as high as you think. Luxury? Don't kid yourself, most people JB including myself to get the features that should have been available on our Apple devices right out of the box. As far as people still having iPhones, I agree, but I think a lot would leave for a platform that can offer them what they need. I know I would have given up my iPhone and iPad a long time ago had it not been for Jailbreaking them.
    06-11-2012 10:10 PM
    I doubt the number of follows would be as high as you think. Luxury? Don't kid yourself, most people JB including myself to get the features that should have been available on our Apple devices right out of the box. As far as people still having iPhones, I agree, but I think a lot would leave for a platform that can offer them what they need. I know I would have given up my iPhone and iPad a long time ago had it not been for Jailbreaking them.
    It wouldn't make sense for a person to have bought the iPhone if they would leave it of it weren't for a jailbreak. That doesn't make sense. Apple has only advertise what you see right out of the box, it's all stock. Therefore if they made the purchase they would have liked what they originally saw.

Jailbreaking is just something to do in your free time. I mean, people don't depend on jailbreaking. People like stock, but they like the perks that Jailbreaking gives. A Jailbroken iPhone is after all 95% stock.
    Last edited by motoleo; 06-11-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    06-11-2012 10:13 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD