Apple taking away the notification center?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you think they would remove the notification center in the new iOS? Because it doesn't seem like they really incorporated it deeply. They basically just copied from Android.

Was it really worth it?

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If anything, Notification Center will get improvements in iOS 6. They aren't going to introduce a brand new feature (that was one of the highlights of iOS 5 if I'm not mistaken) and then axe it the following year.

PS - This topic title is very misleading...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
No way they would remove it. It's one of the most important parts of iOS and they will only make it better. Especially as more devs incorporate the APIs into their apps.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying that they're going to remove it voluntarily. Its straight out of Android. And I know they want to get Apple on that what with all the patent wars going on.

I mean, how did they get away with it? Who's idea was it?

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Has google or anyone sued them about that specifically? And if they do, there just might be a settlement about it instead of ripping it out.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Even if Google sued apple would throw some loose change at them and tell them to kick rocks and apple would make millions more selling iPhone's with notification center improvements

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You'd be surprised but Google would probably just decide to sue them as they update it. But to me, it's hipocritical. Why would you say that all the lawsuits are "a pain in the ass" and you're "not responsible for the entire world's innovations by having people develop something and slap their name on it," when that's exactly the very thing they did?

I mean, how does it slip under the radar? Oh, I know, because of how poorly it's been implemented.

But to say that Apple would just slap a huge stack of cash out to it. Why would it be worth it! Why did Apple have to have the notification bar?

I mean, what if Apple takes something else from Android?

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I could do without it. It needs major improvements. IMO badges and banners work for iOS like the notification center does for android. Makes no sense to have both.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It's actually rather annoying in my opinion. I mean, it slides down every time you try to watch a video. There's nothing interesting on it. And it doesn't even tell you the day's date. :/

Even when something does come in, you can see it right on your home screen, I just think the notification center is unnecessary and needs to go. It was basically just shoehorned in. No more implementing Android.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^^^if you dislike it so much, then just dont use it.. i personally have never had it "slide down every time i watch a movie."

perhaps you should try and actually use it and customize it so it functions for you instead of just saying there's nothing interesting on it.

i agree there could be some upgrades, but I like it and with Inteliscreen, it's worth it to me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You'd be surprised but Google would probably just decide to sue them as they update it. But to me, it's hipocritical. Why would you say that all the lawsuits are "a pain in the ass" and you're "not responsible for the entire world's innovations by having people develop something and slap their name on it," when that's exactly the very thing they did?

I mean, how does it slip under the radar? Oh, I know, because of how poorly it's been implemented.

But to say that Apple would just slap a huge stack of cash out to it. Why would it be worth it! Why did Apple have to have the notification bar?

I mean, what if Apple takes something else from Android?

Because lawsuits are just a bunch of lawyers making money off any garbage. Lawyers are shrewd you know whats.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who uses Notification centre ALL the time? I find it to be so much more useful than a badge on the home screen

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did Apple even say anything about Notification Center in iOS 6? Actually, it hadn't made an appearence at all.

...Looks like I could be right.

Please stop trolling. They not only added features (Do Not Disturb, etc), but they ported it to OS X. It ain't going anywhere. Write it down. In. Ink.

Last edited:

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
W jailbreak tweaks, I've added a lot to it and I use it all the time. I have a web search, ncsettings for different toggles like Bluetooth I use all the time, a brightness slider I adjust all the time, a tweet button, and play and pause for podcasts/music. Much Better than just badges because I can see what the notification is about.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I never touch it and I'm messing with the phone constantly to the point where my girlfriend is jealous.

I use it all the time! I find it to be the best addition to iOS in a long time. I like being able to jump to a specific notification straight from there rather than having to go to the app manually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen