iOS 6 Launching!!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, have read some news about that.
These are nice features but expected. I would hope Apple offers a better turn-by-turn navigation app to compete against Google Maps on Android.

glidem

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the recent news articles here and elsewhere certainly appears that iOS6 will be announced in a month or so. No doubt Siri will be pushed further and the Maps app seems to be moving away from Google to Apple's own setup.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Apple will announce iOS 6 at WWDC, and show the major new features. The developer launch will happen sometime in June. The developers will get to test the software for bugs for a consumer release a few days or a week before the new iPhone launches sometime in fall (more than likely). That's the way it has always been in the past, anyway.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I'm so excited to try out the beta. Even though I know it will have bugs :(

if the beta is anything like the 5.0 betas were then the bugs will be down to a minimum

which reminds me, when that time comes i wouldn't mind if someone would allow me to borrow a slot. for beta testing purposes of course

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Better be revolutionary, iOS is starting to look years behind it's competitors..

Maybe in iOS 17 we'll get turn by turn and widgets.. iOS 30 for a notification icon.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Beta released to the developers in June. Public release should be fall.

I wonder how the rumored different screen size and aspect ratio of the new iphone might impact this. Let's assume they're changing iOS 6 to support a 16:9 4" iphone, would it be possible to intro iOS 6 in June without also introducing the new iphone?

If they're properly going to properly beta test iOS 6, then devs would need to know certain details about the upcoming iphone.

An earlier iphone launch than Oct would make some sense if a mini ipad is also going to launch in Oct.

lesbass0201

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes they make people excite. Like before rumor spread that iPhone 5 will be released but iPhone 4s came out. I think we have to wait if iOS 6 will "truly" comes out

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes they make people excite. Like before rumor spread that iPhone 5 will be released but iPhone 4s came out. I think we have to wait if iOS 6 will "truly" comes out

you know what excites me? the fact that your avatar info says you have an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1.1 AND it is jailbroken! :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how the rumored different screen size and aspect ratio of the new iphone might impact this. Let's assume they're changing iOS 6 to support a 16:9 4" iphone, would it be possible to intro iOS 6 in June without also introducing the new iphone?

If they're properly going to properly beta test iOS 6, then devs would need to know certain details about the upcoming iphone.

An earlier iphone launch than Oct would make some sense if a mini ipad is also going to launch in Oct.

Some certain details wont hit on the betas until late in the stage. Apple does not want certain stuff leaked. If a 4" screen is coming, I am sure Apple has a plan.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
do you think will the beta be available as of June 11?

POSSIBLY as a beta for developers... it WILL NOT be available GM/GA at that time... probably won't be available to the masses until the iPhone 5 launches in the fall.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
POSSIBLY as a beta for developers... it WILL NOT be available GM/GA at that time... probably won't be available to the masses until the iPhone 5 launches in the fall.

this actually makes sense and would be reminiscent of last years lengthy iOS 5 beta process

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

That's what I was expecting - ie developer only

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro