It's never too early to start with the demandments!

What new features are you looking for in iOS 6?

Is there anything major Apple's mobile OS is still missing? Is it time for more refinement? Is it time to redo some things from scratch?

I'd like to see better inter-app communication, like contracts in Windows Phone.

That'd be great for starters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gigi100557 likes this.
    03-28-2012 06:10 PM
    I said this in the iOS 5 dream thread and I'll say it again in this one. I want quick change toggles added to the notification drop down bar. Is it really that hard to add 3G/LTE/WiFi on-off quick switch toggles? I mean, this is a feature that has been available via Cydia for some time now and really works out well, IMO. Also, I think it is time that Apple adds widgets to the home screen. I know there are people ther who feel that they are a battery drainer, and I agree to a certain extent. However, from the rumors we've been hearing, Apple is planning on increasing the battery capacity anyway, therefore I don't think widgets will hurt anything at this point. I would also like to see Swype added to the keyboard as well as Heptic feedback. As it stands now, these features are only available via Cydia. I thought once Apple hired that jailbreak guy we would see more features such as the ones that I just mentioned, but so far there have been very few changes from what I've seen......
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    03-28-2012 07:36 PM
    I'd like to see more feature for siri, and third party app integration with Siri, perhaps a Siri API?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-28-2012 07:58 PM
    I'd like to see a quick response to an iMessage or text message feature like how it is in BiteSMS (Jailbreak). Also a cool thing I thought of: Allow people to add contacts to their phone using your Apple ID. That way a user can update their Contact information and with iCloud, the information gets updated on everyone's device who has you as their contact. Of course the person who have to accept a Contact invite for this to work. I think its a good idea though.
    04-06-2012 03:29 PM
    I will tell you one thing they need to add in: support to do attachments in the mail app. I'll also say for fun to allow FaceTime through the cellular connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-09-2012 11:22 PM
    Oh yeah I almost forgot! Free navigation app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-09-2012 11:25 PM
    I'm wondering if widgets are too much to ask for.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 4G using Tapatalk
    04-10-2012 12:16 AM
    The ability to tap somewhere on the bottom of the screen to automatically scroll to the bottom like we can now do at the top.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    04-10-2012 08:57 AM
    A brand new "IN YOUR FACE TAKE THAT RIM & OUTLOOK!!!" native Mail app.

Multiple attachments and true PUSH function!
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    04-10-2012 01:19 PM
    I still want a BB/Rim-like "bedside manner mode" to turn off any and all notifications but the phone ringing when I have the phone in the cradle on the nightstand.
    04-10-2012 02:16 PM
    Um... why do you have two posts on the same topic (and even in the same forum)?

As for my answer - I already gave it in the other thread - link
    04-12-2012 05:06 AM
    i would like to see the old ios 4 toggles back. i dont like the rounded ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapoop
    04-12-2012 07:11 AM
    - Quick settings option from notification drop down ( like wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc )
    - Widgets
    - Ability to set icon placement ( leaving gaps if desired )
    - Podcast subscriptions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-12-2012 08:09 AM
    - Quick settings option from notification drop down ( like wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc )
    - Widgets
    - Ability to set icon placement ( leaving gaps if desired )
    - Podcast subscriptions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Care to elaborate on Podcast Subscriptions? I thought you can do this already.....
    04-12-2012 11:50 PM
    Care to elaborate on Podcast Subscriptions? I thought you can do this already.....
    You can't. You have to manually download new episodes. Go to any podcast in iTunes.app, you won't find a Subscribe button...
    04-13-2012 07:11 AM
    I'm hoping they tweak the notification bar. When you reply to something or have already viewed it, it should automatically clear (and no I'm not talking about when we view it from the bar, previous Android users know). We shouldn't have to clear it on our own.
    04-14-2012 11:09 AM
    I would like profiles based on location. This is the main thing I miss from my android phone.
    04-17-2012 03:24 PM
    Themes
    Quick toggles
    Browser rendering profiles
    Widgets
    Ringer profiles
    Built in tutorials
    More apps in folders
    04-30-2012 02:09 PM
    Themes
    Quick toggles
    Browser rendering profiles
    Widgets
    Ringer profiles
    Built in tutorials
    More apps in folders
    So you want to see an official jailbreak come out with iOS6 then? Me too!
    04-30-2012 03:57 PM
    I would like to see:

more advanced Email app - better native support for Gmail and other email services

more advanced Contacts app - create, edit contact groups from within the iPhone
    05-01-2012 08:48 AM
    Has anyone seen THIS article titled, "15 Suggestions For iOS 6"?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-05-2012 03:12 PM
    Widgets. Or something like it. I set the timer with Siri for 30 min... And then a bit later I asked her how much time was left and this popped up, with the seconds ticking away.... That should be something included in a near iteration of iOS. Attachment 15624
    05-07-2012 08:44 PM
    I would love to have a way to clear out the old email addresses that
    Seem they stay in the email app.
    05-07-2012 08:59 PM
    I really really want to be able to make text bigger with pinch zoom in the browser and have it reflow. it really makes no sense that iOS does not have this basic feature.
    05-10-2012 02:21 PM
    My wish list:

1) toggles for the following functions within the notification window: airplane mode, bluetooth, wifi, and vibrate (from the sounds menu)

2) multiple attachment support for email, which leads to a

3) Files.app system. It doesn't have to be all files stored on the phone. Make it documents & pictures (no music to avoid legal issues). Make an API that allows for storage in the Files.app repository.

4) Updated homescreen features. Maybe some more information shown on the icons, the ability to place icons on the screen wherever in the grid you want, and maybe some icon refreshes (less blue).

5) As Rene said, better interoperability between apps.

I hope they can do this. It would make the OS that much more enjoyable to use. That's my view, anyway.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S
    05-16-2012 03:33 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD